How to set up a fan page for Mika

Marianne84

I decided just a minute ago that Mika deserves a fan page in every language possible. I want to set up a Finnish fan page for him. Mika is not well known here at all. He is sometimes mentioned in minor articles, and the writers refer to him as the 'Grace Kelly singer' as if that's all he has ever done!

He has never been to Finland. I asked his first keyboard player Luke Juby in 2007 if they had any plans to come to Finland. He said that Finland is too far away and too few people would attend. I didn't agree back then, but I later realized that Luke was right. Well, partly anyway. We are not too far away!

Mika needs publicity here. I don't really listen to the radio, so I don't know how much they play his music here. Grace Kelly devided opinion in 2007, and I even heard Lollipop on the radio once. It was fun to recently find a good article about his gig in Oslo, but it was in a teenage magazine. He should be better known.

It's dull to talk about Mika to anyone here, because I always have to start from the basics, where he is from etc., when I just want to tell them all about my tenth time seeing him! :sneaky2:

So, I've decided to set up a website for him, and this way spread the lollipops and perhaps get him to Finland some day.

Any ideas on how to create a website for free? Can anyone provide me with pictures? I would credit you on the site. :thumb_yello:

I want to make him famous in my country! :wub2:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the links guys!

Wow, Ingie! Your page has changed (for the better) since the last time I looked at it. I want to create something similar, but maybe not as big... It will have to have a forum at least.

And I'm going to create new cartoons for it! :naughty:

I could translate good articles about him into Finnish. Any links to the best ones?

Wow, Ingie! Your page has changed (for the better) since the last time I looked at it. I want to create something similar, but maybe not as big... It will have to have a forum at least.

Thank you, hard work and devotion:wub2:

Can I use professionally taken unwatermarked photos like the one above to create the layout, or need I ask permission from the photo owners first? I don't even know how to contact them...

Just put a disclaimer on the site saying you do not own any of the images and if someone claims them, that they should contact you. :thumb_yello:

Please take a look at my art page. I don't have much there yet, but didn't I just write beautifully about Mika and us (in English too)? :biggrin2:

http://mikafaniklubi.weebly.com/fanitaidetta.html

This is great, Marianne.:thumb_yello:

You should get in touch with tiibet and see if she will let you use some of her photos and videos. She might write something too

Thank you! I'm happy you like it! Is my English good though? I want it to be perfect for the site... Let me know if there are things on there I could say in a better way. :blush-anim-cl:

I will ask Tiibet. Her pictures and videos are phenomenal, and the more Finnish people are involved in this the better.

I plan to write the facts only in Finnish, like Mika's discography that I already did, and I'm doing his biography next. But I will probably write everything else in English too, 'cause it's just too much fun! :biggrin2:

I decided just a minute ago that Mika deserves a fan page in every language possible. I want to set up a Finnish fan page for him. Mika is not well known here at all. He is sometimes mentioned in minor articles, and the writers refer to him as the 'Grace Kelly singer' as if that's all he has ever done!

He has never been to Finland. I asked his first keyboard player Luke Juby in 2007 if they had any plans to come to Finland. He said that Finland is too far away and too few people would attend. I didn't agree back then, but I later realized that Luke was right. Well, partly anyway. We are not too far away!

Mika needs publicity here. I don't really listen to the radio, so I don't know how much they play his music here. Grace Kelly devided opinion in 2007, and I even heard Lollipop on the radio once. It was fun to recently find a good article about his gig in Oslo, but it was in a teenage magazine. He should be better known.

It's dull to talk about Mika to anyone here, because I always have to start from the basics, where he is from etc., when I just want to tell them all about my tenth time seeing him! :sneaky2:

So, I've decided to set up a website for him, and this way spread the lollipops and perhaps get him to Finland some day.

Any ideas on how to create a website for free? Can anyone provide me with pictures? I would credit you on the site. :thumb_yello:

I want to make him famous in my country! :wub2:

Therevis a good website called http://www.yola.com it is a great website builder. I made my Mika Australia fan site using Yola. Check it out at http://mikainoz.yolasite.com

Thank you! I might have to try that if Weebly turns out not working the way I want. I've been trying to figure out how to put my own background picture on my website. It would have to a be in a zip file - this is giving me a headache! :blink:

I tried creating a website with that Yola thing, but it doesn't support Finnish letters. So I'm going to have to stick to Weebly and download a software that I can use to make a zip file. Hopefully this will all be worth the trouble in the end. :teehee:

Was it four times that Mika has visited Sweden? Just to get the facts right. Two gigs at Globen, where were the others exactly?

As far as I know:

April 2007 Berns

November 2007 Globen Annexet

Summer of 2009 Malmö? Some festival?

October 2009 TV show Skavlan and a small gig at Berns! ( Best one I've ever been to:wub2:)

March 2010 Globen Annexet

And he has been here before that, at least he did an interview in the Swedish MTV, sometime in the winter of 2007, I don't know if he did any singing though.

Archived