The 'I have a hard-to-pronounce-name' thread

cisserz

Do you have a hard to pronounce name?

Are you irritated by all the versions of your name you get?

Post it here!

I'll start:

My name is Cicely. [sis-il-eee] It's hard to spell and say, here are SOME of what I've heard and seen:

Cecily

Sisily

Sosily (?!)

etc.

Fire away! :aah:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my first name isn't hard to pronounce but everyone seems to forget it easily and end up calling me Amanda instead of Amber :aah: I personally don't see the connection.

My last name is apparently impossible to pronounce though. Only one teacher out of my 14 years of scholl has pronounced it correctly :aah: My last name is Clidinst [cl-eye-din-st] I think it's pretty easy but I've gotten Cl-in-din-st, usually Clin-din-st (I dunno where they get the extra 'n' from :aah:) and once even Cl-in-din-st-y :lol3:

I've generally given up at this point. I just let people call me whatever they want :naughty:

my first name isn't hard to pronounce but everyone seems to forget it easily and end up calling me Amanda instead of Amber :aah: I personally don't see the connection.

My last name is apparently impossible to pronounce though. Only one teacher out of my 14 years of scholl has pronounced it correctly :aah: My last name is Clidinst [cl-eye-din-st] I think it's pretty easy but I've gotten Cl-in-din-st, usually Clin-din-st (I dunno where they get the extra 'n' from :aah:) and once even Cl-in-din-st-y :lol3:

I've generally given up at this point. I just let people call me whatever they want :naughty:

can i call you banana

I had to think about that one!! :aah:

Seems that a lot of "english-speaking-people" have a problem with my name: Saskia.. :blink:

So.. just call me Sas.. :biggrin2: (not Ses, though, Sas, with a, like... aaaawwwwww..:naughty:)

Even Sasje seems a problem for them..:roftl:

(don't want to laugh at you, but I always thought it is so simple..:blink:)

Seems that a lot of "english-speaking-people" have a problem with my name: Saskia.. :blink:

So.. just call me Sas.. :biggrin2: (not Ses, though, Sas, with a, like... aaaawwwwww..:naughty:)

Even Sasje seems a problem for them..:roftl:

(don't want to laugh at you, but I always thought it is so simple..:blink:)

A girl in my old class was called Saskia!

I always have people spell my name wrong, or call me something else :lol3:

Tayler. Pronounced the same it's spelt, tay-ler. But I get called 'Tyler' and some people spell it:

Taylor

Tyler

Tayla

Taylar

Even some of my family spell it 'Taylor'. So I just say call me what you want and spell it how you want. It doesn't bother me like it used to :lol3: It only annoys me when people say 'Tyler' to my face. It happens quite a bit. That's not my name :lol3:

It doesn't bother me if it is spelt wrong on here though, for some reason :lol3:

i love trying to say all your names :teehee:

mine is a little hard to say... and spell, though some people do get it right first time :)

i was just over thinking about your name Tayler lol

i would probably pronounce it Tayla but spell it Taylar i dont think i would of put an e unless you told me that was how lol if that makes sense:naughty:

i love trying to say all your names :teehee:

mine is a little hard to say... and spell, though some people do get it right first time :)

i was just over thinking about your name Tayler lol

i would probably pronounce it Tayla but spell it Taylar i dont think i would of put an e unless you told me that was how lol if that makes sense:naughty:

:lol3: It does make sense :teehee:

I think that I sound really weird when I tell people my name:teehee:

Hi. I'm Tay-LAR.

Where as my family :

This is- infact, my family doesn't even call me Tayler :lol3: Forgot about that :teehee:

Archived