The 'I have a hard-to-pronounce-name' thread

cisserz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it must be the same "e" as in my name?

i don't know :aah:

i always explain it like this, it's like they say in french "ils se...":teehee:

edit: according to that web, the e in your name is like in "pet" (like i thought) my e isn't like that :teehee:

http://www.pronouncenames.com/search?name=suvi

My name! But I think it's more like "So Ve" than "Soo Vee". (But not like the word "so"! O is pronounced more like in the word "zoo", just shorter...)

For Finnish people it isn't hard to pronounce at all, but I don't know if others find it hard...

EDIT: Aaaand here you can listen how it's pronounced:

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto|fi|Suvi

I'd like to know, but not to guess :teehee:

It sounds almost like the word "girl", with "il" on the end, and we pronounce the letter R with an roll on the tounge.

Girl- Giril- Gøril. Something like that. Did that make any sense? :aah:

It sounds almost like the word "girl", with "il" on the end, and we pronounce the letter R with an roll on the tounge.

Girl- Giril- Gøril. Something like that. Did that make any sense? :aah:

Sounds awesome !

My name is Kaisa. It's a simple name in Estonia, but foreigners have some troubles with it. :naughty: They never get it right. A British guy once added an "R" to it and got Kraisa. :mf_rosetinted:

Lol..:aah: i'm pretty sure that your name is nothing for me, right..:das:

• 5 months later...

Sorry for my poor english, boy the subject interests me. It's important for me to pronounce the name of a person like it will be pronounce. My name is Johanne. Not too hard to pronounce, bot i speak french then I like my name is pronounce as I pronounce it. Not Djowan bot joan. :) If not, it's like it's not me.:wink2:

all MFCers have interesting names and also difficult to pronounce:thumb_yello:

my name is Kimia and i heard it comes from Greek.some people write it Kimiya which is more correct,but i use to it NO BLAME ON ME! :aah:

you have to pronounce it like (ki-mi-ya) not (kim-ya):teehee: sometimes it's hard to say that's why some foreign pronounce it (mi-mi-ya) which is funny.:biggrin2:

Aah this isnt about me but my friend's called Dove, its pronounced the american way, just like the word dove :biggrin2: She was born in france and her fathers american but now she lives in germany, and really NOBODY says that name the right way :roftl: even I can't do it right.. :boxed: So its really embarassing when teachers call her or read out her name, my mum sometimes even says it like Doef :shocked:

Archived