Just at the Right Time...

forevermika

So lately I've been really annoyed with Mika

I know no one wants to read a thread like this just when we're all excited about the new album but keep reading! It gets better, trust me.

So I’ve just been fed up with all the gimmicks (Mika’s Magic #’s, the “naked vlog” thing). But I found out a couple weeks ago that one of the girls I drive to school with is a Mika fan and I didn’t even know! So she was really excited about the new album and I was excited too, but I still felt the sting of how annoying it had all been lately. I wish I could blindly love Mika like she did (I guess I really am a fan who knows too much). So on the day of the album release when I stopped to pick her up I was sad that I wouldn’t really be able to share her excitement. But then a little song called Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry came on the radio, and I remembered this dream I had a couple months ago where Mika and I were just dancing around to this song. And right then, a nanosecond before my friend got into the car, I remembered what I loved about Mika: the fun. And just at the right time I was able to get back to that Mika-loving mood I missed (although it was weird getting there via Katy Perry) and I was finally be able to be as excited as my friend was.

Then I silently thanked about a billion people: Mika, Katy Perry, My friend, the radio DJ who decided to play that song at the opportune moment.

True story du jour.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know no one wants to read a thread like this just when we're all excited about the new album but keep reading! It gets better, trust me.

So I’ve just been fed up with all the gimmicks (Mika’s Magic #’s, the “naked vlog” thing). But I found out a couple weeks ago that one of the girls I drive to school with is a Mika fan and I didn’t even know! So she was really excited about the new album and I was excited too, but I still felt the sting of how annoying it had all been lately. I wish I could blindly love Mika like she did (I guess I really am a fan who knows too much). So on the day of the album release when I stopped to pick her up I was sad that I wouldn’t really be able to share her excitement. But then a little song called Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry came on the radio, and I remembered this dream I had a couple months ago where Mika and I were just dancing around to this song. And right then, a nanosecond before my friend got into the car, I remembered what I loved about Mika: the fun. And just at the right time I was able to get back to that Mika-loving mood I missed (although it was weird getting there via Katy Perry) and I was finally be able to be as excited as my friend was.

Then I silently thanked about a billion people: Mika, Katy Perry, My friend, the radio DJ who decided to play that song at the opportune moment.

True story du jour.

that's really sweet.im glad ur 'back'. all i can say. :wub2:

Welcome back!:thumb_yello:

I am not sure what it really was that made you leave for a longer period, but concering the 'gimmics' you refer to, I believe they were created with the right intention. :wink2:..

Sometimes it also takes me a while to understand some of his motives behind certain things but I always conclude that he simply has a completely different way of thinking that can be difficult to follow ...:doh:.

Besides, he also does things for fun and not necessarily because he is supposed to do them. :teehee:

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the new album!

Welcome back!:thumb_yello:

I am not sure what it really was that made you leave for a longer period, but concering the 'gimmics' you refer to, I believe they were created with the right intention. :wink2:..

Sometimes it also takes me a while to understand some of his motives behind certain things but I always conclude that he simply has a completely different way of thinking that can be difficult to follow ...:doh:.

Besides, he also does things for fun and not necessarily because he is supposed to do them. :teehee:

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the new album!

what worries me isn't "is he being made to do these gimmics?" its "does he want to do these gimmics?":huh: :angel_not:

who knows? it's not like any of us knows the guy.

no we don't know him. but you can see his face lighten up when you ask him about the magic numbers thing. we talked with him about it in milan and in munich, it was all his idea, and he has so many more plans with it - i just love how creative he is, and happy like a little boy about it. but yeah, on the other hand it scares me too, how powerful marketing instruments some of his ideas are, and sometimes wonder whether it can be for real. but i think it is, HE is real. :wub2:

no we don't know him. but you can see his face lighten up when you ask him about the magic numbers thing. we talked with him about it in milan and in munich, it was all his idea, and he has so many more plans with it - i just love how creative he is, and happy like a little boy about it. but yeah, on the other hand it scares me too, how powerful marketing instruments some of his ideas are, and sometimes wonder whether it can be for real. but i think it is, HE is real. :wub2:

Awwww!:wub2: he did that?

i feel bad now....:emot-sad:

sorry Mika:tears:

True story du jour.

Mika is human and so sometimes, he's going to do things, or say things, that some fans don't agree with.

I think the naked vlog was a silly idea really and I KNEW he wouldn't actually do it. The magic numbers are okay for those who can do it, but I haven't got a clue how to operate the thing. I've only just figured out how to copy and post links. I can only learn one thing at a time. But the numbers are a lovely idea.

However, one good thing about being older is that you realise that no one is perfect, so you don't expect them to be, and you love them anyway, and I have to say I love Mika more now than I did at the start, because I've experienced his kindness and generosity first hand, and seen how he's kind and generous to other fans.

He is a unique person, and still very vulnerable in many ways, even though he's the greatest singer-songwriter ever and the best performer. I think in many ways he's still a boy who needs taking care of, and I hope this mystery lover of his is doing just that!!!

Awwww!:wub2: he did that?

i feel bad now....:emot-sad:

sorry Mika:tears:

yeah, i'm glad actually that i asked him in munich about whether it was his idea, i just asked because someone else wanted to know, but i now also think it's an important information, i'd be wondering too whether it was all the record companys' idea. :wink2:

True story du jour.

welcome back! actually i've been away myself too,i got too caught up with things elsewhere that i neglected this forum for too long.i'll have to thank nikjass (or as i call her,kak jass) and linde (xlindee) for bringing me back here. :wub2: