Win a private piano lesson with MIKA & other merch - North American fans

Blue Sky

Hi! I didn't know how to check the @messages on twitter so I just saw it. I got it in the mail today with a vinyl of We Are Golden :)

The biggest problem though is that the email given to send my contact info doesn't work! So I don't know what's going to happen.

If anyone else has a ticket pleeeeeease let me know what you did!

Thank you :)

Oh! And it was by UPS mail too, I dunno if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're not home or something :).

I PMed Dcdeb (a mod) about it. She's usually really helpful with Mikateam!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Soll! Now we'll all be running home to check our mailboxes. :naughty: If any of us wins, you'll most likely find an overly enthusiastic announcement in this thread. Good luck with the next round!

Edited by DaMango

Hi! I didn't know how to check the @messages on twitter so I just saw it. I got it in the mail today with a vinyl of We Are Golden :)

The biggest problem though is that the email given to send my contact info doesn't work! So I don't know what's going to happen.

Oh! And it was by UPS mail too, I dunno if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're not home or something :).

Thank you!

Congratulations!!

I hope everything gets settled:wink2:

Did you sign for it?

This is gonna sound super laaaaame, but what exactly does that mean? Sorry!

PM is a personal message that you can send to other MFCers

:wink2: I hope that helps:naughty:

EDIT

private message:teehee:

Edited by foalbaby14

:sad:

I feel you. I've been looking for a job for months and no one is hiring:sneaky2:

It's horrible! :tears: Soon I will have been unemployed for 4 months. I got contacted by a chain photo studio for an interview. Definitely not glamourous work but it would have paid the bills! I traveled 13 hours to where they were holding it and then I got an email later saying that I didn't meet their credentials and wasn't qualified. It baffled me because I was beyond qualified with the training I have and they hire people who don't know how to use a camera. As it turns out those studios don't want photographers (and actually told one of my classmates they don't want photographers even thought they list that they do on their sites.) They wanted pushy sales people so they teach them how to take (bad) photos then they pressure people into buying them. :no:

Then another one contacted me when I was visiting my ill grandmother. Instead of spending more time with her I rushed home to contact the person and wait. I heard back and had to make travel arrangements then call the person back. I was about to book plane tickets but good thing I didn't because she never contacted me back. :sneaky2:

Then yet another one contacted me and wanted me to travel all around Tennessee but paid practically nothing. When I told her I couldn't take it because it didn't pay enough to live on she was all, "I didn't think you would" in a snotty tone. Why call me then? :naughty:

I wonder if our economy will ever get better? :dunno: Someone I know who has been working for years just lost her job and is now living back with her parents. :(

What kind of job are you going for?

Thank you

Oh! And it was by UPS mail too, I dunno if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're not home or something.

Oh my gosh how exciting!!!! Congrats!! :woot_jump:

It's horrible! :tears: Soon I will have been unemployed for 4 months. I got contacted by a chain photo studio for an interview. Definitely not glamourous work but it would have paid the bills! I traveled 13 hours to where they were holding it and then I got an email later saying that I didn't meet their credentials and wasn't qualified. It baffled me because I was beyond qualified with the training I have and they hire people who don't know how to use a camera. As it turns out those studios don't want photographers (and actually told one of my classmates they don't want photographers even thought they list that they do on their sites.) They wanted pushy sales people so they teach them how to take (bad) photos then they pressure people into buying them. :no:

Then another one contacted me when I was visiting my ill grandmother. Instead of spending more time with her I rushed home to contact the person and wait. I heard back and had to make travel arrangements then call the person back. I was about to book plane tickets but good thing I didn't because she never contacted me back. :sneaky2:

Then yet another one contacted me and wanted me to travel all around Tennessee but paid practically nothing. When I told her I couldn't take it because it didn't pay enough to live on she was all, "I didn't think you would" in a snotty tone. Why call me then? :naughty:

I wonder if our economy will ever get better? :dunno: Someone I know who has been working for years just lost her job and is now living back with her parents. :(

What kind of job are you going for?

:sneaky2: Stupid people.

Any job right now because I'm in college so I just want extra money because I have scholarship that pays for everything.

Oh thanks for the info Soll. That's very helpful. And congratulations!!! :biggrin2:

So you're going to the Toronto gig? Is that right?

I live in Toronto but I applied for Vancouver because the venue is so small I thought my odds would be better. I guess we can all hope they send out later gigs later. Although I hope it's not 2 business days before the gig like this because I will be on the west coast and not at home. :naughty:

Oh thanks for the info Soll. That's very helpful. And congratulations!!! :biggrin2:

So you're going to the Toronto gig? Is that right?

I live in Toronto but I applied for Vancouver because the venue is so small I thought my odds would be better. I guess we can all hope they send out later gigs later. Although I hope it's not 2 business days before the gig like this because I will be on the west coast and not at home. :naughty:

Yeah, I'm going to the Toronto show. I think The Sound Academy is the one venue I haven't been to.

Vancouver eh? That's pretty awesome!

Good luck :D!

Yeah, I'm going to the Toronto show. I think The Sound Academy is the one venue I haven't been to.

Vancouver eh? That's pretty awesome!

Good luck :D!

Thanks!

I saw Lily Allen at the Sound Academy and it was quite good. I also saw her at Lee's Palace and the Phoenix but this was the best show even though it was much larger.

Come and say hi. We'll be the freaks at the front. :teehee:

Thanks!

I saw Lily Allen at the Sound Academy and it was quite good. I also saw her at Lee's Palace and the Phoenix but this was the best show even though it was much larger.

Come and say hi. We'll be the freaks at the front. :teehee:

Haha will do!

Is The Sound Academy accessible by TTC?

:sneaky2: Stupid people.

Any job right now because I'm in college so I just want extra money because I have scholarship that pays for everything.

Ooooh so lucky! You won't start out in mega debt! :naughty: I wish my last school had scholarships that I could have applied to but there wasn't any. Thank goodness I can defer my loan payments until I get a job.

Does your college have jobs you can apply for or are they all work study? All of ours were work study and since my family wasn't broke I was never eligible to apply. :aah:

Haha will do!

Is The Sound Academy accessible by TTC?

It looks like there is a bus 72A/B that comes from somewhere near Union or Pape Stations. I can't read these maps very well :aah:

http://www3.ttc.ca/images/fixedImages/TTCRideGuide_5.pdf

Way to make a good impression :teehee:

Well it's true innit? :dunno:

:teehee:

Thank you!

I got word from Dcdeb by the way, everything's worked out and I was able to send them the email!

I'm so excited!! :roll1:

:yay:

I'm so glad an MFCer has won, even if you've only been an MFCer for a couple of hours. :roftl: