Deep Conversations Thread

findingmywords

A place to talk about life, and everything in it. We can find out how amazing each and every one of us are. And to get in touch with ourselves. To talk about mental and spiritual things. Overall, just to wonder out loud. To speculate about the world and life and ask questions. To look past every surface.

*Cheese warning: This thread may contain cheesiness (I guess it would be considered cheesiness?)*

We can tell experiences where we've had deep conversations with someone and start topics. We can talk about who we are, and what it means to be ourselves.

For example, do you think we're meant to be a certain person? When people talk about who they are, they mostly just describe themselves as outgoing, kind, friendly, artistic, etc. But so many things influence us and shape us, such as music and books and culture. But who are we really? Is it just our influences that make us who we are, or (this is cheesy) is our soul meant to be a certain way?

Some things might be hard to explain or describe in words haha.

Random starters:

Afterlife

Meaning of Life/why we're here

The universe/space. Is there anything else out there?

Dreams when you sleep

Your dream in life

Instinct. How sometimes you know that something is going to happen. You can't describe it, but you just know it.

Weird moods. Moods that you can't describe, they're just there haha.

I'm kind of at a loss of topics here haha.

Question for you:

How would you describe yourself?

Just think about yourself for a second and who you are. What do you feel? Instead of describing in adjectives, what do you feel when you think of yourself?

When I think of who I am, I kind of feel a very calm feeling, and I feel lots of love. I feel a strong pull and a strong feeling of love towards random people and towards friends and acquaintances. I just want to get to know everyone in the world, inside and out. What their dreams are and what they think about life.

I hope I don't sound like some weird hippie lady haha. I hope we have some great conversations though!

:huglove:

Edited by findingmywords

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a deep conversation.

Everytime I run off on some wild Mika adventure I come back thinking, the secret to life is love.

Not love as in, OMG you're my soulmate, but love as in, a genuine caring for the light in every person you meet and every experience you have. :wub2:

How's THAT for weird hippy person-ness. :blush-anim-cl:

:clap: YAY! Haha, yay! Cool :naughty:

SO! What do you guys think?

:teehee: Who do you think you are?

And you know how we like things, when we hear a song and we like it. When we hear Mika, it pleases our ears and our tastes. Why does that happen? Haha.

Its not a physical thing that happens when we like something, we just know. We just get a feeling when we like something. Is it our influences?

Crazy haha.

Everytime I run off on some wild Mika adventure I come back thinking, the secret to life is love.

Not love as in, OMG you're my soulmate, but love as in, a genuine caring for the light in every person you meet and every experience you have. :wub2:

That's so cute! :fangurl:

I want to talk about a dream i had the other night.

I was in the bath tub and a big tarantula spider was crawling around, and i would inch away from it and it would inch closer, and it was so scary, so finally i took my towel and smushed it against the wall (ickickickick!) and just ran out of the bathroom and kept running and running and runnning....

what on earth does it mean?:roftl:

:lol3: That is GREAT for weird hippy person-ness.

That's so crazy. I completely get what you mean though. And I do think the secret to life is love. Love just connects us with everything.

I don't know what else to say to add on haha. But I get what you mean :wink2:

:lol3: That is GREAT for weird hippy person-ness.

That's so crazy. I completely get what you mean though. And I do think the secret to life is love. Love just connects us with everything.

I don't know what else to say to add on haha. But I get what you mean :wink2:

Yes, and this goes along with the whole money can't buy you happiness thing.

Money can't buy TRUE happiness at least. I think that TRUE happiness must be love.

That's so cute! :fangurl:

I want to talk about a dream i had the other night.

I was in the bath tub and a big tarantula spider was crawling around, and i would inch away from it and it would inch closer, and it was so scary, so finally i took my towel and smushed it against the wall (ickickickick!) and just ran out of the bathroom and kept running and running and runnning....

what on earth does it mean?:roftl:

Maybe it means that you're trying to fight something back, trying to get away from something, but it keep coming back at you. And maybe the fact that you squished it means that you might overcome whatever you're trying to fight!

Hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a senior in high school so i'm in the middle of college apps, and I think this line from one of my essays describes me pretty well: "When I was little, I thought a 'knower of everything' was a profession, and I was sure I would be one when I grew up."

I thrive on the unknown and solving puzzles/mysteries, but even more than that I am in awe of the sheer amount of information our world contains. And to go even further, it's upsetting how some people take this for granted and just study to ace a test and not to learn. Even if I dont particularly enjoy a subject, I try my best to enjoy the learning process

I hope I'm not making myself out to sound condescending or obsessed with being smart, because that's not it... I guess what I'm trying to say can be summarized by this excerpt from Ulysses by Tennyson (probably my favorite poem of all times... go read it!!):

"Come, my friends,

‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.

To follow knowledge like a sinking star,

Beyond the utmost bound of human thought."

The idea of endless bounds. The idea that there's always something more out there. The idea that we are all detectives trying to make sense of this mass of complexity surrounding us. This is what inspires me :)

I'm a senior in high school so i'm in the middle of college apps, and I think this line from one of my essays describes me pretty well: "When I was little, I thought a 'knower of everything' was a profession, and I was sure I would be one when I grew up."

I thrive on the unknown and solving puzzles/mysteries, but even more than that I am in awe of the sheer amount of information our world contains. And to go even further, it's upsetting how some people take this for granted and just study to ace a test and not to learn. Even if I dont particularly enjoy a subject, I try my best to enjoy the learning process

I hope I'm not making myself out to sound condescending or obsessed with being smart, because that's not it... I guess what I'm trying to say can be summarized by this excerpt from Ulysses by Tennyson (probably my favorite poem of all times... go read it!!):

"Come, my friends,

‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.

To follow knowledge like a sinking star,

Beyond the utmost bound of human thought."

The idea of endless bounds. The idea that there's always something more out there. The idea that we are all detectives trying to make sense of this mass of complexity surrounding us. This is what inspires me :)

That is fantastic, I also think that the amount of everything, of knowledge, is just unbelievable. I think that's great! I love hearing about what inspires you.

For me I think it is a bit less about knowledge. I don't care if I know things exactly; I'm a pretty nieve person. I just love to wonder and speculate, what inspires me is the process of wondering, thinking about all the possibilites. The answer and outcome doesn't matter as much to me, I just love thinking about everything. In a way I think I also thrive on the unknown.

However, I do love just learning random facts about the world, whether it be random statistics or amazing, crazy facts. Learning is so great. I'm sad to say that I only want to learn the things that I'm interested in. I wish I had open arms to learning everything, but there are certain things that I focus on, and if it doesn't interest me, I just can't learn it as well. That's a great trait that you have, about learning it even if it doesn't interest you. I wish I had that haha.

And I love what you said here: "The idea that we are all detectives trying to make sense of this mass of complexity surrounding us". I think it sums up many of my thoughts haha.

I am also a senior in high school! :) What are you thinking of studying in college?

Questions to anyone:

You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?

Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end WORLD hunger?

If you were guaranteed honest responses to any three questions, who would you question and what would you ask?

Would you rather be happy yet slow-witted and unimaginative or unhappy yet bright and creative? For example, would you rather live the life of a brilliant yet tortured artist such as Vincent Van Gogh, or that of a happy but carefree soul who is a bit simple-minded?

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

I shouldn't answer this at 5:30 in the morning without having had any sleep, but probably my answers will be more what I feel anyways. :teehee: Or just plain bull**** made out of a lack of sleep.

Questions to anyone:

You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?

I think that I would be afraid. I would freak out completely, or take it very calmly and stay calm. I don't think that I would tell anyone, I can't imagine telling someone "I am going to die in one month.". I would make a list of the craziest things I ever wanted to do, and try to complete the list. Or just live on the way I am living everyday.

Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end WORLD hunger?

I don't think so. But I would only know that if I were in such situation.

If you were guaranteed honest responses to any three questions, who would you question and what would you ask?

I would ask God why he cared about people.

I would ask my two closest friends if they really cared or if they ever lied to me.

Would you rather be happy yet slow-witted and unimaginative or unhappy yet bright and creative? For example, would you rather live the life of a brilliant yet tortured artist such as Vincent Van Gogh, or that of a happy but carefree soul who is a bit simple-minded?

I've had my share of unhappiness. I would rather be happy.

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

My toenails. :mf_rosetinted: I can't imagine life without them.

No, seriously: I don't think I would be able to give up my smile. I never smiled a lot, but sometimes I do smile, a real smile that brightens my whole face, and even if I look like an idiot then, I feel so good and I feel like I'm the prettiest person in the world. I wouldn't want to lose that feeling, because for me that's almost complete happiness.

Just think about yourself for a second and who you are. What do you feel? Instead of describing in adjectives, what do you feel when you think of yourself?

When I think of myself, I mostly feel disgust, and fear. But also a little pride, sadness, and a little little bit of love. I feel pain and the desire of being loved. Not as in having sex, but just being loved, as in having someone who cares about you. And maybe I see a little bit of happiness smiling at me teasingly.

Disgust because I am not perfect.

Fear because I want to be perfect but I know I never will. Because I might throw my life away some day. Because I might not. Because there are so many feelings inside of me and they have no name and I don't know what they are.

Pride because I survived and am surviving.

Sadness because that settled in my heart and won't go away no matter what.

Love because I may not be perfect but I am content with being me sometimes.

Pain because I have felt pain, mostly physical, and I want to remember even though I want to forget.

The desire of being loved because I want a shoulder to cry on when I need it, because I want someone saying everything will be alright, saying that I am beautiful even when I just woke up after crying for hours.

Happiness because I have some left and am pulling it back into my heart.

Edited by Shikutukumimika

Just a quick post to say that I love this thread and I really want to make a post to encourage this kind of threads, there should be more of them! I'm sorry I can't contribute at the moment but I'll be back!:wink2:

Lovely reading in here!:thumb_yello:

That is the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time, maybe ever.

I completely agree. I began to tear up as I read it.

Shikutukumimika and riverstwilight, I love reading about you guys.

I'm going to try to read everything people post in this thread and not skip over anything, so just know that if you think no one's listening, I will try to be.

I absolutely love all your guyses answers. You're all so amazing, imperfections and all.

And about this question: Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end WORLD hunger?

Hundreds of innocent people die EVERY DAY because of hunger. When I thought of that, it turned on a whole different perspective.

More:

Why do you do what you do? Don't think on the surface, really think of why you do what you do.

Think about how much you do for others. And think about these actions of kindness, think about where they really come from. Do they really come from wanting to help someone? Or do they come out of selfishness, out of the personal gratification you get out of it?

This is kind of cool. To kind of realize how little we are in a huge universe:

Close your eyes. Imagine that you are floating up out of your body and rise up through the ceiling, through the roof of your building, and continue to rise up over your neighbourhood. As you go up you can see further and further. You see your town or city, you rise higher and can see your state or county, you rise higher and can see your country, you keep going higher and you can see the planet Earth receding below you as you travel far, far away. Deeper and deeper into space. See if you can travel into infinity. Keep going. Can you find the edge of the Universe? Reach a point where you feel comfortable to pause there in deep space, trillions of light years from The Earth. Begin to think about your life and about human life from this perspective, so very far away, so very far removed from emotional issues.

One more thing!!!!

I was talking to a few of my friends about a month ago, and we were having deep conversations. A few of the girls started saying that when they stare at theirselves in the mirror for a long period of time (Not directly at themselves, but at a spot next to them) , they start to have an out of body experience because it feels like they're looking at a different person. I have tried this, but it doesn't work if you're thinking too much about it. I haven't had it happen yet, but it sounds crazy. It might provoke some thought, so you guys should try it! Apparently it feels like you're disconnected from your body, like you're looking at a random stranger, not yourself.

This thread is really wonderful. I just wanted to reply to this, Mana, because having met you at the gig, it's so clear that you really do care about every person, even ones you have just met (like me :naughty:). I love it. Y'all all, not just Mika, made that day so freaking WONDERFUL, and I will never forget it.

And, about whether I would murder someone innocent to end world hunger... Hmm. Spock says "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" (I watched Wrath of Khan yesterday with my friend :naughty:), but putting it into practice would be a whole different thing. I would agree to the idea in theory, but I don't think I could actually do it. Also, there's the question of overpopulation. Is world hunger, despite the staggering loss of life, necessary so that the rest of the population can live with the resources that we have?

I guess I could describe myself as someone who gets REALLY annoyed when they can't understand something. It really really bugs me when things confuse me or I can't find an answer. The fact that the poles change direction under the ocean really, really annoys me because no one can tell me why - I don't think even the the scientists who noticed it did could tell me, but still it really irritates me.

I'm not really a people person and will choose silence over sound any day (unless of course it is music, especially mika). I hate it when people touch me and I struggle to understand how they feel sometimes, so I'm pretty inward, which is hard sometimes when I need to talk.

If I was going to decribe myself in one word it would be quiet. I believe that if don't talk much people will listen to you more when you do say something.

Well, first off, part of me doesn't even believe that we are here. And if humans do exist in the first place, everyone around me still might not be real. I know that I exist, but no one else can prove to me that they exist - everyone else might be in my imagination.

And as for whether I exist, I can prove that no one does - including myself.

First you have to accept that there are infinte number of planets because there are infinte number of stars. We only know of one planet with life on it (Earth), so you divide 1(the number of planets we know that support life) by infinte(the number of planets). And you get 0.0000000000' Which means there aren't any planets with life on. So, we pretty much don't exist!!!!

This actually scares a few of my friends, which I don't quite understand, even if I say we don't exist it doesn't change anythign, because I'm not that important.

I must say I agree with that 100% :wub2:

I'm going to post a quick thought on something I read because I'm in a hurry:

Punkie Penguin's post: "Well, first off, part of me doesn't even believe that we are here. And if humans do exist in the first place, everyone around me still might not be real. I know that I exist, but no one else can prove to me that they exist - everyone else might be in my imagination"

I totally understand what you mean. I have thought those exact thoughts haha. That's so crazy! And I'm sure many other peopel think about that too...

Also, sometimes I'm just sitting in my room and thinking, "What is this? We're people? We have fingers? We're actually living in time, in a world where we breathe and speak?" I can go on and on, but its just mindblowing. And all we know is what we see/hear/experience. We know that we're alive, but what if we're each in our own little world, in our own little dimension? But then there are things that prove us wrong... but then again I think something that brings me back to square 1. Like what Pinkie Penguin said, I know I exist, but I can't prove that others do.

But we still feel emotions and feel our hand touch someone else... and that's real enough.

And also, kind of random, but you know how when you have a dream that has random people whom you've never seen before in your life? I've thought that what if they're actually a real person somewhere in the world right now... or a person who has lived in the world before. And when people who you know their name and you know who they are, but aren't their friend and they randomly pop into your dream.. thats crazy too haha.

Gah! I have to go haha :bye:

That is the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time, maybe ever.

I agree :wub2:

Thinking about the universe and space, I always have this thought that like maybe we are all dolls are this is some dollhouse or something...and some little kid is in their room controlling us :naughty: I don't think thats actually whats happening but wouldn't that be so weird? :aah:

Its really interesting to think about....

But some times its scary to think how big everything is..

Dreams when you sleep

I love dreams :teehee::wub2: