The 'I have a hard-to-pronounce-name' thread

cisserz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first name (Ingrid) isn't really hard to pronounce, but here we pronounce it ING-GREE. My middle name (Louise) seems to be hard for norwegians to pronounce and write though, lol. I've been called and gotten letters addressed to Louis, Luis, and Lovis more than Louise.

I think mine is quite hard too for not-dutchies :aah: Well, it's sort of a scandinavian name, so...

My name's Inge.

My spanish teacher pronounces it as 'IE-NUH'. lol

Well, for me it's not hard, but Dutch is my native language so :naughty:

Well I don't think my name is THAT hard to prunounce: Stéphanie [the é is pronounced a bit like the A in English: STAFANIE]

don't know if that's clear tho :roftl:

but people seem to spell it always wrong, they spel it with 'f' instead of 'ph' or they forget the accent on the 'e' or both :teehee:

I know right!? Hatch dammit hatch! :aah:

hehe, still nothing? :boxed:

:biggrin2:

Yeah, they do and so do some of my friends :lol3:

My sister calls me Tayler

My mum calls me :aah: Tink :aah: [small obsession with Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, when I was younger]

My dad calls me Tayler

My brothers call me Tayler or Sister

My step-mum calls me Tay

And my friends call me Tayler, TayTay, Taylar and Caper :biggrin2:

Bit of a mixture there :teehee:

aww tink is cute! :teehee:

i used to always watch peter pan as well :naughty:

Well I don't think my name is THAT hard to prunounce: Stéphanie [the é is pronounced a bit like the A in English: STAFANIE]

don't know if that's clear tho :roftl:

but people seem to spell it always wrong, they spel it with 'f' instead of 'ph' or they forget the accent on the 'e' or both :teehee:

Is the é pronounced the same way the french pronounce that é? If it is I could totally pronounce your name.

well my names hiba...its not hard to pronounce. quiet easy actually. :aah:

but when people read it they sometimes pronounce it 'heeba' 'heba'

its pronounced hib-a. its like bib with a 'h' instead of a 'b' and and an 'a' at the end :biggrin2: - Hiba.

easy peezie lemon squeezy :roftl:

• 2 months later...

My name's Annemaaike, but allmost every teacher at school forgets the -e at the end..

And my gym teacher calls me most of the time 'Meike' or 'Maaike'

and that's very confusing because I have a Meike in my class.. XD

And she calls meike 'Annemaaike', so this year I listened to the name 'Meike'... :P

How to pronounce it correctly?? --> An- ne (not nee..) Maai (like My) ke (not keeee)

But my friends call me Anne-Mickey.. :P I actually don't know why..

But my best friend calls me Maaikie. Like Miky.. :aah:

My name's Annemaaike, but allmost every teacher at school forgets the -e at the end..

And my gym teacher calls me most of the time 'Meike' or 'Maaike'

and that's very confusing because I have a Meike in my class.. XD

And she calls meike 'Annemaaike', so this year I listened to the name 'Meike'... :P

How to pronounce it correctly?? --> An- ne (not nee..) Maai (like My) ke (not keeee)

But my friends call me Anne-Mickey.. :P I actually don't know why..

But my best friend calls me Maaikie. Like Miky.. :aah:

Complicated.:aah:

well my names hiba...its not hard to pronounce. quiet easy actually. :aah:

but when people read it they sometimes pronounce it 'heeba' 'heba'

its pronounced hib-a. its like bib with a 'h' instead of a 'b' and and an 'a' at the end :biggrin2: - Hiba.

easy peezie lemon squeezy :roftl:

i know how to say it my cousin has the same name thats y hehe :teehee:

• 1 year later...

Well.. My real name is Angeelika.. and well.. :D it's VERY difficult to explain how to pronounce my name..:aah: Most people say like "Anžeelika" or smth..:aah: Mostly english people...(no offence) :aah:

Well.. My real name is Angeelika.. and well.. :D it's VERY difficult to explain how to pronounce my name..:aah: Most people say like "Anžeelika" or smth..:aah: Mostly english people...(no offence) :aah:

wtf!? i didnt even knew that letter: "ž" :lmao: i just pronunce ur name "anne"+"gee" is that ok? :aah:

wtf!? i didnt even knew that letter: "ž" :lmao: i just pronunce ur name "anne"+"gee" is that ok? :aah:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: that's not my name at all.:roftl::roftl: I told you it is hard to explain

Isn't it something like "ahn-gee" but with that sort of acented z you had, that I don't have? :aah: Like, a "soft" g?

Umm.. ang.. it's like.. Like soft g...but it's not spelled like g in alphabet..:aah: in England I mean..:aah:

Archived