North West England Mika Fans

Marilyn Mastin

Hi there!

I thought I'd try this idea!

How many of you, from the North West of England would like our own thread?

So many things relating to Mika happen in London or somewhere like Paris, but there could be opportunities for meet-ups, get togethers and events that we could organise for ourselves, expecially when there is no concert happening.

At the moment there are a couple of things we could get involved with.

There is the Global dance event on the 13th March where fans are asked to dance to BIOTG, in a flashmob (see thread) We could get involved with that if enough people are up for it.

We could also welcome the other fans when they come to Manchester on the 19th feb.

If anyone else has ideas, please submit them. I hope the NW fans will join the thread.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm ok thanks. I'll be there.

I can't wait. We've booked seats so there won't be a repetition of what happened in Blackpool! I still haven't got over how wickedly the staff at the Winter Gardens behaved towards me. There was absolutely no need for it! I don't exactly look like a terrorist or some other undesirable, do I!

Thank God those two Pixie Lott fans stuck up for me after I gave them my tickets and told them what had happened!

I've always thought it would be nice to interac with more fans!

Last time at Manchester me and Marc gave out lollipops! Perhaps we could do something like that and spread thw MFC word at the same time?

Great thread Marilyn :thumb_yello:

I've always thought it would be nice to interac with more fans!

Last time at Manchester me and Marc gave out lollipops! Perhaps we could do something like that and spread thw MFC word at the same time?

Great thread Marilyn :thumb_yello:

Yes, that's kind of the kind of thing I mean. A kind of Welcome to Manchester. The Manchester fans could certainly give out lollipops to the visitors to our turf! I think that is a brilliant idea! I'm in!!

• 2 weeks later...
Umm...where do we meet after the gig if he's willing to come out and meet us?

I want to know that too. I won't be standing so I might not be with MFCers who, I think, are mostly standing. It would be great to know where to head to afterwards, to wait for His Awesomeness if he decids to come and see us all.

I'll see you all later. I don't need to queue so I won't be there too early, but hopefully there will be time for a chat before the show. TTFN

I want to know that too. I won't be standing so I might not be with MFCers who, I think, are mostly standing. It would be great to know where to head to afterwards, to wait for His Awesomeness if he decids to come and see us all.

I'll see you all later. I don't need to queue so I won't be there too early, but hopefully there will be time for a chat before the show. TTFN

I had to go as soon as the show finished.

This is why I hate public transport. :sneaky2:

I had to go as soon as the show finished.

This is why I hate public transport. :sneaky2:

I was fortunate to be able to meet Mika! It was a wonderful gig wasn't it! I think he's getting better all the time! At the moment I'm listening to the chart show, up to now there is no sign of BIOTG, but I'm hoping it will be there.

I'm a Northwest England fan too (Wigan)

It was lovely to see other locals at the gig on Friday. The show was excellent wasn't it. I love the Apollo as a venue, it's a pity the security people/staff can be a bit of a pain sometimes..I mean, it was almost 7.15 before they opened the doors and they could see we were all frozen to the bone!! :shocked: But the actual physical venue is great I think, it's a good size for Mika, not too big, not too small.

I reckon next time I go and see him there though I am getting seated tickets..I am still deeply exhausted from standing for seven hours solid :blink:. I am getting a bit too old for that I think not to mention too unfit :naughty:.

I'm a Northwest England fan too (Wigan)

It was lovely to see other locals at the gig on Friday. The show was excellent wasn't it. I love the Apollo as a venue, it's a pity the security people/staff can be a bit of a pain sometimes..I mean, it was almost 7.15 before they opened the doors and they could see we were all frozen to the bone!! :shocked: But the actual physical venue is great I think, it's a good size for Mika, not too big, not too small.

I reckon next time I go and see him there though I am getting seated tickets..I am still deeply exhausted from standing for seven hours solid :blink:. I am getting a bit too old for that I think not to mention too unfit :naughty:.

Yes it was great to see you again Rach. Are you comming to London?

I have some sad news. BIOTG has NOT made the UK top 40.

I think it's terrible after all the hard work he's put in. I can't help thinking that if he'd have released Good Gone Girl he might have stood a better chance. I also love I See You and Touches You. But I have a feeling that the next single might be Doctor John, because Mika has now created the Doctor John character in his show. I do love Doctor John as well though. It could do very well.

But I'm gutted for Mika because of BIOTG not getting anywhere!

Yes it was great to see you again Rach. Are you comming to London?

I have some sad news. BIOTG has NOT made the UK top 40.

I think it's terrible after all the hard work he's put in. I can't help thinking that if he'd have released Good Gone Girl he might have stood a better chance. I also love I See You and Touches You. But I have a feeling that the next single might be Doctor John, because Mika has now created the Doctor John character in his show. I do love Doctor John as well though. It could do very well.

But I'm gutted for Mika because of BIOTG not getting anywhere!

It was nice to see you too.. I'm still giggling about the 'Who is best.. Mika or Gaga?' thing :naughty:

No unfortunately I'm not doing any more gigs this tour. But I was privileged to be at Manchester, I loved every minute.

It's a crying shame about BIOTG. I can't understand it. If I'm honest I think it is one of his weaker single releases, but I don't think that's the real problem here. For some reason, Mika just isn't connecting with the mainstream music buyer at the moment, maybe because of increased competition and/or the extremely fickle nature of music fans... we can all speculate as to why, but it's a fact. However, despite this blip I am more than ever certain (after what I saw on Friday night) that Mika is here to stay, a unique talent, and will have chart success again. He just needs the right song, a bit of good timing, and self belief (and possibly a word with his record company or distributor :wink2:)

It was nice to see you too.. I'm still giggling about the 'Who is best.. Mika or Gaga?' thing :naughty:

No unfortunately I'm not doing any more gigs this tour. But I was privileged to be at Manchester, I loved every minute.

It's a crying shame about BIOTG. I can't understand it. If I'm honest I think it is one of his weaker single releases, but I don't think that's the real problem here. For some reason, Mika just isn't connecting with the mainstream music buyer at the moment, maybe because of increased competition and/or the extremely fickle nature of music fans... we can all speculate as to why, but it's a fact. However, despite this blip I am more than ever certain (after what I saw on Friday night) that Mika is here to stay, a unique talent, and will have chart success again. He just needs the right song, a bit of good timing, and self belief (and possibly a word with his record company or distributor :wink2:)

Well there are two lights at the end of the tunnel which could help him a lot.

The first is the Boyzone/Mika song, which I pray and hope will be a huge hit. Mikey's performances on Dancing on Ice are keeping Boyzone in the public's minds atm, and there has been a lot of stuff written about the song, and of course, the fact that Mika wrote it.

The second thing is this collaboration with Red One, but it depends what happens with the song. Mika could do something like what Gaga did with Bad Romance, which was a totally new song that she brought out as a new single. Her previous two singles, Love Game and Paparazzi got into the charts, but because people had them on the album they didn't get to #1, but because BR was a totally new song, it got to the top spot. Maybe if Mika releases his Red One Collaboration song as a totally new song, he'll get another hit record.

That's just my opinion anyway. I saw Gaga at the MEN last Thursday, and her show was very good. But Mika's was beyond brilliant, so even though I like the lady, I adore Mika forever!

Hey guys.

I tried to spread the MFC love at Manchester but it was so cold! Lol!

Managed to talk to quite a few people as I gave out numbers so maybe we'll see some new faces.

As for BIOTG I'm really shocked! lots of people (not Mika fanatics) have told me it's a good song. I think that sales have been hit by the physical copy not being available. Not that it totally accounts for it but people like my mum wouldn't know where to being with downloading music.

No that chart positions matter to me as a fan but it is a worry from the Record company point of view.

Hey guys.

I tried to spread the MFC love at Manchester but it was so cold! Lol!

Managed to talk to quite a few people as I gave out numbers so maybe we'll see some new faces.

As for BIOTG I'm really shocked! lots of people (not Mika fanatics) have told me it's a good song. I think that sales have been hit by the physical copy not being available. Not that it totally accounts for it but people like my mum wouldn't know where to being with downloading music.

No that chart positions matter to me as a fan but it is a worry from the Record company point of view.

I agree. I'm part of the older generation who isn't used to downloading.

I think that maybe Mika could either look at our poll, or ask us what we think should be the next single? Maybe see what the fans say, after all, we only have his best interests at heart. Then he should hire someone who would make sure his next single is available everywhere.

Archived