Mika on his demoNs and overcoming a crisis of confidence

dcdeb

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i fully fully agree! he's worse than elvis with the pelvis. hahaha. he's a very sexy guy.

some of the best "sleepy" i have ever had was to love today and relax. most of the life in cartoon motion album.

"sleepy" to Meeks music? OMG... cant imagine how good that will be except for very good! I know what i miss...

Thought about trying to one foot boy? :naughty:

I'm pretty sure they are capable of joining the dots between the two, and realising what the jokes about.

I would imagine they've all got better things to do at the moment than educate Mika on the nuances of this thread so that he can fully understand the jokes people tweet him.

When I was backstage in Vancouver, I wondered why some of the planets were so dented. 'Scuse me Mr. Security Guard, that's not a toy!

Actually one of the crew said the dents were helping with the crater effect and they should have just bashed them up right at the start. :lmfao:

and yeah, i remember your reaction in oakland. and although i had no idea about the planet story, i also felt it wasn't right to throw the stage deko in the crowd... so maybe i was wondering a bit about you looking so extremely upset about it, but generally i understood your reaction. well, i THOUGHT i did, it never would've occurred to me that you have some sort of "personal relationship" with those planets!

I really do feel attached to the planets. :teehee:

We were hoping to grab a couple as souvenirs in Vancouver but apparently they were shipping them off to Australia. I'm disappointed on the one hand, but on the other it's amazing to think our handiwork will be seen by audiences on the other side of the world. :fangurl:

So anyway if you felt uncomfortable about it maybe you shouldn't have revealed anything at all, spose you can't have it all ways realistically.

Really? You think it's unrealistic for a fan to tell their story on MFC and not have it used by another fan in order to get Mika's attention or the attention of his staff?

In that case it shouldn't surprise you that some are prudent about what kind of information they reveal in the future. You can call it secrecy or hiding things, but I call it discretion and good judgement.

Like Freddie, I too don't like the hidden aspect of things but Mika asked for that and that is fine I can understand why he wanted that, but it wasn't such a secret by the time of the spillage cos enough hints were dropped, I think THAT tarnished it in my eyes, it made me lose interest.

This is what I mean about people making someone's experience about other fans. How can it be tarnished in your eyes? It didn't happen to you.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from on this. Particularly when you say it made you lose interest. If you're so disinterested then why are you the top poster in this thread? Why did you tweet Mika about it?

I don't agree with Sienna that we have to be happy for others at all times. Maybe there are people who dislike me, people who don't know me and couldn't care less, people who think I've already had enough Mika to last me a lifetime and don't deserve any more. I understand that and I don't expect them to be happy for me. That goes against human nature.

But really is it too much to ask to just let people relay their experiences without these bad vibes creeping into the thread? If people don't like what they're reading, then don't read it. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head.

And the same goes for our inside jokes on Twitter.

I really wanted to know that too but when I asked how many they painted they just said all of them and that's not a number!:sneaky2:

Well I don't think any of us knows how many. I, for one, didn't count them. :naughty:

You must have seen the photos of the set so that gives you an idea. Or did you mean how many did each of us paint?

Thanks for the details Sariflor!!!! The end result of your handiwork and Mika's vision was truly magical. I was blown away at the Boston concert when the curtains first opened after the couch/tv intro to reveal the set with those planets hanging down...

Oh that's so cool to hear. I always found myself staring at them, noticing the flaws, trying to remember who did what (Shawna and Suzy both had amazing techniques and theirs looked especially good). It's interesting to hear what kind of impact it had on someone who is more objective.

Guest whalesfood
"sleepy" to Meeks music? OMG... cant imagine how good that will be except for very good! I know what i miss...

Thought about trying to one foot boy? :naughty:

lol i've unfortunately been single for this album haha. i think toy box and pick up off the floor would be amazing though. haha.

it probably just says that mika successfully managed to seduce us. :teehee: with him knowing all the time what he was singing about in love today, and being like :das: while performing this song, taking off his shirt and stuff like that - he just managed to get across the feeling of the song, without us realizing, poor victims that we are! :puppy_eyes:

:naughty:

He has definifely seduced me with those moves, naughty look ect. and didnt take long :naughty: Love it when he is like that. HOPE i will see at one of the shows a shirtless Meeks... sweaty will make it even better :drool:

love that look... absiolutely love it when he has it

aus-13-1.jpg

aus-50.jpg

Oh that's so cool to hear. I always found myself staring at them, noticing the flaws, trying to remember who did what (Shawna and Suzy both had amazing techniques and theirs looked especially good). It's interesting to hear what kind of impact it had on someone who is more objective.

Aww gee...thanks.:blush-anim-cl:

I had a really good "hands-on" teacher. :wub2:

I don't agree with Sienna that we have to be happy for others at all times. Maybe there are people who dislike me, people who don't know me and couldn't care less, people who think I've already had enough Mika to last me a lifetime and don't deserve any more. I understand that and I don't expect them to be happy for me. That goes against human nature.

You don't have to agree with me :naughty: but can I just say that a big purpose for me to join a fan club is to read and receive news about the artist. I can't go to so many gigs and I can't have a lot of encounters with Mika but it gives me a great pleasure to read about others meetings and adventures with him.:wub2:

Maybe it goes against human nature? I have no idea, this is what I feel anyway.

Jealousy isn’t my thing…at all!:biggrin2:

Well I don't think any of us knows how many. I, for one, didn't count them. :naughty:

You must have seen the photos of the set so that gives you an idea. Or did you mean how many did each of us paint?

Nah, it wasn't important, when I looked at the pictures I realised that it was a lot of planets!:shocked: Must have taken you hours, good thing you got the pizza in the end!:naughty:

You don't have to agree with me :naughty: but can I just say that a big purpose for me to join a fan club is to read and receive news about the artist. I can't go to so many gigs and I can't have a lot of encounters with Mika but it gives me a great pleasure to read about others meetings and adventures with him.:wub2:

Nah, it wasn't important, when I looked at the pictures I realised that it was a lot of planets!:shocked: Must have taken you hours, good thing you got the pizza in the end!:naughty:

You are a rare gem, sienna. :wub2:

I do get jealous from time to time, but at the same time,I'm also really thrilled for people who get that special time with him, the eye contact during the performance, when he mentions he remembers people from other gigs, when he replies to people's twitter comments, etc. And I sympathize with people who have been so extraordinarily patient to get a chance to even see him perform in their country or hometown.

We did work hard. Several hours. We probably painted more planets than you can actually see hanging (maybe not all needed at once, or some extra in case of accidents, or some broke). 120 sounds like a very good estimate.

I would imagine they've all got better things to do at the moment than educate Mika on the nuances of this thread so that he can fully understand the jokes people tweet him.

Actually one of the crew said the dents were helping with the crater effect and they should have just bashed them up right at the start. :lmfao:

I really do feel attached to the planets. :teehee:

We were hoping to grab a couple as souvenirs in Vancouver but apparently they were shipping them off to Australia. I'm disappointed on the one hand, but on the other it's amazing to think our handiwork will be seen by audiences on the other side of the world. :fangurl:

Really? You think it's unrealistic for a fan to tell their story on MFC and not have it used by another fan in order to get Mika's attention or the attention of his staff?

In that case it shouldn't surprise you that some are prudent about what kind of information they reveal in the future. You can call it secrecy or hiding things, but I call it discretion and good judgement.

This is what I mean about people making someone's experience about other fans. How can it be tarnished in your eyes? It didn't happen to you.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from on this. Particularly when you say it made you lose interest. If you're so disinterested then why are you the top poster in this thread? Why did you tweet Mika about it?

But really is it too much to ask to just let people relay their experiences without these bad vibes creeping into the thread? If people don't like what they're reading, then don't read it. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head.

And the same goes for our inside jokes on Twitter.

That kind of depends on whether he sees the tweet, and wants to know what the hell it's on about, I would think.

And it wouldn't be the first time that something discussed on here was joked about on Twitter, even to Mika, who probably hasn't got a clue what it's on about anyway, and probably won't be the last. So having a go at Sparkly is pretty pointless, as then you might as well shout at all the other people who do it, which I think would be a pointless waste of time.

Especially if Mika isn't even aware, of it at all.

I'm not talking about jealousy per se, just that you don't necessarily feel happy for someone you don't know or don't like. I don't think I ever feel real jealousy where Mika is concerned because I'm satisfied with my own experiences.

But if I feel a certain lack of happiness (:naughty:) about something, I think the best thing to do is just not comment at all.

I think we painted for about 2 hours before taking a break and then there was another hour at least of helping Mika's mum and Yasmine put them together.

You are a rare gem, sienna. :wub2:

I do get jealous from time to time, but at the same time,I'm also really thrilled for people who get that special time with him, the eye contact during the performance, when he mentions he remembers people from other gigs, when he replies to people's twitter comments, etc. And I sympathize with people who have been so extraordinarily patient to get a chance to even see him perform in their country or hometown.

We did work hard. Several hours. We probably painted more planets than you can actually see hanging (maybe not all needed at once, or some extra in case of accidents, or some broke). 120 sounds like a very good estimate.

And before you know it Mika comes to your hometown like he did in October to Stockholm, it was my so far best experience with him and maybe it was so good because I didn't expect anything at all...like this ball painting you were asked to do!:wink2:

So much better than waiting for a few seconds of his attention after a gig.

Mika is a man of surprises!:wub2:

I'm not talking about jealousy per se, just that you don't necessarily feel happy for someone you don't know or don't like. I don't think I ever feel real jealousy where Mika is concerned because I'm satisfied with my own experiences.

But if I feel a certain lack of happiness (:naughty:) about something, I think the best thing to do is just not comment at all.

I am too, with mine that is!:roftl:

This is only a guess but maybe it's easier to not have unrealistic expectations about what you can expect from Mika when you're not a teenager?:teehee:

To the second highlight...so very true!:thumb_yello:

And before you know it Mika comes to your hometown like he did in October to Stockholm, it was my so far best experience with him and maybe it was so good because I didn't expect anything at all...like this ball painting you were asked to do!:wink2:

Yes that was so awesome for you, especially because he asked you to come. That really means a lot to me because I'm self-conscious about imposing on him.

Were you scared of messing them up? I would be terrified. :teehee: But then again, I'm not so good at artistic stuff. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Yes he gave us a speech before we started about not doing it if we felt we couldn't because he didn't want them to get ruined. It was a bit nervewracking because at that point I didn't even know exactly what they were going to ask us to do and I'm not artistic either.

You don't want to walk away and miss out on the chance to help but at the same time you don't want to ruin Mika's set while he's watching. :aah:

Yes he gave us a speech before we started about not doing it if we felt we couldn't because he didn't want them to get ruined. It was a bit nervewracking because at that point I didn't even know exactly what they were going to ask us to do and I'm not artistic either.

You don't want to walk away and miss out on the chance to help but at the same time you don't want to ruin Mika's set while he's watching. :aah:

Oh my, that does sound nervewracking! I probably would have tried and then ruined it. :aah:

Yes! He really stared at us at the beginning, and said "these cost $xx each, they're really expensive, so don't feck it up. If you don't think you can do it, don't do it. Ok, come with me, let me show you how..."

Just a little intimidating. But Mika showed us exactly how he wanted it done and Yasmine was checking our progress all the time and giving us tips on what to do. It was really very easy... and I don't think any of us were willing to skip it even at the risk of messing it up. After the first 5 minutes it wasn't intimidating any more... we were having a good time. It felt like a giant craft project... the floor was covered in plastic sheets and we were wearing garbage bags. The band was rehearsing at the other end, so we were listening to the music, and every so often Mika or Mama P would dance, or Mama P would say "oh this is my favourite song". Yasmine was very sweet to us too... they were all incredibly nice and appreciative of our time.

That's amazing. :wub2: I cant get enough of these stories. :fangurl::teehee:

Oh my, that does sound nervewracking! I probably would have tried and then ruined it. :aah:

I think if Bab and I could manage it anyone could. :naughty:

At first we didn't have any UV light in the room to see what we were doing properly so I took my first piece up to Yasmine to check with a handheld UV lamp so I could see where I needed to fill in the gaps. She pointed to the areas I had painted and said "there, that's perfect", so I breathed a sigh of relief after that. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes! He really stared at us at the beginning, and said "these cost $xx each, they're really expensive, so don't feck it up. If you don't think you can do it, don't do it. Ok, come with me, let me show you how..."

Just a little intimidating. But Mika showed us exactly how he wanted it done and Yasmine was checking our progress all the time and giving us tips on what to do. It was really very easy... and I don't think any of us were willing to skip it even at the risk of messing it up. After the first 5 minutes it wasn't intimidating any more... we were having a good time. It felt like a giant craft project... the floor was covered in plastic sheets and we were wearing garbage bags. The band was rehearsing at the other end, so we were listening to the music, and every so often Mika or Mama P would dance, or Mama P would say "oh this is my favourite song". Yasmine was very sweet to us too... they were all incredibly nice and appreciative of our time.

Yeah!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

And the fun thing is that those planets means something special to me too now when I know how they got painted!:wink2:

I think if Bab and I could manage it anyone could. :naughty:

At first we didn't have any UV light in the room to see what we were doing properly so I took my first piece up to Yasmine to check with a handheld UV lamp so I could see where I needed to fill in the gaps. She pointed to the areas I had painted and said "there, that's perfect", so I breathed a sigh of relief after that. :blush-anim-cl:

Aww, Mika's family seem so sweet. :wub2: You guys did a fabulous job. My sister and I marveled at the planets for a long while at the concert...until Mika came out and stole our attention. :naughty:

We all wore garbage bags and I remember always stepping on mine and tripping. There were moments I almost fell onto a finished ball -that would have been so embarrasing.Amazingly enough - Yasmine looked freakin awesome in a garbage bag - like it was something artsy you would see on a runway model. Only a few people could pull it off.

Oh and poor Zoots must have been so freaked out when a guy from the venue fell off a ladder and nearly landed on top of her. He luckily landed on a polystyrene planet that must have cushioned his fall. :shocked:

Were you scared of messing them up? I would be terrified. :teehee: But then again, I'm not so good at artistic stuff. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

For me it was pretty much the same feeling I have toward MFC, only (obviously) in a more physical, more hands-on situation.

What it amounted to is that I believe so much in the whole Mika project, and by working on the set I found myself feeling personally invested in it. Just like I want MFC to be the best it can be, I wanted Mika's set to be the best it could be. I can be a perfectionist in most situations, but I think the passion behind this whole Mika thing really amplified that perfectionism in this case.

You know that phrase "do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life"...? I was thinking about that when working on the planets, and watching Mika's mum and sister work. I'm sure it counts as "work" to them - it was actually a lot of work, and creating a set is only a fraction of what they do - but the underlying commitment to the whole overall project was there, coming from his people and from us "recruits". If that makes any sense. :teehee:

Anyhow, to answer your question - yes I was afraid of screwing them up, but not specifically out of fear of Mika's wrath. Moreso out of the determination to do the best damn job I possibly could for something I believe in so damn much. :wub2: