Freddie Mercury Comparison Quantified

MBroekhuijsen

I was reading this cracked article on Freddie Mercury today (lots of... adult language, it IS a humor site after all - consider yourself warned) and at the end they compiled a chart of people who have been compared to Freddie Mercury. They included: why they've been compared, how they're similar, and a "verdict."

I thought Mika might pop up on the list, and, preparing for the worst, was actually happy with the comparison they gave him! I thought they'd rip him apart, but it's favorable comparison, without accusing him of being a Mercury copy cat.

Mika's an incredible artist in his own right, and while I know everyone gets a little tired of the comparison, it's still quite an honor to be even considered somewhat comparable to Mercury's magic!

So i just thought this was an interesting read. Here's a screenshot of the first part of that chart (Mika got the highest similarity rating (4 out of 5 mustaches :roftl:) out of everyone on the chart) I was was talking about.

Enjoy!

Screenshot2009-10-13at43220PM.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhhh god! Reminds me of this... A Guns N Roses member (Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal):

From an email abut WAG (know cos i have contact with him)

Nice song! Mika has a beautiful theatrical voice, so melodic and uplifting :) Thanks for sending!

Ron

And.....

http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/200807-sputnikmusic-2007top10/200801-sputnikmusic-2007top10.htm

Ron Thal's Top Albums Of 2007

Sputnikmusic contacted Ron Thal (Guns 'N Roses) to pick his brain and ask for his top albums of 2007. His answers - along with many of his colleagues' submissions - will be featured in an artists' retrospective staff feature shortly.

1. Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion

"Some cool Freddie Mercury moments..."

ha. Thanks you guys. No problem. Yeah, i was pretty happy that they were favorable to him, cause many aren't :sneaky2:

And DarkAngel (sorry, I lurk around here enough I should really know everyone's names by now!) I like that quote that you shared. Gotta love it when other famous people can recognize and appreciate Mika's genius! :biggrin2: