Alphabeat was the best of them. :wub2:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they won't, we'll collect them from the box office. :mf_rosetinted:

Alphabeat was the best of them. :wub2:

I wasn't to excited about any of them... I don't even remember which one I liked the best :naughty: I remember yelle quite vividly, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :roftl:

I don't think Erik Hassle will support his EU tour either, only the UK tour. I'm hoping for something good. I did like alphabeat last time and I think that for most times he has good support act. I've been searching but I cant find anything about it.

I just got some kind of delivery notification that I have to go to my local post office and pick up my ticket there. I just hope it looks pretty and not like the normal ticnet ticket because I spent stupidly more money on that than just buying it here, acctually aroung 10 pounds more :boxed:

Ahhh!!! Do you know what I just realised? Only 22 days left :biggrin2:

torsdag is thursday and ståplats is standing place, not strange at all :)

But so cute! pippi-langstrumpf_gr_face0_normal.jpg

:roftl:

Can I join? :blush-anim-cl:

Today I got a ticket telling me I have a ståplats to see Mika on torsdag 18 mars 2010. :naughty:

What a nice coincidence! And on torsdag, too! :wub2:

May I ask the locals for a not-to-miss list? Is Stockholm good for museum-ing? Architectural highlights? Cute corners?

But so cute! pippi-langstrumpf_gr_face0_normal.jpg

:roftl:

What a nice coincidence! And on torsdag, too! :wub2:

May I ask the locals for a not-to-miss list? Is Stockholm good for museum-ing? Architectural highlights? Cute corners?

If you're interested in history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_%28ship%29

Picture: http://www.aidan.info/images/hsr/sweden_vasa_2007oct19.jpg

When I was little we could follow on TV when they pulled the ship out of the see!

It's a great museum!

And maybe this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Medieval_Stockholm

When they were about to build a parking house for the government they found the old city wall and turned the whole thing into a museum.

:wink2:

Ah, the Vasa ship! Isn't the name of the knäckebröd related to the name of the ship? Vasa is the name of the Swedish royal house too, isn't it? I visited the Vasa back in '88 when I was in Sweden for the first time. Ages ago. :wink2:

This might be nice if you're interested in Stieg Larsson's books: http://librarian.lishost.org/?p=2332

Or maybe a visit to the biggest IKEA in the world: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikea_Kungens_kurva :naughty:

Thank you for all the suggestions Sienna! We will be there for 3 full days so that means we have at least 2 days left for playing the tourist. :naughty:

Edited by Blue

It's hard to come up with things to do in your own hometown if you were to come there as a tourist. But as mentioned, the Vasa museum is a very popular attraction for tourists, and swedish familys.

With this weather, stockholm isn't as pretty as usual but I think that it's always kinda cosy to walk around in a island in the middle of stockholm known as Gamla stan. It means old town. It's the same island as the royal palace and they have a lot of old beautiful houses and narrow alleys. This is also known to many tourists so it has been a little exploited with a lot of souvernir shops. Here's how it can look: http://images.google.se/images?q=gamla%20stan&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=sv&tab=wi

They have also inaugurated a skywiew on the globe (the big white golf ball looking arena next to the venue where Mika will sing) and from there they say that you'll have a complete wiew over stockholm. I have not been on it yet, nor do I know anybody who has but it could maybe be fun if you are here on vaccation. Like the London eye perhaps. http://www.globearenas.se/sv/skyview.aspx

Then there is a a wearhouse called NK, they put beautiful christmas decorations every winter but they have already taken them down. But they have a lot of pretty clothes, shoes, perfumes and thing for the home. Some a bit to expensive but inspirational to whatch :)

Yes I'm coming. :naughty:

I have the ticket, the flight and the accommodation (very central, nice!). The only thing left to sort out is public transport to the venue & Ikea. :naughty:

It's cold out there at the moment, isn't it? :teehee:

I have the ticket, the flight and the accommodation (very central, nice!). The only thing left to sort out is public transport to the venue & Ikea. :naughty:

Ditto. :biggrin2:

Same here, I need to spent some time looking at public transport maps and such.

And yes, it looks like it's been cold! Overnight lows of -10 to -15C?!

Seriously, I live on the Canadian prairie and yet plan a trip to what must be the one civilized corner of the planet that's actually colder than where I live. :aah::roftl:

Same here, I need to spent some time looking at public transport maps and such.

And yes, it looks like it's been cold! Overnight lows of -10 to -15C?!

Seriously, I live on the Canadian prairie and yet plan a trip to what must be the one civilized corner of the planet that's actually colder than where I live. :aah::roftl:

It's not so cold at the moment, -6 degrees tonight, but we have longer days now and the sun is doing good, if it shows!:naughty:

Lots of snow though, more than we have had in ages!

But with a little luck maybe some of it will go away before the 18th.:wink2:

To the venue, take the tube, Green Line, station Globen.

There is a big mall next to the venue, convenient for food and to get warmed up.

To IKEA, take the tube, Red Line, station Skärholmen. A 10 minutes walk under the free-way from there.

Skärholmens Centrum is one of the biggest shopping centres in Sweden, prices are okay, hundreds of shops, that is where ordinary people do their shopping! :biggrin2:

There is a bus too, going from Stockholms city direct to IKEA, but I'm not sure where it starts from, I can find out more about it if someone is interested.

Edited by sienna