How do you think the third Mika's album will sound ?

Etoile2roses

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the next album has a bit of everything. Piano pop, Electro pop, Ballads. In other words, more of the same kind of music he's already done, only even better!

For the Electro pop songs he could get RedOne to produce them, for the others, Greg Wells.

• 1 month later...

OMG look what i found! :shocked: the cover of mika's new album!

2s69e1f.jpg

and i even found the tracklist:

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

4. blame it on the graveyard

5. big monster (you are beautiful)

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

9. pick your limbs up off the floor

10. bloody ending

doesn't it all fit perfectly to his live show?! :fangurl:

:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

(sorry, bit of a macabre mood tonight. :naughty:)

2s69e1f.jpg

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

10. bloody ending

:lmfao: :lmfao:

that's great :naughty:

Agree. :thumb_yello:

me too :original:

I hope the next album has a bit of everything. Piano pop, Electro pop, Ballads. In other words, more of the same kind of music he's already done, only even better!

For the Electro pop songs he could get RedOne to produce them, for the others, Greg Wells.

And J-pop! Don't forget J-pop!

2s69e1f.jpg

1. we are zombies

2. gray skelly

3. blue eyeballs

6. dr death

7. shot in the middle

8. billy bone

10. bloody ending

my ohhhhhhhhh my :lmfao:

:roftl:

that won't happen, most like ly. but, if it did, it'd be cool.. in an ood way.. :aah:

On the pic before i would say i like that he is shirtless, his wet hair and his invitation to "fun" right here and now look in his eyes... :naughty:

On the pic before i would say i like that he is shirtless, his wet hair and his invitation to "fun" right here and now look in his eyes... :naughty:

I saw a hat like that in Rue 21, and immediately thoght of that pic i made .. :lmfao:

I like that too.. :das: I don't know if his hair is wet though.. I think it's jell. :aah:

oh, well, still looks good. :naughty:

I saw a hat like that in Rue 21, and immediately thoght of that pic i made .. :lmfao:

I like that too.. :das: I don't know if his hair is wet though.. I think it's jell. :aah:

oh, well, still looks good. :naughty:

Probably... but it gives a nice wet kinda look...:naughty:

I hope so too!:biggrin2:

And I'm still waiting for a really happy love song. I mean the man must have been happily in love at some point.....:mf_rosetinted:

I second you on that!!!

Always thought: Not one really happy love song! Amazing. Even Love Today has this dark touch (you know, with the hooker)

But he said he writes happy songs because of his sad life. And that when pple write sad songs, they are actually happy in their normal lifes... Contradictory as ever... :wink2:

HOW ABOUT SOME JAZZ? HE CAN DO THAT!!

Considering that The Boy Who Knew Too Much is basically a continuation of the style and dressing of Life In Cartoon Motion, it would be obvious to say that Mika's third album will just be more of the same. But I had a dream.

I dreamt that Mika's third album was in a whole new direction. :shocked:

Now, the dream didn't say if that was good or bad news, but I think it will be good news, because if you look at other people's work, a lot of artists really hit their stride and found their unique voices with their third albums. It was like on their first two albums, they were just warming up. :cheerful_h4h:

I'm thinking of Prince, who shocked the world with his 3rd album, Dirty Mind, and Jesse Johnson, who really hit his stride with his 3rd album, Every Shade Of Love, and Wendy & Lisa, who shaped the direction for generations of female songwriters with their 3rd album, Eroica. :winner_first_h4h:

Maybe Mika will follow in their footsteps? :groupwave:

Considering that The Boy Who Knew Too Much is basically a continuation of the style and dressing of Life In Cartoon Motion, it would be obvious to say that Mika's third album will just be more of the same. But I had a dream.

I dreamt that Mika's third album was in a whole new direction. :shocked:

Now, the dream didn't say if that was good or bad news, but I think it will be good news, because if you look at other people's work, a lot of artists really hit their stride and found their unique voices with their third albums. It was like on their first two albums, they were just warming up. :cheerful_h4h:

I'm thinking of Prince, who shocked the world with his 3rd album, Dirty Mind, and Jesse Johnson, who really hit his stride with his 3rd album, Every Shade Of Love, and Wendy & Lisa, who shaped the direction for generations of female songwriters with their 3rd album, Eroica. :winner_first_h4h:

Maybe Mika will follow in their footsteps? :groupwave:

Yes, you are right!

And I think it was this singer, Sophie Ellis Baxter or something, who said: If you manage to make a good 3rd album, then you have made it. Many artists make a very good first one, not so good second one and the 3rd album divides the good ones from those who don't really last. So: big pressure on Mr. Mika. Suspence, suspence... I hope he makes it! :thumb_yello:

But he said he wants to make music like Beck... And I listened to the last album of Charlotte Gainsbourg with Beck - ughhhhh. Did't like it....

If you manage to make a good 3rd album, then you have made it. Many artists make a very good first one, not so good second one and the 3rd album divides the good ones from those who don't really last.

So true. :original:

So: big pressure on Mr. Mika. Suspence, suspence... I hope he makes it! :thumb_yello:

Me, too. :original:

I second you on that!!!

Always thought: Not one really happy love song! Amazing. Even Love Today has this dark touch (you know, with the hooker)

But he said he writes happy songs because of his sad life. And that when pple write sad songs, they are actually happy in their normal lifes... Contradictory as ever... :wink2:

HOW ABOUT SOME JAZZ? HE CAN DO THAT!!

Oh yes he can! :wub2: I'm thinking about his playing around notes in SITM and I really wish we could have more of that!:teehee:

Beck? = :rip_1:

Yes, cause he (Quote Mika, not quite correct but the meaning is the same) "is so free artistically and makes different albums, also some esoteric music"!!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I do not know where he said this, it was a question about the direction he wants to go, it was some print interview from the last months but since he did so many of those I am not sure where I read this...

Oh yes he can! :wub2: I'm thinking about his playing around notes in SITM and I really wish we could have more of that!:teehee:

Yes, right! He should try to improvise more on stage. OK, not at the big shows but at the smaller ones.... He has the voice for it at any rate. But I am not sure about his piano playing to be honest. :teehee:

Beck? = :rip_1:

i do love beck!! first time i saw mika i was: "hey!! this boy seems to me like becks style!! i´m gonna listen to his music!!"

and then i realized he was who sang relax!!! first i was disappointed (i love beck´s music) but then,when i bought the cd... well you know the rest of the story,i´m totally in love with mika!! :biggrin2: (and not with beck anymore:teehee:)

Archived