Mika in Stockholm, Sweden at Annexet

Christine

Jag har varit helt otroligt besatt av Mika de här senaste veckorna (mer än vanligt!) och är sjukt nervös över konserten! Har aldrig sett honom tidigare och ser otroligt mycket fram emot det! Om det är någon som vill diskutera honom eller den kommande konserten, PM:a gärna!

By the way, how long before do you guys think that it´s good to show up if I wanna get to the front row? Three-four hours?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a good idea to start talking about queuing yet. Then people start to think that they have to get there earlier and earlier and in the end there's people who go there in the morning and that's just crazy.

It's not so cold at the moment, -6 degrees tonight, but we have longer days now and the sun is doing good, if it shows!:naughty:

Lots of snow though, more than we have had in ages!

But with a little luck maybe some of it will go away before the 18th.:wink2:

To the venue, take the tube, Green Line, station Globen.

There is a big mall next to the venue, convenient for food and to get warmed up.

To IKEA, take the tube, Red Line, station Skärholmen. A 10 minutes walk under the free-way from there.

Skärholmens Centrum is one of the biggest shopping centres in Sweden, prices are okay, hundreds of shops, that is where ordinary people do their shopping! :biggrin2:

There is a bus too, going from Stockholms city direct to IKEA, but I'm not sure where it starts from, I can find out more about it if someone is interested.

The bus is free and I think it leaves from outside of Gallerian, a shopping mall in central Sthlm. It's a bit hard to explain but here's a map. http://maps.google.se/maps?q=regeringsgatan+13&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Regeringsgatan+13,+111+53&gl=se&ei=FjSRS7yZCJKTjAffmaD_Cg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

Sorry Sienna for interupting but I've taken that bus a few times so I felt like sharing :)

Jag har varit helt otroligt besatt av Mika de här senaste veckorna (mer än vanligt!) och är sjukt nervös över konserten! Har aldrig sett honom tidigare och ser otroligt mycket fram emot det! Om det är någon som vill diskutera honom eller den kommande konserten, PM:a gärna!

By the way, how long before do you guys think that it´s good to show up if I wanna get to the front row? Three-four hours?

Hej hej! Välkomen hit till Mfc :) Har du varit ett fan länge eller nyligen upptäckt honom? Jag har också varit sjukt nervös. Fast jag har sett honom 2 gånger (3 beroende på hur man definierar det) och träffat honom (en gång). Jag går runt och typ försöker tänka ut vad jag ska säga, ha på mig och göra om vi får träffa honom nu. Och så lyssnar jag typ non stop på alla gamla goa låtar jag hoppas han framför.

I don't think it's a good idea to start talking about queuing yet. Then people start to think that they have to get there earlier and earlier and in the end there's people who go there in the morning and that's just crazy.

Yes it's a bit soon to decide that. I remember that there were some people 2007 (last time he played in annexet) that had been waiting for a long time but the queue really started to fill up at around 4-5 o clock. But that year it was wormer outside (compared to now, it was at least above zero) and he was more, not popular maybe, but new, fresh and exiting here (plus I think the tickets sold better that year), so I acctually belive that the queue will start to fill up later now.

I've seen on a 14 day weather chart that it will be approx minus 6 during the day which will mean it's going to sink to max minus 10 at the evening so I don't think as many people will have the strength to queue so long. On the other hand, it could always change since there is quite a long time left (when speaking of weather) Oh! I really wrote a lot about this. But I really think (and hope) that people wont queue for too long since I'm probably not going to be able to queue for too long this year and I do want a good place :biggrin2:

Yes it's a bit soon to decide that. I remember that there were some people 2007 (last time he played in annexet) that had been waiting for a long time but the queue really started to fill up at around 4-5 o clock. But that year it was wormer outside (compared to now, it was at least above zero) and he was more, not popular maybe, but new, fresh and exiting here (plus I think the tickets sold better that year), so I acctually belive that the queue will start to fill up later now.

I've seen on a 14 day weather chart that it will be approx minus 6 during the day which will mean it's going to sink to max minus 10 at the evening so I don't think as many people will have the strength to queue so long. On the other hand, it could always change since there is quite a long time left (when speaking of weather) Oh! I really wrote a lot about this. But I really think (and hope) that people wont queue for too long since I'm probably not going to be able to queue for too long this year and I do want a good place :biggrin2:

<-- won't queue in the crazy cold weather :no:

Yeah, based on the weather (and the fact that Mika doesn't seem to be as crazy-popular in Sweden as he is in, say, France), I don't think there's any need to queue terribly early. Just a couple hours before the doors open should hopefully be good. At -6 for a daytime high, if we tried to queue for too long we'd all be frozen by the time the doors opened! :aah:

It makes much more sense, I think, to spend the day somewhere warm, and arrive at the venue later. Below-freezing temperatures are not ideal for sitting on a sidewalk. :naughty:

I'm so excited to visit Stockholm! I'm there for two days after the gig to do some sightseeing. Hopefully it's warm enough to walk around without totally freezing.

Let's hope then that mika brings some sun and warm weather with him (but only for the real M-fans, we don't want the other ones to steal our daaarlings shadow). If you know what I mean ;)

Yep, for the real Mika fans AND their mothers, right? I'm bringing my mom there and I just started brainwashing her to listen to Mika all day. I even changed the cd in her car's cd-player to TBHKTM :roftl: And soon she'll be like :mf_lustslow:

Yeah, based on the weather (and the fact that Mika doesn't seem to be as crazy-popular in Sweden as he is in, say, France), I don't think there's any need to queue terribly early. Just a couple hours before the doors open should hopefully be good. At -6 for a daytime high, if we tried to queue for too long we'd all be frozen by the time the doors opened! :aah:

I had a discussion with my brother today about that. (He'll come with me to the Wiesbaden gig.) We were checking if the venue (about 1.800 capacity) was sold out yet and it is not. I couldn't believe it and asked my brother what his thoughts were about it and he just said: "Well, as it seems, Mika doesn't really have a lot of media coverage over here. Nobody knows he has a second album out."

I was like " :shocked: Whaaat?? But he served all those radio stations with extra special secret gigs!! I just recently watched one of them on tv!"

And he: "What secret gigs?"

And I: "In Munich and then in Baden-Baden for SWR3?!"

And he: "Obviously those gigs were a bit too secret, then. And broadcasted in those niche channels..."

And I: :blink:

It's really strange. I do want him to do well and be known and loved by everyone. But then I think if it was like that we'd never get those below 2.000 capacity venues. Am I a bad fan? Probably. I can't help it. :dunno:

I really do want him to do well.

It makes much more sense, I think, to spend the day somewhere warm, and arrive at the venue later. Below-freezing temperatures are not ideal for sitting on a sidewalk. :naughty:

I always say I won't queue and then I end up queueing. Thanks to Mr Violet not only being up for it but encouraging me to do so :roftl:

But this time I'm dead serious. Below zero is a knock-out criterion there.

I'm so excited to visit Stockholm! I'm there for two days after the gig to do some sightseeing. Hopefully it's warm enough to walk around without totally freezing.

I'm really looking forward to it, too. Doing it in March doesn't seem sensible :roftl: but it's not like I have much of a choice, is it? :naughty:

Got one and a half day after the gig, too. (Need to be home in time for the next gig :roftl:)

The bus is free and I think it leaves from outside of Gallerian, a shopping mall in central Sthlm. It's a bit hard to explain but here's a map. http://maps.google.se/maps?q=regeringsgatan+13&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Regeringsgatan+13,+111+53&gl=se&ei=FjSRS7yZCJKTjAffmaD_Cg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

Sorry Sienna for interupting but I've taken that bus a few times so I felt like sharing :)

Thanks! I'm not good at buses!:naughty:

<-- won't queue in the crazy cold weather :no:

No it's impossible, to be outdoors you have to move all the time or you will freeze!:wink2:

sitting on a sidewalk. :naughty:

You are coming in the wrong season, blame it on Mika!:aah:

The best way to see Stockholm is by boat but that's not an option now I'm afraid. The whole city is build in islands and we have the most beautiful archipelago, thousand of small an big islands.

Yep, for the real Mika fans AND their mothers, right? I'm bringing my mom there and I just started brainwashing her to listen to Mika all day. I even changed the cd in her car's cd-player to TBHKTM :roftl: And soon she'll be like :mf_lustslow:

That's the spirit, I'm sure your mother will like his show!:thumb_yello:

I got a call today telling me that my train tickets from gothenburg to stockholm and back are cancelled... seriously this waethe is irritating me quite a bit. :sneaky2:

I got a call today telling me that my train tickets from gothenburg to stockholm and back are cancelled... seriously this waethe is irritating me quite a bit. :sneaky2:

Oh no! Do you have another way of getting to Stockholm?

Also, can anyone tell me if there's any significant snow on the ground in Stockholm right now? Or if you're expecting any between now and the gig?

I'm starting to pack, and have no idea what to wear. :blush-anim-cl:

Also, can anyone tell me if there's any significant snow on the ground in Stockholm right now? Or if you're expecting any between now and the gig?

We have a HUGE amount of snow in Helsinki, so I guess there must be something in Stockholm too? And my husband is in Oslo today, so I will ask him about that, but it might be too late for your packing?

Really can't wait these Scandinavia gigs!!!! :biggrin2:

Have you found out an alternative route? If not I would recommend taking a bus (http://www.swebusexpress.se). Unfortunately it takes around 7 hours but it only costs around 200-300 sek.

Or else you could always take an airplane but that costs right under 1000 sek I thing.

There is quite a large amount of snow here so I would advice you to bring warm clothes. According to the weather it will be around -10 to +3 degrees. It can feel warm in the sun during the day but it always becomes chilly later.

Really can't wait these Scandinavia gigs!!!! :biggrin2:

Too bad Mika is not coming to Finland :sneaky2: I'm actually pretty angry at him 'cause of that... I'm sure that he would have got atleast 1000 people or something to one gig in Helsinki.

Anyway, I've been in Stockholm like 10 times but I always just go shopping 'cause I have only like 6 hours there and now I'm going to be overnight so... Is there anything fun to do besides shopping or natural history museum?

Too bad Mika is not coming to Finland :sneaky2: I'm actually pretty angry at him 'cause of that... I'm sure that he would have got atleast 1000 people or something to one gig in Helsinki.

Maybe 1000 is not enough? But Rufus is coming to Finland again, maybe Mika will come too, some day...

Actually, I feel more comfortable abroad, I can be as fangurly as I want to :teehee: Just joking :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by tiibet

Hey guys! went to the train thingy and got myself a replacement ticket xD the train goes like 6 minutes later so it's all good! :naughty: And yeah I wouöd think that it's snow there since there's still snow in gothenburg.:boxed:

Yes there is snow.

These last days we have had sunshine and some degrees above zero and the snow is starting to melt. That means lots of water on the ground daytime and ice at nights. Not pleasant at all!:aah:

It's really dirty on the streets right now with the melting snow and lots of sand.

We are expecting a little more snow Friday, it can be rain though...

So, warm clothes and shoes made for snow, and don't forget mittens!:wink2:

All Swedish people are really tired of snow and winter now :sneaky2: and only waiting for the spring!

Yes there is snow.

These last days we have had sunshine and some degrees above zero and the snow is starting to melt. That means lots of water on the ground daytime and ice at nights. Not pleasant at all!:aah:

It's really dirty on the streets right now with the melting snow and lots of sand.

We are expecting a little more snow Friday, it can be rain though...

So, warm clothes and shoes made for snow, and don't forget mittens!:wink2:

All Swedish people are really tired of snow and winter now :sneaky2: and only waiting for the spring!

Indeed :sneaky2:

Not only the Swedish! :no:

Secretly I hope that when I get back from Stockholm, home will feel a tad more like spring :teehee:

I'm really looking forward to seeing you again, sienna!! :huglove:

Not only the Swedish! :no:

Secretly I hope that when I get back from Stockholm, home will feel a tad more like spring :teehee:

I'm really looking forward to seeing you again, sienna!! :huglove:

I'm looking forward to see you too!:wub2:

It's been a long time since Berlin!

I would think you have better chance to get an early spring in your country, we use to celebrate Valborgsmässoafton 30 April still in our winter-coats! :boxed:

Last Monday we had snow again in Dutchland. It lasted for only one day, but still. :sneaky2:

We're sick of wintertime too here. It has been sunny for the last two days, but still cold (+2 and down to -7 at night even). Same range of temperatures as Stockholm I guess.

Oh well. It's my own fault. I should choose warmer destinations. :naughty:

Last Monday we had snow again in Dutchland. It lasted for only one day, but still. :sneaky2:

We're sick of wintertime too here. It has been sunny for the last two days, but still cold (+2 and down to -7 at night even). Same range of temperatures as Stockholm I guess.

Oh well. It's my own fault. I should choose warmer destinations. :naughty:

:roftl:Yeah you should! But then you wouldn't meet the wonderful Swedish people! :biggrin2:

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!! :mf_lustslow:

Guess what guys! I've found out who's going to be the starting act. It seems that it'll be a swedish artist namned Ola Joyce http://www.myspace.com/olajoyce

The concert isn't up on his calendar but he tweeted it last week so I would guess it's a last minute decision. He sounds pretty okey, I think, but he is of course only a "supporting act" :wink2:

Guess what guys! I've found out who's going to be the starting act. It seems that it'll be a swedish artist namned Ola Joyce http://www.myspace.com/olajoyce

The concert isn't up on his calendar but he tweeted it last week so I would guess it's a last minute decision. He sounds pretty okey, I think, but he is of course only a "supporting act" :wink2:

Thanks for the information!! :thumb_yello: Awww, I wish erik was there, he is Swedish after all! But hope this on is okay...