Mika's New Album - My Opinion

bulldog

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. I think your view was shared by a lot of music critics at the time.

I think if he had been a "manufactured" singer, that might have been his fate. But he is such a superb live performer that as more people got to see him, and bought his album, and told their friends about him, and they went to see him too, he has gone on gathering fans like a snowball starting an avalanche.

I just wish he had been around ten years earlier :das:

And don't worry, you are safe from the death squad :ninja:

And as you sneaked this bit in:

I will now also use all my endeavours to avoid going to the Australian Mika concert. I can imagine me turning up to the concert, the only middle-aged, balding guy wearing bifocals, cardy and comfy slippers bopping to 'Blame it on the Girls'. and swaying to 'Blue Eyes'. You guys will pick me straight away. I can hear the cry going up now. "That's him!" "That's the dude who said Mika was going to be a 'One Hit Wonder!'" "Let's Get Him!" "Let's super glue a pair of headphones to his skull and set an iPod on perpetual repeat of 'Life in Cartoon Motion' OMG!!! I couldn't stand it! What torture!!!

I can assure you that I have seen plenty of middle-aged balding men bopping away at UK Mika concerts :naughty:

Don't worry bulldog, I refused to listen to the first album for weeks because I was so hung up on the one hit of the one-hit-wonder. :teehee:

As Silver mentioned it was his live performance that caught my attention and made me give the songs a proper listen.

I didn't leave her without it. I would have been torn limb from limb! So we now have 2 copies of the album.

You had to buy 2 copies of the album because you liked it so much and you still don't think you're mikafied:roftl:

Mika is addictive....... I don't know what it is that makes him that way... but he has it..!!

Please go to a show... you won't regret it. In another post you mentioned how Mika doesn't lip sync..!! It's one of the things I admire most. he sounds the same live as he does on his albums....actually.. imo.. I think he's better live if he has a good crowd going. You will enjoy... and your wife will be ecstatic!!!

I hope you keep posting.. I look forward to your gig review!!!!:biggrin2:

p.s. there's nothing wrong with cardies...mika wears them all of the time.. you'll fit right in:naughty:

P.S. I don't care what you guys think. I am not hooked...

Hmmm!

Me thinks thou protests too much.

I apologize - sort of - but I couldn't resist as you are a "two" TBWKTM CD Family!

His latest album has garnered record pre-release sales, and is now on the top of world wide charts. In addition you guys have this fan club going populated by a bunch of dedicated, FAN-atics highly trained in the Mika based martial art of 'Mika-Jitsu' .

The future looks bright... :thumb_yello:

I love the "Mika-Jitsu" comment! Hahaha!

If you were inclined to watch a couple of Mika live performances at youtube I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how good of a singer Mika is especially with less accompaniment.

He does have "it" as well.

The energy he receives, creates, magnifies & reflects in the space where he performs is absolutley tangible & amazing!

I know you as a music lover must have experienced that at some concerts.