Deep Conversations Thread

findingmywords

Alright so here's a sort of random question that I was thinking about the other day actually, and it SORTA fits in for this...

In one of my classes in college, we were asked to put our traditional 5 senses (vision, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) in order of least imporant to most important. This took a lot of thinking, and this is what I came up with for myself...

least important to me...

5. TASTE - to me, if I HAD to part with one sense, this one always tops my list. The ability to taste to me is a luxury that I could do without.

4. SMELL - as much as I enjoy the wonderful smells in life, this too seems like a luxury that I could do without

The next three are the hard ones that people often argue about...

3. SIGHT - Many people would put this at the top of their list for the most important sense. After all, with all of the beautiful things in this world and books to read and movies to watch and people to see, this sense would be hard to part with.

2. TOUCH - I put this sense before sight because to me, the ability to touch and feel is a truly beautiful sense. I think it surpasses sight because it conveys stronger messages than sight. Given the option of seeing something beautiful like the ocean or feeling the sand between my toes and the water rushing against my feet, I would definitely choose feeling it. Also, I think your imagination could make up for what you aren’t seeing, and what you imagine may be more beautiful than what you may have been able to see.

1. HEARING - Above all, hearing is the most imporant sense for me. It was a close call with touch, and sometimes I flip-flop on them. But for me, I think I would feel isolated if I lost my hearing. I can't imagine a completely silent world for the rest of my life. Not to mention, I couldn't enjoy the pleasure of music, which is really important to me. Some people say they would rather lose their vision than their hearing, but I think losing hearing would be so much more frustrating when it comes to trying to even communicate with people.

anyways, I pray that I never have to lose any of my senses and I pray that anyone who may be suffering from losing any of the 5 senses may be cured one day. But I definately find it interesting to see how other people respond to this question, so please feel free to do so :cheerful_h4h:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so here's a sort of random question that I was thinking about the other day actually, and it SORTA fits in for this...

In one of my classes in college, we were asked to put our traditional 5 senses (vision, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) in order of least imporant to most important. This took a lot of thinking, and this is what I came up with for myself.................

1. HEARING - Above all, hearing is the most imporant sense for me. It was a close call with touch, and sometimes I flip-flop on them. But for me, I think I would feel isolated if I lost my hearing. I can't imagine a completely silent world for the rest of my life. Not to mention, I couldn't enjoy the pleasure of music, which is really important to me. Some people say they would rather lose their vision than their hearing, but I think losing hearing would be so much more frustrating when it comes to trying to even communicate with people.

anyways, I pray that I never have to lose any of my senses and I pray that anyone who may be suffering from losing any of the 5 senses may be cured one day. But I definately find it interesting to see how other people respond to this question, so please feel free to do so :cheerful_h4h:

I agree and yeah loosing music, I think, would be really hard...especially loosing mika's voice :blush-anim-cl:

hmm if I was going to list them from least important to most...

5) Smell

4) Taste

3) Hearing

2) Touch

1) Sight

Hearing, Touch and Sight are really hard to choose from :bleh:

Touch is vital to survival, not only for pain avoidance, but also for enjoyment. Babies who are not touched die because of it. People who are not touched can be sick both mentally and physically.

That's a REALLY good point, and that was deep too, lol. Hence why I flip-flop between hearing and touch.

btw I love reading your answers for things. you always put a lot of thought into your responses and I like when people give me new ways to think about things :thumb_yello:

Wow, brilliant, brilliant thread. If there was a favourite button, I'd click it. :wub2:I miss deep conversations; I get too busy to have them very often any more. My head is reeling from all of these amazing philosophical answers. I'm kind of fuzzy from the tail end of a flu, plus it's late, so I won't amaze you with my incredible ideas just yet :naughty:

One that I found particularly interesting, though, was the senses one:

The least important one to me would be taste. I know a woman who lost her taste when she went through menopause; she says she can still appreciate food through its texture and feel. Even though she can't taste it, she's still addicted to chocolate. :naughty:

Smell usually goes hand-in-hand with taste; however, here I'd put sight. Yes, being able to see the natural world is a privilege nobody should be denied. The beauty of the world is constantly taking my breath away, and I appreciate every bit of it. But I was thinking the other day...vision is the cause of much of the world's superficiality. Without it, there'd be no racial discrimination, no ridiculous pressure on the world's women to be anorexic, no judgement for looking 'different'...sight is a gift, but we abuse it. The true beauty of the world is what lies beneath.

Next comes smell. I'd hate to have to lose it--soaking up the scent of someone you hold dear is one of the most comforting feelings in the world. But the next two are indisputably more important to me, so...

This was the hardest bit. I'm a singer. It's the thing I love to do the most; the only thing that never became a chore. I've had a cough for a few days and can't sing, and it's making me panicky. I live for music; I write my own, I play other people's, and I listen constantly. I always say I can't live without it. So whenever I considered this question before, hearing always won hands down.

But then I thought of it this way: imagine living in a world where all you have is your ears. You can hear the voices of all the people around you, hear their footsteps, their every movement. You can hear how close they are to you, and hear every word they say. But if someone says 'I love you' to you, how are they to prove it? You can't feel the sincerity of their embrace. You'd be living in a constant cloud of doubt and disconnect.

This is why I put touch first. Words and actions can lie, but underneath it all, your body is a vessel of truth--hence lie detectors. My stance on this would probably have been different before I got into the relationship I'm in now (my first), but I know now that there is nothing comparable to someone kissing away your tears or stroking your hair until you fall asleep. There are no words for that. That's not 'I love you' or 'I'm sorry'. That's proof.

And then there's sex...it's the only biological need that revolves around a sense. (Tasting your food is a part of eating, but you don't have to taste to feel full and satisfied.) Human beings are one of two creatures (the others being dolphins) that have sex for pleasure; taking that away would somewhat flatten our identity.

There are ways to communicate through touch alone; Hellen Keller is a prime example. There was also a movie I saw a while ago that was about a renowned DJ who went deaf and relearned his art through sensing the vibrations of his music.

And therefore, I put touch as first and foremost.

Edited by englishrose

I guess I could describe myself as someone who gets REALLY annoyed when they can't understand something. It really really bugs me when things confuse me or I can't find an answer. The fact that the poles change direction under the ocean really, really annoys me because no one can tell me why - I don't think even the the scientists who noticed it did could tell me, but still it really irritates me.

I'm sorry, I haven't read the rest of your post, but isn't it because the north and south magnetic poles change direction? The magnetic field around the earth dissolves, and then reforms in the opposite polarity (ie, the south pole is now the magnetic north pole, and the north pole is now the magnetic south pole). Then, when the metal components of the ocean floor are deposited, they line up according to the current polarity.

(Sorry for the bad explanation of something I learned 3 years ago)

Okay. Now I actually did read the rest. Very interesting things. The only thing that really scares me is things that can't be known. Either my physics or English teachers reminding me that we can't explain everything, or something doing a random action that I don't understand (Like my sister laying out 3 small plates and 1 big plate, and not being able to explain why. That was really scary), makes me think and worrying about it for the rest of the day.

I always panic when I lose my voice.

I'm the laziest person in the world when it comes to music, but if I can't sing or speak at all, it's like I've lost myself for awhile. I NEED to be able to sing and to speak.

People always look at me strangely when I panic because I've lost my voice.

"What's the big deal? It will come back in a few days."

"DAYS?! Are you kidding me?! What's the the big deal?! I CAN'T SING! How do you not understand why I'm in a panic?!"

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who needs to sing. :wub2:

Yeah, I hate when I get sick and am not able to sing, especially when I finally get the house to myself :hair:

I agree :wub2:

Thinking about the universe and space, I always have this thought that like maybe we are all dolls are this is some dollhouse or something...and some little kid is in their room controlling us :naughty: I don't think thats actually whats happening but wouldn't that be so weird? :aah:

Its really interesting to think about....

But some times its scary to think how big everything is..

I love dreams :teehee::wub2:

I have also thought about the dolls thing too!! Crazzyyyy hahah

This is kind of random, but when I was little, I used to think that hills were dead giants buried underground, and the hill is the giants tummy haha.

Okay, that was really random hahahah.

Wow, brilliant, brilliant thread. If there was a favourite button, I'd click it. :wub2:I miss deep conversations; I get too busy to have them very often any more. My head is reeling from all of these amazing philosophical answers. I'm kind of fuzzy from the tail end of a flu, plus it's late, so I won't amaze you with my incredible ideas just yet :naughty:

One that I found particularly interesting, though, was the senses one:

The least important one to me would be taste. I know a woman who lost her taste when she went through menopause; she says she can still appreciate food through its texture and feel. Even though she can't taste it, she's still addicted to chocolate. :naughty:

Smell usually goes hand-in-hand with taste; however, here I'd put sight. Yes, being able to see the natural world is a privilege nobody should be denied. The beauty of the world is constantly taking my breath away, and I appreciate every bit of it. But I was thinking the other day...vision is the cause of much of the world's superficiality. Without it, there'd be no racial discrimination, no ridiculous pressure on the world's women to be anorexic, no judgement for looking 'different'...sight is a gift, but we abuse it. The true beauty of the world is what lies beneath.

Next comes smell. I'd hate to have to lose it--soaking up the scent of someone you hold dear is one of the most comforting feelings in the world. But the next two are indisputably more important to me, so...

This was the hardest bit. I'm a singer. It's the thing I love to do the most; the only thing that never became a chore. I've had a cough for a few days and can't sing, and it's making me panicky. I live for music; I write my own, I play other people's, and I listen constantly. I always say I can't live without it. So whenever I considered this question before, hearing always won hands down.

But then I thought of it this way: imagine living in a world where all you have is your ears. You can hear the voices of all the people around you, hear their footsteps, their every movement. You can hear how close they are to you, and hear every word they say. But if someone says 'I love you' to you, how are they to prove it? You can't feel the sincerity of their embrace. You'd be living in a constant cloud of doubt and disconnect.

This is why I put touch first. Words and actions can lie, but underneath it all, your body is a vessel of truth--hence lie detectors. My stance on this would probably have been different before I got into the relationship I'm in now (my first), but I know now that there is nothing comparable to someone kissing away your tears or stroking your hair until you fall asleep. There are no words for that. That's not 'I love you' or 'I'm sorry'. That's proof.

And then there's sex...it's the only biological need that revolves around a sense. (Tasting your food is a part of eating, but you don't have to taste to feel full and satisfied.) Human beings are one of two creatures (the others being dolphins) that have sex for pleasure; taking that away would somewhat flatten our identity.

There are ways to communicate through touch alone; Hellen Keller is a prime example. There was also a movie I saw a while ago that was about a renowned DJ who went deaf and relearned his art through sensing the vibrations of his music.

And therefore, I put touch as first and foremost.

I absolutely love your post and agree with it all. After thinking about it myself, I think I would roughly post my answer in the same order as you (as in least to favorite sense).

Also, after Beethoven became deaf (and blind, was it?) , he began to feel the piano's vibration by a jaw piece he wore in his mouth. And he is one of the greatest composers, and still was able to do that with his sense of touch/feeling.

I always panic when I lose my voice.

I'm the laziest person in the world when it comes to music, but if I can't sing or speak at all, it's like I've lost myself for awhile. I NEED to be able to sing and to speak.

People always look at me strangely when I panic because I've lost my voice.

"What's the big deal? It will come back in a few days."

"DAYS?! Are you kidding me?! What's the the big deal?! I CAN'T SING! How do you not understand why I'm in a panic?!"

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who needs to sing. :wub2:

Well, I guess I kind of lied. I can sing. I can sing bass. :lmao: Seriously, I sound like a man.

I have also thought about the dolls thing too!! Crazzyyyy hahah

This is kind of random, but when I was little, I used to think that hills were dead giants buried underground, and the hill is the giants tummy haha.

Okay, that was really random hahahah.

I don't know if anyone played SimCity back in the day, but have you ever wondered 'what if' we were just a cyberspace world being controlled by some ten-year-old with a mouse? Kind of creepy :aah:

This thread is awesome. Nice one, Vanessa. :wink2:

Yay, I have a place where it's ok to rant like the madwoman that I am and listen to others that feel the same way! :freak:

But I can't do any super deep thinking right now. I need to focus on my paper that's due tomorrow. I keep procrastinating. :teehee:

Just wanted to say how much I love the idea of this thread. :original:

Yay!! :dance_man: I'm glad its getting somewhere!!!

I just came back from being with my two best friends, and they are the most deep people I know. We have such amazing conversations, but I seem to forget them when I want to talk about them again haha. Its just a moment of being in the present.

Here's some thoughts:

- Do you think people are genuinely good, or genuinely bad? As in, when we're born, do you think we're pure and good?

Think about how much the media and society influences us. We grow up learning all these manners, but many of these manners are, quite frankly, to seem like a better person, to act kind even if we're feeling not so kind that day.

So if we learn these manners and lessons from our parents and society, is 'good' just made up by people?

- Is there anything truly original? Everything comes from something, whether its musical influences or what we're interested in or how we act. And if you think there is anything truly original, then what is it? And what is your definition of original?

-Do you think there might be alternate dimensions?

-Do you think there is other life out there? (This can also connect to alternate dimensions)

-What do you think is love? Just think about love for a second and how you feel about it. Do you think love is the main emotion in life? The main purpose, even?

- What is your own purpose/meaning in life? Why are you here?

-What do you think is love? Just think about love for a second and how you feel about it. Do you think love is the main emotion in life? The main purpose, even?

I think love is the MEANING of life, at least for humans. I think that's what separates us from the rest of the creatures on Earth, our ability to love and be loved. It's what I'm here for--finding people I love and making memories with them.

I also think that music is a form of love, just the kind that you can't put into words.

A girl I know once said, "Music can tell you what you don't want to hear because the words hurt."

-Do you think there is other life out there? (This can also connect to alternate dimensions)

Well obviously we can't know, but I like to believe there is. The thought of Earth as being the only life in existence creeps me out. It depends on how big the universe is....Earth could be a star compared to a whole galaxy, you know? Or, there might not be much more to the Universe than what we know of it already. I think eventually scientists will come up with a way to find out, but probably not in our lifetime.

But yeah, I hope there is.

I think we're just some sort of experiment. What else would we be if we weren't humans? Where would we live? Why would we live? This is one of those chicken-or-the-egg questions....it's impossible to know, really :huh:

Well obviously we can't know, but I like to believe there is. The thought of Earth as being the only life in existence creeps me out. It depends on how big the universe is....Earth could be a star compared to a whole galaxy, you know? Or, there might not be much more to the Universe than what we know of it already. I think eventually scientists will come up with a way to find out, but probably not in our lifetime.

But yeah, I hope there is.

Yeah, I agree. I remember hearing once that the only reason there was life on Earth was because we were the perfect distance away from the sun, the perfect temperature and conditions...so while that narrows it down, if the Universe really is infinite then there must be every possible combination out there...I mean, hell, there might even be other humans out there somewhere. Wouldn't that be bizarre?? :shocked:

Yeah, I agree. I remember hearing once that the only reason there was life on Earth was because we were the perfect distance away from the sun, the perfect temperature and conditions...so while that narrows it down, if the Universe really is infinite then there must be every possible combination out there...I mean, hell, there might even be other humans out there somewhere. Wouldn't that be bizarre?? :shocked:

I really wouldn't be surprised. It makes more sense than all alien theories they come up with :rolls_eyes:

I really wouldn't be surprised. It makes more sense than all alien theories they come up with :rolls_eyes:

As if 7 billion weren't enough :shocked:

I never considered it before, actually. I wonder what they'd be like? Would they be destroying their planet? Would they speak the same languages as us? Or would they have evolved in a very different way due to small differences in their planet's makeup?

...and then, if there were other humans on another planet, would they be considered aliens? If aliens are classified as creatures from outer space?

Woww, i am LIKING this thread:teehee:

Umm, how i would describe myself?

I am a poet? It's something i'd never imagine myself doing but i've written 283 at the moment and tbh, i am proud of that:blush-anim-cl:

I love my friends, and i HATE making mistakes, which is just what i've done and it was the worst one i've ever made:boxed: .. Apparently i'm a perfectionist, &I'm a deep thinker too, that's why i quite liike this thread:naughty:

I'm a seriously lazy person:roftl: &An indecsive one too .. doesn't help that last night someone admitted to me they love me, i don't think he knows what it means yet, so i'm waiting .. dunno what for :blink::blush-anim-cl:

&BTW, i really need to make some more friends, so feel free to add me:wink2:

I think love is the MEANING of life, at least for humans. I think that's what separates us from the rest of the creatures on Earth, our ability to love and be loved. It's what I'm here for--finding people I love and making memories with them.

I also think that music is a form of love, just the kind that you can't put into words.

A girl I know once said, "Music can tell you what you don't want to hear because the words hurt."

I agree. I think that whatever happens in our lives, love is what connects us to everyone else. Even murderers love their familys, terrorists, Hitler loved dogs. No matter what, love is still in all of us in some form. No matter how terrible or rude someone can seem, love is always reserved someplace in us. I think that love is the only thing that will only truly exist. Going back to the 'do you think anything is original?' question, I think love is original. There's no controlling it, you just feel it. It just pops out of knowhere.

This relates to the 'other life out there' question, but sometimes randomly, it doesn't matter where I am, but I just look around me at the leaves and the cars and the people, and think how crazy it is that this amazing sphere full of music and plants that grow from the ground and sharks and emotions and conflicts and airplanes and Mika, how crazy it is that we're in the middle of a dark universe. Isn't it so CRAZY?!

Just picture the black endless universe, and then us in the middle, like a tiny little grain of... well, probably even smaller than sand. And on this grain of microscopic earth, humans with hearts dance and go to concerts and sing and love and be sad and mad and depressed and eventually we die.

Its like, we're in this simple little universe with just blackness and beauty, but then there's earth, and its so incredibly complicated. Just think about our bodies and how we stay alive as long as our heart is beating. We run on our own battery, and we just naturally are this way. And we came from someone else, which is even crazier...

Its endless beautiful stars of gases (well, that's the scientific side anyway), and then BAM! We're just in the middle of it all, living our lives. But sometimes we just don't think about these kinds of things, we just keep on doing whats on our list for the day. I feel like wondering and speculating is such an important thing. In a way, I feel like it can connect you with the universe. Not literally connect, but just make you aware of everything and appreciate everything. I feel like it can help you to stay a kid too, to always remain curious instead of being preocupied about knowing.

Yay!! :dance_man: I'm glad its getting somewhere!!!

I just came back from being with my two best friends, and they are the most deep people I know. We have such amazing conversations, but I seem to forget them when I want to talk about them again haha. Its just a moment of being in the present.

Here's some thoughts:

- Do you think people are genuinely good, or genuinely bad? As in, when we're born, do you think we're pure and good?

Think about how much the media and society influences us. We grow up learning all these manners, but many of these manners are, quite frankly, to seem like a better person, to act kind even if we're feeling not so kind that day.

So if we learn these manners and lessons from our parents and society, is 'good' just made up by people?

- Is there anything truly original? Everything comes from something, whether its musical influences or what we're interested in or how we act. And if you think there is anything truly original, then what is it? And what is your definition of original?

So many interesting questions!:thumb_yello:

I am convinced that we are born “good”!:wub2:

It has nothing to do with religion from my point of view, but rather that experiences that I’ve had in life are verifications of that instead.

Even if no one can see what you’re doing and make you take the consequences if you are doing the wrong thing, people choose to do the right and good thing to other people.

Let me tell you a little story to proof it!

Late one night I was driving from Denmark home to Stockholm, it’s a long drive, 6-7 hours, but most of the way we have “motorways”. I’m not sure of the proper word, but you know the kind of very wide roads with several separate lanes in each direction.

When you meet a car, you are supposed to change your spotlights on your car from full lights to half lights, to not risk to temporary blind the other person.

And every car I met did that. :wub2:

Of course it’s common sense and of course you’re taught to do that when you get your driving licence but….no police was anywhere close and no one would ever be able to catch you if you didn’t do it, and still all the drivers did it!

To me this is a very simple, almost silly little sign that people are good in their hearts!:wink2:

So many interesting questions!:thumb_yello:

I am convinced that we are born “good”!:wub2:

It has nothing to do with religion from my point of view, but rather that experiences that I’ve had in life are verifications of that instead.

Even if no one can see what you’re doing and make you take the consequences if you are doing the wrong thing, people choose to do the right and good thing to other people.

Let me tell you a little story to proof it!

Late one night I was driving from Denmark home to Stockholm, it’s a long drive, 6-7 hours, but most of the way we have “motorways”. I’m not sure of the proper word, but you know the kind of very wide roads with several separate lanes in each direction.

When you meet a car, you are supposed to change your spotlights on your car from full lights to half lights, to not risk to temporary blind the other person.

And every car I met did that. :wub2:

Of course it’s common sense and of course you’re taught to do that when you get your driving licence but….no police was anywhere close and no one would ever be able to catch you if you didn’t do it, and still all the drivers did it!

To me this is a very simple, almost silly little sign that people are good in their hearts!:wink2:

I agree with you! And I love your example too. Just how simple it is, I love how you looked at a little thing, like everyone has good in them, you've just got to look for it and realize it :wink2:

I also think people are good. I don't believe this from any religion either, I just feel like when I look at someone, that there is good in them. I have talked to rude people, who probably are treated badly because they seem rude, and I treat them how I treat everyone else. I try to understand them and stay calm and patient, and eventually their guard goes down. They smiled haha. I have a friend who seems very selfish and rude at times, but when its just you and her, she puts her guard down and tells how she feels. Its like a realization, she told me why she did what she did, and it gave me a sympathy for her, and gave me a sympathy for others with their guard up too. Not just a sympathy, but an understanding of them too.

I believe that people aren't born "Good" or "Bad", but that you are born with 50% of both. Then, because of the things you do and say, the percentage of good or the percentage of bad grows. But neither of them ever fades away completely

Because of that I think that it is impossible to be a 100% good person. You can try to be, but you'll never succeed. You'll make at least one mistake, you'll tell at least one lie, you'll hurt at least one person. But that doesn't make you bad. As long as you feel love towards other people and you want to help them, you are a good person. Even if you are a mass murderer, even if you are a thief, even if you pretend you don't care. Everyone has the potential to be good. And no matter how many bad things you do, you'll always have a bit of that left in you.

Everything can be. I believe in everything, until it is proven to me that it can't be. And even then I still believe it most of the time.

As for this - yes. I do believe there might be. I've never seen one and I've never met someone who has, but I do believe it can be.

Fairies - they can exist. Dragons - yes. Elves, unicorns, things that we've never seen before and that don't have a name. Everything can exist as long as you don't limit yourself to think that it is impossible. I don't think is is impossible, and maybe I'll catch a glimpse someday. Who knows?

See it like it is a fire. Every flame is one dimension, and you are being burnt by and in this one now, but maybe another one will catch you soon.

See it like it is the sea. Every wave is one dimension, and you are being drowned by and in this one now, but maybe another one will catch you soon.

See it like is is the wind. Every breath of air is one dimension, and you are being caressed by and in this one now, but maybe another one will catch you soon.

See it like it is sand. Every grain of sand is one dimension, and you are holding this one now, but maybe another one will fall into your hand soon.

See it like whatever you want. There are always so many possibilities, and there will always be.

Love is a feeling. Something that comes from your heart. Well, I would say from your heart, but your heart is just an organ which pumps blood trough your body. So then I would say love comes from your soul. Love is also something from your brain, a little voice telling you you have to multiply yourself and the human race.

Love is what I feel when I have a really old book in my hands.

Love is what I feel when I listen to music.

Love is what I feel when I think of her.

Love is what I feel when I talk to my friends.

Love is what I feel when someone tells me I'm beautiful.

Love is what I feel when I take a walk at night and I feel the cold and fresh air around me and I see the stars shining in heaven.

Love is many things, and everything that love is is beautiful.

Why am I here? I often ask myself this question as well. I never come to a satisfying answer. What the f*ck am I doing on this planet? What does the world gain from my life? Nothing. But I still need to be here, because my life is not essential for the world, but it is for me. I need me to exist. True, had I never existed, had I never known I could be alive and feeling things, I wouldn't think so. Dah, I wouldn't be able to think as I wouldn't be here. But seeing things from a perspective of a simple, living human, who looks at just a small part and not the whole world, I am here because I have to see myself grow, not physically but mentally, and I want to see myself overcome the difficulties and the problems that I have in my life. I also want to see the growth of others, and I want to help other people. I want to tell them I care, that I'll be there when the rest of the world walks out on them, and I want to be able to do that and be there. My meaning in life is living.

Edited by Shikutukumimika

I have a few questions for you guys.

-What do you think is more important, friendship or love?

-How do you see feelings? What are they, or are they undescribeable?

-Why do you want to live?

-Why do we like what we like, and why do we like the people that we like, why do we fall in love with the people that we fall in love with?

My responses to Shikutukumimika's questions:

-What do you think is more important, friendship or love?

I think love is more important. However, you can't have friendship without love, so in a way they both go hand in hand. I just believe love is the greatest, highest thing. Love is my religion. I think you can always find love, and love can always find you, even if its not in the exact form you want.

Friends are absolutely amazing, but even friends can fail you. I feel that if you believe in love and are willing to look for it in your everyday life, then it can never fail.

-How do you see feelings? What are they, or are they undescribeable?

Feelings are so absolutely mind blowing. I see feelings and emotions as beautiful. Of course the good ones are beautiful, but also the ones that we consider bad are also beautiful. Feelings are one of my greatest values. Actually, I think they're my greatest values. I want to live my life through feeling everything I can. I want to feel pain and hurt, and feel kindness and love.

I don't think there's a way to describe what they really are or how they happen. I think they come from our soul and connect us with everyone else. I think they come from whatever/whoever made this place. I think they make us feel that and that's how we connect.

-Why do you want to live?

I want to live... because this world is too amazing and beautiful to let it slip away. Not just this world, but everything, the universe, the unknown. I want to live for others, and for myself. I want to improve, to grow, I want to see myself get somewhere in every aspect of life. I want to see others grow and improve and I want to help them to do that.

Why do I want to live... that's a complicated one, yet so simple.

I want to live because I want to live. I want to LIVE! I WANT TO LIVE! I want to live it up, embrace it all.

Hahah. For me, I don't think there is a designated reason. I want to live for everything in this world. The world doesn't owe me anything, it doesn't owe me the right to live. I just owe myself the right to live as much as I can, while I can. I owe everyone the ability to help them, to love them.

I owe it to my soul, to who I am, to what I'm able to be, to love, to my feelings and emotions.

-Why do we like what we like, and why do we like the people that we like, why do we fall in love with the people that we fall in love with?

I think we just do. There's no way to explain it. I don't think our lives are all completely mapped out, but I think we just do what we do. I think it just falls into place.

For a surface answer, I'd say that we like what we like and like the people we like because of the way we were raised, and what our influences are.

But for an answer that I truly believe in, I would say because of our souls. I think inside us all, we truly are who we are, even though we don't know it yet. I think that's what's guiding us; our soul.

For example, you know how when you hear a song you like, or do one of your favorite things to do, you just get this feeling inside you that is perfect. That feeling of love. We can't describe it, we just know it. I think that's why.

Great questions!!! :wub2:

I have a question. Is anyone or has anyone ever been completely satisfied with every aspect of their life? Job, relationships, family etc. Or do you always feel like something could be improved?

I've never been satisfied with anything. I always feel like I should do it better, even when I'm already trying the best I can, I still feel like I should be able to improve, and I keep pushing myself. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with anything. For example, at school, I've got okay-ish marks, and people in my class tell me it's good, but I'm just not satisfied with it. I don't want to be okay-ish. I want to be good. Also, when I get a B for Maths, I'm completely happy, but when I get a B for English, I think it's bad. 'Cause English is so natural for me, to type, and talk, and write.. I just do it all like *poof*.