Mika @ Little Noise Sessions 2009

Droopsy

"Perform a u-turn when possible"

Er...no darlin, I'm on the M6.

Stupid people well shouldn't be allowed to buy them. Bet they increase accident rates by 254576534%

It's rubbish in London, there are too many no right/left turns!

Yeah this reminds me of a story when hubby and I were driving around Westminster and decided to do a u-turn without noticing this cop that was really close to us.

He came like a shot and started telling us off, but he saw the Irish plate on the car (this was when we'd only been here a short time, and still had the car with an Irish plate) and then started saying really sternly::sneaky2: "You can't do a u-turn in this country, sir!"

I thought that he sounded really serious and wondered if all English cops were like that. The Irish Garda are far more easy going:naughty:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this reminds me of a story when hubby and I were driving around Westminster and decided to do a u-turn without noticing this cop that was really close to us.

He came like a shot and started telling us off, but he saw the Irish plate on the car (this was when we'd only been here a short time, and still had the car with an Irish plate) and then started saying really sternly::sneaky2: "You can't do a u-turn in this country, sir!"

I thought that he sounded really serious and wondered if all English cops were like that. The Irish Garda are far more easy going:naughty:

Some are, not all though.

Anytime I've been stopped they've always been quite nice and not stern, guess I've been lucky:naughty:

Some are, not all though.

Anytime I've been stopped they've always been quite nice and not stern, guess I've been lucky:naughty:

Yeah, I guess that they're nice, but I found them quite reserved and sort of 'stern'. I'm guessing that it was a bit of a culture shock for me, coming from Ireland. The Irish and English personalities are totally different, and even though now I can see (and appreciate :naughty:) the English "stiff upper lip" and its often corresponding serious-faced humour, back then it was all totally unknown to me and I guess that I took it a lot more seriously :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...