MIKA's accident!?!?!

MIKA_FAN8362

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to our dearest MIKA? why is he in a foot/ankle brace!!?? i want the whole story!!

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed:

He twisted his foot at a gig - has torn some tendons - nothing too serious.

Check this thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20545

Edited by silver

He hurt himself during a show on stage and had to go to hospital. They've fixed him up with a huge ankle (ancle) brace to support it and he's limped around on stage without missing any of the tour. I was surprised that there wasn't a thread about it. There are links to the video where it happened and the twitter thread reports his tweets about it. There's also a get well soon thread.

what happened to our dearest MIKA? why is he in a foot/ankle brace!!?? i want the whole story!!

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed::boxed:

it was at the hollywood palladium during "Love Today"

he and the audience were doing this thing where we crouched on the floor and he counted to three and he jumped. when he jumped he landed funny and I saw him kind of limp to the floor(i was in the front)

It was clear after the song that he was hurt cause he was limping a little. then he went backstage and came back with a foot wrap.

but he'll be fine. He just has to wear a brace for now :]

it was at the hollywood palladium during "Love Today"

he and the audience were doing this thing where we crouched on the floor and he counted to three and he jumped. when he jumped he landed funny and I saw him kind of limp to the floor(i was in the front)

It was clear after the song that he was hurt cause he was limping a little. then he went backstage and came back with a foot wrap.

but he'll be fine. He just has to wear a brace for now :]

oh no!! i feel bad for him! someone as magical and perfect as he is should never go through any type of pain. I almost couldn't bare to watch the video. :shocked:

oh no!! i feel bad for him! someone as magical and perfect as he is should never go through any type of pain. I almost couldn't bare to watch the video. :shocked:

If s.o. hadn't pointed to the time in the video, I wouldn't have spotted it, but it is horrible to watch. And he's needed crutches too.

If s.o. hadn't pointed to the time in the video, I wouldn't have spotted it, but it is horrible to watch. And he's needed crutches too.

I could kind of tell when he landed, the sound he made wasn't excitement like they usually are. I think that was pain. And then his voice for the ending of the song was a little strained. I think he was trying not the pain creep into his voice. :boxed: I just can't imagine that someone as great as MIKA did anything to deserve an injury like that. I know it wasn't THAT bad of an injury, but still.

I could kind of tell when he landed, the sound he made wasn't excitement like they usually are. I think that was pain. And then his voice for the ending of the song was a little strained. I think he was trying not the pain creep into his voice. :boxed: I just can't imagine that someone as great as MIKA did anything to deserve an injury like that. I know it wasn't THAT bad of an injury, but still.

He jumps around like a maniac, and with no shoes recently, so it was bound to happen I guess :huh:

Poor thing :emot-sad:

He jumps around like a maniac, and with no shoes recently, so it was bound to happen I guess :huh:

Indeed. But he's been carrying on very well. He managed to still hop around like a mother****er (:naughty:) for his other gigs.

He should make a quick recovery.:biggrin2: I have faith.

He needs to always wear shoes on stage. Good ones that support his feet and ankles for when he runs, jumps and dances! I'm sure his shoe-pal Christian L would say the same thing to him!

But Mika performs such a high-energy show that strains and tendon injuries may always be likely to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

He has done it before you know, I mean: hurt his foot. I was looking for (and found!) this YT-vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmgKmrRO60.

Didn't know exactely where to post it, but this thread seems suitable.

I don't mean to be mean, but this morning I had to think of this dutch singer (not my kind of music, but he is quite famous in Holland) who is in a wheelchair after a car-accident he had years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7fiR1Pt0H4

Mika could give his foot a good rest this way, and still perform.....:aah::blush-anim-cl: