Mika in UK STAR Magazine - Rain Review

CazGirl

Was just flicking through Star magazine at work and happened to come across Mika - three times! :hypo:

Anyway, Mika was apparently spotted having drinks at The Cadogan Arms in London. (must have been sent in a while ago and they've only just put it in, since he's on the other side of the planet :naughty:) No picture though.

Now, the review of RAIN...(THE FIRST REVIEW I'VE SEEN IN THE UK)

"Prepare to lock up your dogs - the high pitched prince of high camp is back. The low-key vocals and synths of the verses lull you into a false sense of security before he unleashes the screech on the chorus. It's still catchy stuff - we're just not sure how many times we could listen to it. ***/*****"

There was also a review of La Roux's song "Quicksand", and they wrote "This is another slice of falsetto electro which will also get the dogs barking. We just hope she never gets together with Mika! It's highly unlikely it would happen in the carnal sense (ahem!), but even musically, it would make our ears bleed."

mikamag3.jpg

mikamag2.jpg

:boxed:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just flicking through Star magazine at work and happened to come across Mika - three times! :hypo:

Anyway, Mika was apparently spotted having drinks at The Cadogan Arms in London. (must have been sent in a while ago and they've only just put it in, since he's on the other side of the planet :naughty:) No picture though.

Now, the review of RAIN...(THE FIRST REVIEW I'VE SEEN IN THE UK)

"Prepare to lock up your dogs - the high pitched prince of high camp is back. The low-key vocals and synths of the verses lull you into a false sense of security before he unleashes the screech on the chorus. It's still catchy stuff - we're just not sure how many times we could listen to it. ***/*****"

There was also a review of La Roux's song "Quicksand", and they wrote "This is another slice of flasetto electro which will also get the dogs barking. We just hope she never gets together with Mika! It's highly unlikely it would happen in the carnal sense (ahem!), but even musically, it would make our ears bleed."

:boxed:

:shocked: dont worry mika knows we love him :wub2:

some people :blowup:

I don't think Mika's *that* camp :boxed:

But then again I can be quite naive lol.

yeah i think he is but does it matter... no!!! :biggrin2:

ive had bi boyfriends b4 and i dont see why people are so :aah: with it.

who cares. his wrights great music and sings fabby. oohh oohh oohh and the looks :wub2: not forgetting what agreat human he is.

dont let it upset you. there the losers :naughty:

I don't see it. On my computer the latest news is the competition announcement.

If you look at the very end of the front page you find 'latest posts' , it's the second one right after the competition results :wink2:

Why are reviewers quite often bias on always very often on the hate side.. Reviewers who do these review should have a wide variety of taste in music, not just a little but a W-I-D-E variety of taste in music.

Also Mika isn't that camp, I agree with the rest of you. He sings in high falsetto in his songs but that's his signature of his sound. It's like N-Dubz have the "N-Dubz, N-Dubz Na-Na-Nai" at the beginning of their songs. Many artists do it, it's way of making their sound theirs and unique!

I said to someone a few weeks ago, I'd love to see Mika and La Roux do a colabouration together. COME ON MIKA AND LA ROUX, MAKE IT INTO A REALITY A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME AND A NIGHTMARE FOR THE BAD REVIEWER!!! :biggrin2:

I don't like Elly from La Roux's falsetto at all, now that I DO find screechy.:teehee:

What really annoys me is that despite this, La Roux are seen as cool and ok to like. The NME loves them. Yet Elly Jackson's voice is as Marmite as Mika's if not moreso (she is much more of a one-trick pony vocals-wise than Mika could ever be) :sneaky2:.

I know a lot of people..mainly men (?) just can't cope with the male high falsetto at all. However why does this stop some of these reviewers from seeing past that and appreciating the other facets of Mika's voice and overall talent?? And why is there always this camp reference..*yawn* he really isn't overly camp, he does NOT mince around in a pink cravate with a limp wrist and cries of "OOOOH get her! I'm freeee Mr Humphreys!". Or did I miss that interview??

:sneaky2:

Oh well at least they said it was catchy. Sorry for the minor rant. T4P Caz :thumb_yello:

I don't think Mika's *that* camp :boxed:

But then again I can be quite naive lol.

I agree Caz!

The camp remark is not true!

I know some camp people - they wouldn't consider Mika as camp enough.

The whole article is biased!

Like Mika or don't like Mika - but back your remarks with some solid facts.

This reviewer's head hasn't seen the light of day for awhile -I'm just saying.:roftl::roftl:

I agree Caz!

The camp remark is not true!

I know some camp people - they wouldn't consider Mika as camp enough.

The whole article is biased!

Like Mika or don't like Mika - but back your remarks with some solid facts.

This reviewer's head hasn't seen the light of day for awhile -I'm just saying.:roftl::roftl:

Define camp to me Kodes, i was never sure i knew what that reaaaawy meant, please...:wink2:

Many reviewers don't write about a musician, they just show off themselves. They say: look how witty and smart I am, how many clever and stingy words I know!

They are unpleasant, but who cares about them.

We know what the truth is! And Mika knows that we love him and his songs!

T4P.

I am not crazy about the remark, "High pitched prince of high camp is back!"

Oh Well!

I suppose we can't expect all the reviews to be good.

It still pi**es me off!:shocked::shocked:

These so called music lovers only gave Mika's album two stars. I emailed them to say I'd never buy their mag again!

Archived