Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotel room: $200

Ticket: $29 something...

squealing at Mika running around on stage in his undies: Priceless. :wub2:

It was a wonderful show!!! He was so bubbly!! I loved it. Well worth the drive! It was my first time seeing him live and it was more than i ever would have expected!

Hotel room: $200

Ticket: $29 something...

squealing at Mika running around on stage in his undies: Priceless. :wub2:

It was a wonderful show!!! He was so bubbly!! I loved it. Well worth the drive! It was my first time seeing him live and it was more than i ever would have expected!

LOL...mastercard :biggrin2:

I'm glad to hear that the show was amazing!HE'S ALWAYS AMAZING!!!!

Did you chat a bit with him after the show?

I'm Too freaking depressed to do a proper report! But, I just want to write something - maybe it will make me feel better - or maybe it will make me feel worse!? :dunno: whatever . . . .

The queue was the BEST expereince YET! Jackie, Erin, Kristen, Jamie, Aubrey, Zoey, Chris, Tom and OF COURSE L U C Y . . . you guys totally ROCK <you know it> the queue was a freaking blast. And I can't beleive we had SO MUCH crap - and didn't even use it. Guess it is better to have and not use then not to have and want! :roftl: The pub was a LIFE-SAVER! We should all write the venues or management (ANYONE that can make it happen) THERE

r e a l l y SHOULD be porta-potties at GA gigs! I mean we are there for ungodly hours and in certain cases there is literally NOTHING around. So, unless you got a car there you are pretty much screwed! As GROSS as I think those things ARE - I would GLADLY use them in these CrAzY circumstances! It is almost a necessity and not even a luxury! Anyways I went to the bathroom 2 times in 19 hours! That JUST isn't healthy! Maybe we should bring our own make-shift potties. :teehee: Owen was GREAT - John was great - and MIKA well . . . we all know he was being a little bitch when he drove in. But, that is okay. He MUST have had his reasons! :aah:

All in all - I think the venue staff was pretty good. I mean they communicated with us well. And they were pretty nice! I freakin HATE the fact that THIS venue seperates the boys and the girls - cause it is SO unfair! I sit there and queue for 16 HOURS and a dude that j u s t came walk up and he is 4th person in. WTF! :sneaky2: I mean I wouldn't have minded getting felt up by one of the guys! :das: Anyways they let us know WHEN to put our coats/stuff in the car . . so, getting in was a breeze! SO glad for that! And we got exaclty WHERE we wanted to be! Although - I would have LOVED to have been by Chris and Tom for the show! THAT would have been a total BLAST!

I liked Gary Go <as far as opening acts go> He is a little cutie! His music is good, although most of his songs DO sound alike! That really is the only complaint! I mean I personally would not buy his album - but, Lucy did . . so. Never the less we are good MFCers, and we screamed our heads off for him, and made him feel welcomed and loved. And I think he really enjoyed the Philly show! Lucy has the hotts for his guitar player! :naughty:

After Gary Go - the wait for Mika was SO short! And thank goodness cause we were SO r e a d y! I freaking LOVE the opening of the show - CLASSIC! He really knows how to get us all <excited> for lack of a BETTER word!

Right into Relax Mika fell. O M G . . . BUT, I love how he handles things like that. He is SUCH a pro! It HAD to be SO embarrassin! But, he just got up and shrugged his shoulders at us. Gotta love that man.

The show was unbeleivable! SERIOUSLY! It was C R A Z Y in there! And one of the MOST memorable moments was WAG - when we were all screaming at him - WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE! He was just looking out and his mouth dropped open - and tears welled up in his eyes. Then he fell to his knees and finally just laid down on the stage - it was PRICELESS!!!!!! NO matter what is said and/or NOT done . . MIKA can see that AMERICA does love him. Maybe not all the avenues- but. he should just focus on those that do - and say F.uck the rest! Mika's American fans that have been with him right from the start are here to stay for the long haul! I really DO beleive he knows that - and that makes me happy through all the bullzsheet.

The show was SO much FUN - the audience participation was some of the MOST I have ever seen! I got LOTS of eye contact from Mika and Jimmy! The only downside was HOW FREAKIN high that stage was! I have NEVER seen a stage that HIGH. I got a crick in my neck. :lmao:

I can't even comment on after the show - I might shoot myself!

All I can say is - I MISS him, more then I ever have before! And the PMD isn't budging an inch! ALL I can do N O W is wait for him to come back to the U.S. HOPEFULLY next year - and God knows I will be r e a d y to do it all again!

Great report. Kind of brought me back, and there were a few things I guess I missed. (Including his FALL...grr.)

I keep randomly remembering when he told us to close our eyes for Love Today and he was like "So many of you are f*ng cheating." It was adorable...but does he say that at every gig?

Great report. Kind of brought me back, and there were a few things I guess I missed. (Including his FALL...grr.)

I keep randomly remembering when he told us to close our eyes for Love Today and he was like "So many of you are f*ng cheating." It was adorable...but does he say that at every gig?

That was the first time I ever seen him do that! I LOVED that part! He looked right at me and said CLOSE YOUR EYES! And then Jimmy walked right the edge of the stage and told me the same thing but, I was shaking my head NO at him! It was FUNNY! I didn't want to miss a second of him . . . no closing eyes for me! But, that was SO cute!!!! LOVED IT! :wub2:

And one of the MOST memorable moments was WAG - when we were all screaming at him - WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE! He was just looking out and his mouth dropped open - and tears welled up in his eyes. Then he fell to his knees and finally just laid down on the stage - it was PRICELESS!!!!!!

That was my favorite part! The look on his face is forever imprinted in my mind.

Hahahahah during love today when he had us all close our eyes Mika turned away for a sec and Martin saw that me, Erin and the guy next to her had our eyes open so he came running up and was like "HEY HEY HEY!" laughing and pointing at us and mika looked over laughing, so great.

Edited by lovelove_mika

Haha, that was so adorable! <3 He really handles the tripping well, too. There was one time that he tripped over some cords and just went, "Oops!" with a sheepish little laugh and glance at the audience. SO cute!

Actually, it was the performance in Boston that I :wub2:....

...but I have just found a great version from the Philadelphia gig:

:swoon:

what a brilliant find suzie:wub2:

frog2.jpg

frog4.jpg

He was holding the fairy frog I gave him. :wub2:

adorable pics!!!

I'm Too freaking depressed to do a proper report! But, I just want to write something - maybe it will make me feel better - or maybe it will make me feel worse!? :dunno: whatever . . . .

The queue was the BEST expereince YET! Jackie, Erin, Kristen, Jamie, Aubrey, Zoey, Chris, Tom and OF COURSE L U C Y . . . you guys totally ROCK <you know it> the queue was a freaking blast. And I can't beleive we had SO MUCH crap - and didn't even use it. Guess it is better to have and not use then not to have and want! :roftl: The pub was a LIFE-SAVER! We should all write the venues or management (ANYONE that can make it happen) THERE

r e a l l y SHOULD be porta-potties at GA gigs! I mean we are there for ungodly hours and in certain cases there is literally NOTHING around. So, unless you got a car there you are pretty much screwed! As GROSS as I think those things ARE - I would GLADLY use them in these CrAzY circumstances! It is almost a necessity and not even a luxury! Anyways I went to the bathroom 2 times in 19 hours! That JUST isn't healthy! Maybe we should bring our own make-shift potties. :teehee: Owen was GREAT - John was great - and MIKA well . . . we all know he was being a little bitch when he drove in. But, that is okay. He MUST have had his reasons! :aah:

All in all - I think the venue staff was pretty good. I mean they communicated with us well. And they were pretty nice! I freakin HATE the fact that THIS venue seperates the boys and the girls - cause it is SO unfair! I sit there and queue for 16 HOURS and a dude that j u s t came walk up and he is 4th person in. WTF! :sneaky2: I mean I wouldn't have minded getting felt up by one of the guys! :das: Anyways they let us know WHEN to put our coats/stuff in the car . . so, getting in was a breeze! SO glad for that! And we got exaclty WHERE we wanted to be! Although - I would have LOVED to have been by Chris and Tom for the show! THAT would have been a total BLAST!

I liked Gary Go <as far as opening acts go> He is a little cutie! His music is good, although most of his songs DO sound alike! That really is the only complaint! I mean I personally would not buy his album - but, Lucy did . . so. Never the less we are good MFCers, and we screamed our heads off for him, and made him feel welcomed and loved. And I think he really enjoyed the Philly show! Lucy has the hotts for his guitar player! :naughty:

After Gary Go - the wait for Mika was SO short! And thank goodness cause we were SO r e a d y! I freaking LOVE the opening of the show - CLASSIC! He really knows how to get us all <excited> for lack of a BETTER word!

Right into Relax Mika fell. O M G . . . BUT, I love how he handles things like that. He is SUCH a pro! It HAD to be SO embarrassin! But, he just got up and shrugged his shoulders at us. Gotta love that man.

The show was unbeleivable! SERIOUSLY! It was C R A Z Y in there! And one of the MOST memorable moments was WAG - when we were all screaming at him - WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE! He was just looking out and his mouth dropped open - and tears welled up in his eyes. Then he fell to his knees and finally just laid down on the stage - it was PRICELESS!!!!!! NO matter what is said and/or NOT done . . MIKA can see that AMERICA does love him. Maybe not all the avenues- but. he should just focus on those that do - and say F.uck the rest! Mika's American fans that have been with him right from the start are here to stay for the long haul! I really DO beleive he knows that - and that makes me happy through all the bullzsheet.

The show was SO much FUN - the audience participation was some of the MOST I have ever seen! I got LOTS of eye contact from Mika and Jimmy! The only downside was HOW FREAKIN high that stage was! I have NEVER seen a stage that HIGH. I got a crick in my neck. :lmao:

All I can say is - I MISS him, more then I ever have before! And the PMD isn't budging an inch! ALL I can do N O W is wait for him to come back to the U.S. HOPEFULLY next year - and God knows I will be r e a d y to do it all again!

Did you wait after the show for him out back?

I wish I did. :shocked:

Did you wait after the show for him out back?

I wish I did. :shocked:

we waited - then we left when Lucy's hubby got there. AND GUESS WHAT Mika came out 15 minutes after we left! I AM SO UPSET about it - we did not get to say goodbye to him - now I have to carry this HUGE weight in my heart for the next freaking YEAR - till I see him again! I have even been checking flights to Seattle - but the cheapest is like $700.00 so obviously there is NO way. If I had it, I would SO do it. JUST to say goodbye! Aaahhhh I wish I could get over this horrible feeling, but - it just isn't leaving me! :tears:

we waited - then we left when Lucy's hubby got there. AND GUESS WHAT Mika came out 15 minutes after we left! I AM SO UPSET about it - we did not get to say goodbye to him - now I have to carry this HUGE weight in my heart for the next freaking YEAR - till I see him again! I have even been checking flights to Seattle - but the cheapest is like $700.00 so obviously there is NO way. If I had it, I would SO do it. JUST to say goodbye! Aaahhhh I wish I could get over this horrible feeling, but - it just isn't leaving me! :tears:

Honestly, I thought you wanted to leave because you kept asking me how far was my husband...I didn't want to go..I wanted to stay but I guess you appeared to be exhausted and I didn't want to upset you. But now we know that next time we will wait for him no matter what

I think this was the BEST show ever!!!! starting with the qeueing!!! and yes the Gary Go guitar was cute!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...