7 TUNES ~ This week's essential download tracks

Miro

7 TUNES This week's essential download tracks

California Chronicle

Sunday, May 02, 2010 10:06:15 PM

TAIO CRUZ FT. KE$HA Dirty Picture Britain's most exciting young producer teams up with the feisty sex kitten knocking out the best pop of the day, and you've got gold. This massve single will go straight to No.1 everywhere - and rightly so.

SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR Bittersweet The sometime pop star returns with her latest stab at a longlasting career - and it's a good one. This straightforward dance track suggests she's realised that's where her best chance lies. A good effort.

TONI BRAXTON Yesterday The beautiful queen of urban sounds is back - and incredibly, she looks as good as ever. That voice is still there too, a rich, honeyed carees which could make anything sound good. She's back - and she's brilliant.

FOALS This Orient It's difficult to listen to this track without tapping your feet. It's soaring pop perfection, with a feelgood ambience, catchy chorus and the vocals of frontman Yannis searching for belonging.

THE DRAYMIN Heart Attack A fantastic track from the Fife band that instantly hits you. It's pounding and accomplished with lots going on. Anguished pleading vocals mixed with a heavy pulsing background and tight instrumentation. Love it.

MIKA VS RED ONE Kick-Ass This is the Kick-Ass movie title track and it's annoyingly infectious.

Poppy and upbeat with a dancey background and shouty, call to arms vocals, with a Europe-pop vibe. Good fun.

ELINOR ROSE DOUGALL Find Me Out A track from the former Pipette and it's a little pop gem and a perfect song for her dreamy heart- wrenching voice. Her debut solo album Without Why will be worth checking out.

© 2010 Sunday Mail; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/144418619

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm good ish review for Mika but then they think the Taio Cruz and ke$ha one is good. When it is crap.

Also they are saying SEB brings out a dance track and realises that's where her best chance lies?

That's what Sophie does - dance tracks :blink:

Hmm good ish review for Mika but then they think the Taio Cruz and ke$ha one is good. When it is crap.

Also they are saying SEB brings out a dance track and realises that's where her best chance lies?

That's what Sophie does - dance tracks :blink:

:lmfao: I haven't heard the Taio Cruz and Ke$ha one. I liked Tik Tok, simply because I think it's a catchy summertune and I like the chorus, but her voice isn't the most stella thing I've heard lol. And yeah, SEB is a dance track dudette, what are they talking about? :aah:

Annoyingly unavailable as a single download on Australian iTunes...and never even heard of Japanese iTunes.

That is the meaning of annoying.

KickAss is a tremendous track...full of passion and heat.:aah:

at least they're calling it infectuous:aah:

Annoyingly unavailable as a single download on Australian iTunes...and never even heard of Japanese iTunes.

That is the meaning of annoying.

KickAss is a tremendous track...full of passion and heat.:aah:

KickAss soundstrack isnt available on Japanese itunes?

and you're so right, it really is a song full of passion!!

Archived