Mika in UK STAR Magazine - Rain Review

CazGirl

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was also a review of La Roux's song "Quicksand", and they wrote "This is another slice of flasetto electro which will also get the dogs barking. We just hope she never gets together with Mika! It's highly unlikely it would happen in the carnal sense (ahem!), but even musically, it would make our ears bleed."

wtfk is that? :lmfao:

sun carnt spell :fisch:

it was late at night and I was tired :aah: but thanks for letting me know. I type too fast for my own good lol xD

*edits*

me too >lmao<

it's the Star, not The Sun...:teehee: dunno why I'm always so mispelling-catcher & above all wth I'm writing nao

Well, actually, Liberace and EJ had different purposes. Liberace started his shows with the objective of challenging the classical piano performance. He had a classical background. The classical music clique wasn't particularly happy with him. :teehee: Especially because nobody ever fell asleep during his performances. :roftl:

Well, actually, Liberace and EJ had different purposes. Liberace started his shows with the objective of challenging the classical piano performance. He had a classical background. The classical music clique wasn't particularly happy with him. :teehee: Especially because nobody ever fell asleep during his performances. :roftl:

Okay?!

They both wanted attention & good promo by being camp.

It worked too!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I said to someone a few weeks ago, I'd love to see Mika and La Roux do a colabouration together. COME ON MIKA AND LA ROUX, MAKE IT INTO A REALITY A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME AND A NIGHTMARE FOR THE BAD REVIEWER!!! :biggrin2:

NOOOOO:shocked:

That'd actually be a nightmare for me as well.:teehee:

I don't like Elly from La Roux's falsetto at all, now that I DO find screechy.:teehee:

What really annoys me is that despite this, La Roux are seen as cool and ok to like. The NME loves them. Yet Elly Jackson's voice is as Marmite as Mika's if not moreso (she is much more of a one-trick pony vocals-wise than Mika could ever be) :sneaky2:.

I know a lot of people..mainly men (?) just can't cope with the male high falsetto at all. However why does this stop some of these reviewers from seeing past that and appreciating the other facets of Mika's voice and overall talent?? And why is there always this camp reference..*yawn* he really isn't overly camp, he does NOT mince around in a pink cravate with a limp wrist and cries of "OOOOH get her! I'm freeee Mr Humphreys!". Or did I miss that interview??

:sneaky2:

:

I really don't like La Roux either, and I agree with you on them being as Marmite as Mika.

I don't really care about the NME though, they've got some cool stuff, but they're more about the ''different'' and ''indie'' stuff.

These so called music lovers only gave Mika's album two stars. I emailed them to say I'd never buy their mag again!

I don't think they really care:naughty:

Archived