How do you think the third Mika's album will sound ?

Etoile2roses

I hope he doesn't change his style however I wish he would do an album that I can sing along to without getting dizzy...I can't sing in that high pitch. And I want him to add some heavy guitar to sound more rock. Keep the drums heavy too. Kinda like Queen. But not exactly.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want him to add some heavy guitar to sound more rock. Keep the drums heavy too. Kinda like Queen. But not exactly.

:roftl:

for that, he'd need to change is band though, as Martin could never replicate the sound of the guitar in GK the way it was recorded on LICM. It used to bother me a lot in the early days but now I don't even notice it as they changed that bit into a less challenging one.:teehee:

I hope he doesn't change his style however I wish he would do an album that I can sing along to without getting dizzy...

that one you can easily overcome by singing an octave lower :wink2:

I often do that :teehee:

what is a Boy issue? Is the boy a child or a teenager since you mentioned the first album is about childhood and adolescence.. Anyway, I don't think there is a clear dividing line between the first and the second album according to when these stories or experiences took place. Most of them feed from stories he was involved in / came across as a teenager.

I have discovered references to his "present life" experiences in several of his songs, particularly on the second album. I think no matter from what period the story is from, he can easily use it to reflect issues he is dealing with / emotions he has at the time of writing it.

Well, he said in an interview he has been using the word "Boy" so much in the second album, in the title but also Toy Boy, One Foot Boy, Lover Boy, Blame it on the Girls/Boys because it's about his adolescence & that the next album won't be about that anymore. I've read/seen so many interviews with him, I've forgotten where I saw it...perhaps in an Italian interview (will check that later on & post the link if I find it :wink2:).

Edit: Here's the interview, one of my faves: the "Boy" thing comes at 1:00

Because he also doesn't like to have this Peter Pan image, you know, like he's never grown up and still is a big child...perhaps he's fed up with it, because pple always ask: "Why do you still live at home with your mum...?" So I think he'll try to get away from it & be more independant in RL (like moving out or buying a dog etc.) and then also in his texts. Perhaps he'll even get someone else to design his 3rd album, who knows? Very interesting...

And about the references to his present life - which song do you have in mind? I've never tried to see it from this perspective, since he always said he's singing about earlier times, so it is interesting to hear your opinion on that.

Well, he said in an interview he has been using the word "Boy" so much in the second album, in the title but also Toy Boy, One Foot Boy, Lover Boy, Blame it on the Girls/Boys because it's about his adolescence & that the next album won't be about that anymore.

I understood that, I just can see it different from LICM as you said (and I agree) that it was also more about his adolescence than his childhood.

I mean, there were stories he heard as a child, but Lollipop is not about him having too much of them when he was a child..:naughty:

Because he also doesn't like to have this Peter Pan image, you know, like he's never grown up and still is a big child...perhaps he's fed up with it, because pple always ask: "Why do you still live at home with your mum...?" So I think he'll try to get away from it & be more independant in RL (like moving out or buying a dog etc.)

I think he knows he can't change people's perception of him and I don't think he will change is image / the way he presents himself and his music because of that. He is likely to change as he is getting older / bored with the same imagery ..etc.

And about the references to his present life - which song do you have in mind? I've never tried to see it from this perspective, since he always said he's singing about earlier times, so it is interesting to hear your opinion on that.

from the top of my head - GGG is definitely based on a recent story and not from teenage years and so is BIOTG, I think, and By the Time can't have much to do with his life. And, more importantly, no matter what story inspired him writing Blue Eyes in the first place, I think it does reference a real relationship and not an imaginary one. IMO, anyway.

I like this thread. I might read previous posts when I have a bit of time :original:

Brilliant:lmfao:

Mika's next album will be influenced by "German Schlager"

Best examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZdq1dTmsc&feature=related

Most of you don't understand the lyrics - believe me, that's better:roftl:

:roftl:

:puke::puking:

Eh!! What's wrong with German Schlager??:roftl: Since I'm 4 I have to hear this every time in the car.. My mother just loves ppl like Udo Jürgens or Daliah Lavi.. :aah: But u are right this 'Fernsehgarten'-show's really stupid..

The posts on this thread are really interesting.

One thing is for certain, the album will be about the past. When you've gone through a moment in time it becomes The Past, but his more recent past has a lot of stuff he could use. He certainly could use some of the many experiences he's had on tour and maybe some of the places he's visited have touched him in some way. Maybe a gift that he's been given might have inspired him to make up a story about it.

We can only speculate, and I for one, am really excited to see and hear what he comes up with. the only thing I hope is that it sells well and gets Mika another number one album and some hit singles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven actually listened to his first album for some time, the real album, not recordings from concerts, but I did today and I was thinking that these songs, especially the music, maybe not the lyrics, are so amazingly GOOD!:wub2:

Now I understand more when people say that his second album didn't reach up to the heights of the first one :wink2: I get that now!

So what I would wish is that he will get back to the basics, he doesn't need to lay the singing in layers, he doesn't need to make all that irrelevant noise!

He should concentrate just on the music, the clarity and the distinctiveness which became his trademark from the first album!:teehee:

IMNSHO!:biggrin2:

So what I would wish is that he will get back to the basics, he doesn't need to lay the singing in layers, he doesn't need to make all that irrelevant noise!

He should concentrate just on the music, the clarity and the distinctiveness which became his trademark from the first album!:teehee:

yes, back to simplicity and more organic sound.

IMNSHO!:biggrin2:

you learn quickly..:teehee:

• 3 months later...
and probably more crap, i just discovered that mika, like, totally plagiarised kick-ass!!!!!!!:shun:

OMG that wasn't me! I believed somebody has hacked into my account! he (or she) has also hacked into my facebook and twitter accounts, but i didn't know they hacked into my MFC account! I'M SO SORRY!!!! if my user has said anything mean, it wasn't me! I'm so sorry, i didn't know earlier! OMG! i'm so stressed!

I want Mika's new album would contains more interesting element. What I mean is sth like lollipop, happy ending, there are some different melodies on the song or some special element such as little girl's voice, little bit of love in Happy ending, doom da dalidali doom in love today, german in only lonely one. I think these sort of thing would make the song sounds more original and fun.

Also, I love the choir, it makes the song much more powerful. :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

Archived