The NEO Thread

holysusie

Ahhh... Kata... haven't seen her around here in a long time!

That's interesting that everyone learns English... I assume it's a compulsory subject. Do you get the opportunity to learn any other languages at school?

Yes it is and nowadays they start as early as 8 years old!

At 11 years old we get to chose a second language except from English.

German, Spanish and French are the most common.

Then we can choose almost any language we want in high school, like Russian or Chinese. It depends on if they have teachers available.

I went in an old school system and actually read Latin, that was fun and very useful in understanding French, Spanish and Italian. Not that I know them but I can recognise certain words.:wink2:

I miss Kata!:blink:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Neo already knows they have to explain it in english to me. When i met him the first time we desided after 3 mins time to speak english cos we just didnt understand eachother... we did use some swedish and danish words sometimes but 90% of the time in english. I was LOST when he sang a swedish xmas song for me... but i dont complain :roftl:

Had to speak english at the housewarming i went to this weekend too... BUT i understand it better now than i did 6 month time ago :thumb_yello:

Being on MFC is a great way to practise English, don't you think?:wink2:

Then we can choose almost any language we want in high school, like Russian or Chinese. It depends on if they have teachers available.

I went in an old school system and actually read Latin, that was fun and very useful in understanding French, Spanish and Italian. Not that I know them but I can recognise certain words.:wink2:

same in denmark...

same in denmark...

Really? Cool. I think it's great that younger kids start learning another language. Australia is a lot different to Europe in that we might only learn one language (and we probably forget it), whereas a lot of Europeans learn one or more languages and actually remember them!

In Oz, they don't generally learn another language until high school, though some schools in the outback teach students Aboriginal language (they teach the language of the tribe that is in the area). It's actually quite interesting. Languages aren't part of the curriculum though, there really isn't too much time left in the school day for another subject!

Most high schools teach a language in year 7 and 8, and offer languages after that as an elective subject. Most schools offer French, German, Italian,Chinese or Japanese, though I learnt Indonesian at my school. In the senior years there are up to 30 languages offered, including Hebrew and I think Latin. All depends on the language teachers the school has.

Really? Cool. I think it's great that younger kids start learning another language. Australia is a lot different to Europe in that we might only learn one language (and we probably forget it), whereas a lot of Europeans learn one or more languages and actually remember them!

In Oz, they don't generally learn another language until high school, though some schools in the outback teach students Aboriginal language (they teach the language of the tribe that is in the area). It's actually quite interesting. Languages aren't part of the curriculum though, there really isn't too much time left in the school day for another subject!

Most high schools teach a language in year 7 and 8, and offer languages after that as an elective subject. Most schools offer French, German, Italian,Chinese or Japanese, though I learnt Indonesian at my school. In the senior years there are up to 30 languages offered, including Hebrew and I think Latin. All depends on the language teachers the school has.

Interesting!:thumb_yello:

The reason we have to learn a second language as fast as possible in my country, and in many other European countries as well, is because our native language is so small.:aah:

Just think about TV, films and all the Internet!

On TV and on films you can get through with translations but there is no subtext on the net!:roftl:

Interesting!:thumb_yello:

The reason we have to learn a second language as fast as possible in my country, and in many other European countries as well, is because our native language is so small.:aah:

Just think about TV, films and all the Internet!

On TV and on films you can get through with translations but there is no subtext on the net!:roftl:

Oooh, okay...

And that's a good point (and how i love subtitles when I'm watching a movie in another language :naughty:)....

Ooooooh, glasses.... :drool::swoon:

i think this is my fave. with him wearing glasses:

468435.jpg

or this:

388892.jpg

or maybe this :naughty:

496584.jpg

Ok i cant deside. Looks freaking great on all of em... almost no matter what :naughty: Have some where i dont like the way he looks... but also old piccies w. diffrent hairstyle...

next fri/saturday :swoon::boing: I dont give a damn that i might freeze A LOT saturday outside... i wouldnt mind freezing to see Linus :naughty:

Edited by Dark Angel

i think this is my fave. with him wearing glasses:

468435.jpg

or this:

388892.jpg

or maybe this :naughty:

496584.jpg

Ok i cant deside. Looks freaking great on all of em... almost no matter what :naughty: Have some where i dont like the way he looks... but also old piccies w. diffrent hairstyle...

next fri/saturday :swoon::boing: I dont give a damn that i might freeze A LOT saturday outside... i wouldnt mind freezing to see Linus :naughty:

Nice! I do love seeing hot guys wearing glasses...

from this morning on his way to yoga... "created" 6:45 am :shocked:

569043.jpg

Holy crap it's dark! :shocked: