Interview in Dutch newspaper

Monie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the translation! :biggrin2:

It hardly sounds diva-like behaviour: wandering around a city by yourself and getting lost. That would not happen to, let's say, Madonna. "I always do it, where ever I am."

This reminds me of something. :teehee:

"I eat saltless, no butter and less as possible milk etc. And of course not too much fat."

Mika is probably the only person who would enjoy the stuff I cook! :roftl:

You should invite him for dinner then!:biggrin2:

For the Dutchies that don't have the AD: go to the store and ask if they still have it! I just did and got it for free! (:

:thumb_yello:

So I'm not the only one who cooks with almost no salt and absolutely no butter at all :roftl: we should share recipes:roftl:

Aweesome :biggrin2:

Always like it if Mika is in the newspapers.

He was also in De Limburger

http://www.limburger.nl/article/20100525/PINKPOP01/100529774

dunno if it was posted, think so :teehee:

Didn't see this one before...

Can someone translate it please? :biggrin2:

Google Translate :biggrin2: :

The fantasy world of Mika

One of the trendsetters at Pinkpop is Mika. The extravagant Lebanese-British singer conquering the pop scene with his energetic and lively songs and colorful shows. The word extra ordinary seems invented for him.

Ruud Maas

One meter long coat, full feathers and colors, Gerard Joling would prance with pleasure and envy. Even slightly reminiscent of the king cloak Freddie Mercury - one of his inspirations - often wore off Queen. It is clear that Mika, during his concert at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam on May 7, all brakes losgooit and the tops of his abilities will show.

His emergence is controversial. In a floating astronautenpak it on stage, with around one stars and planets. Victim of a rocket explosion, the sole remnant a suitcase with some valuable stuff. This gives rise to a potpourri of special adventures, bright colors, sweet pop songs and a lot of joy. A concert that is most reminiscent of a couple of beaten children in a hollow ball. To discover where he goes into his own fantasy world. The lock is festive: almost all the streamers, balloons, confetti and glitter that in the surrounding of Amsterdam to find, out of thin air. He lets the audience bouncing. When you see Mika action, splashing his love of entertainment from him. A show of the 26-year-old singer ensures a mix of a pop concert and a musical. It is theatrical and very sweet.

Or in the words of music magazine Oor speaking: "A hollow beaten candy universe." Because his show is over the top. Mika careens across the stage, dancing like a crazy and climbs on everything lore. Already a moment later, he plays very quietly on his piano all the fanfare and disappears for a moment. But mostly the party, because Mika is especially alongside singer entertainer. He is the David Bowie or Freddie Mercury of our time. But who is it that somewhat gangly, boyish man with curly hair? He's fascinating, because unpredictable, and perhaps even extravagant shamelessness.

Although most of the typical Briton born in Lebanon but its ultra high, sometimes overwhelming, voice. Back to the beginning. Mika on August 18, 1983 in Beirut born Michael Holbrook Penniman. His mother is of Lebanese descent and his father is American. If Mika is one, the families fleeing the country because of civil war. The family descends on Paris and London a few years later, the new home for adolescent Mika. He is a remarkable boy, and bullied. Mainly because of his (alleged) homosexuality and his 'foreign' voice. "I sounded more like a seventeen year old girl than a boy of twelve," he once said.

But that voice makes sure that he is eleven to sing in an opera by Strauss at the Royal Opera House. He has everything his own songs written and is busy learning to play piano. His Russian teacher found that it would not go great, partly because Mika by his dyslexia can not read notes, and she decides to give him singing lessons. Successfully. The onset of puberty for Mika when he realizes that he wants to escape the world. There must be more than boring school world, a necessary evil. He is living in the fantasy world that is central to his CDs and his concerts. Comic-like, with bright colors and fun, where extravagant characters as Billy Brown running around. He leads a double life since then. Mika when he studied at the Royal College of Music, he studies the classics during the day while at night enjoying all sweet pop songs writes. He stops the training to focus entirely on his debut album. A long time is just one of those songs waiting. They are weird and nonsensical found. Whenever a record deal in shooting lies ahead, think they are. The move to Mika Grace Kelly to write that his first big hit will be. "It was a middle finger to those people. A **** you song. The message was the only thing I want to be is myself and that's going to happen. " That's right, because it quickly gets that coveted record deal. Since then it goes fast, and his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion is a great success. The song Relax (Take it easy), his first Dutch number-one hit. Other songs such as Lollipop, are popular. In September 2009 published his second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. What Mika touches turns to gold. He has succeeded bigger, brighter and more colorful than the rest. He has conquered a place in the pop scene, which he dreamed as a little boy. "I will succeed, I said. Anyway. "

You should invite him for dinner then!:biggrin2:

Nope, I won't, because I already know his answer. :naughty:

Plus it would be a very unusual dinner: Mika drooling over the food, the hostess drooling over Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

What a couple! :roftl:

So I'm not the only one who cooks with almost no salt and absolutely no butter at all :roftl: we should share recipes:roftl:

I've found another MFC twin! :fangurl:

Never use butter either! And also hardly any salt. so we should have a cooking class together...he could show us how to make his 'famous' tomato sauce. :teehee:

Google Translate :biggrin2: :

The fantasy world of Mika

One of the trendsetters at Pinkpop is Mika. The extravagant Lebanese-British singer conquering the pop scene with his energetic and lively songs and colorful shows. The word extra ordinary seems invented for him.

Ruud Maas

One meter long coat, full feathers and colors, Gerard Joling would prance with pleasure and envy. Even slightly reminiscent of the king cloak Freddie Mercury - one of his inspirations - often wore off Queen. It is clear that Mika, during his concert at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam on May 7, all brakes losgooit and the tops of his abilities will show.

His emergence is controversial. In a floating astronautenpak it on stage, with around one stars and planets. Victim of a rocket explosion, the sole remnant a suitcase with some valuable stuff. This gives rise to a potpourri of special adventures, bright colors, sweet pop songs and a lot of joy. A concert that is most reminiscent of a couple of beaten children in a hollow ball. To discover where he goes into his own fantasy world. The lock is festive: almost all the streamers, balloons, confetti and glitter that in the surrounding of Amsterdam to find, out of thin air. He lets the audience bouncing. When you see Mika action, splashing his love of entertainment from him. A show of the 26-year-old singer ensures a mix of a pop concert and a musical. It is theatrical and very sweet.

Or in the words of music magazine Oor speaking: "A hollow beaten candy universe." Because his show is over the top. Mika careens across the stage, dancing like a crazy and climbs on everything lore. Already a moment later, he plays very quietly on his piano all the fanfare and disappears for a moment. But mostly the party, because Mika is especially alongside singer entertainer. He is the David Bowie or Freddie Mercury of our time. But who is it that somewhat gangly, boyish man with curly hair? He's fascinating, because unpredictable, and perhaps even extravagant shamelessness.

Although most of the typical Briton born in Lebanon but its ultra high, sometimes overwhelming, voice. Back to the beginning. Mika on August 18, 1983 in Beirut born Michael Holbrook Penniman. His mother is of Lebanese descent and his father is American. If Mika is one, the families fleeing the country because of civil war. The family descends on Paris and London a few years later, the new home for adolescent Mika. He is a remarkable boy, and bullied. Mainly because of his (alleged) homosexuality and his 'foreign' voice. "I sounded more like a seventeen year old girl than a boy of twelve," he once said.

But that voice makes sure that he is eleven to sing in an opera by Strauss at the Royal Opera House. He has everything his own songs written and is busy learning to play piano. His Russian teacher found that it would not go great, partly because Mika by his dyslexia can not read notes, and she decides to give him singing lessons. Successfully. The onset of puberty for Mika when he realizes that he wants to escape the world. There must be more than boring school world, a necessary evil. He is living in the fantasy world that is central to his CDs and his concerts. Comic-like, with bright colors and fun, where extravagant characters as Billy Brown running around. He leads a double life since then. Mika when he studied at the Royal College of Music, he studies the classics during the day while at night enjoying all sweet pop songs writes. He stops the training to focus entirely on his debut album. A long time is just one of those songs waiting. They are weird and nonsensical found. Whenever a record deal in shooting lies ahead, think they are. The move to Mika Grace Kelly to write that his first big hit will be. "It was a middle finger to those people. A **** you song. The message was the only thing I want to be is myself and that's going to happen. " That's right, because it quickly gets that coveted record deal. Since then it goes fast, and his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion is a great success. The song Relax (Take it easy), his first Dutch number-one hit. Other songs such as Lollipop, are popular. In September 2009 published his second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. What Mika touches turns to gold. He has succeeded bigger, brighter and more colorful than the rest. He has conquered a place in the pop scene, which he dreamed as a little boy. "I will succeed, I said. Anyway. "

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

Look at the discussion about my second album. Almost 2 million copies sold, that is 1/3 of his predecessor. Disappointing, people say. But I think the salesfigure is gigantic. Certainly for a dark cd on which there is a song about two boy dolls who fall in love with each other. That is why I don't listen much to others. I know my way, know where I want to go in my carreer and in my life."

I hope he hasn't browsed a certain TBWKTM thread on the forum lately. :sweatdrop:

I hope he hasn't browsed a certain TBWKTM thread on the forum lately. :sweatdrop:

Well I'm really glad he feels that way about the second album. I had been worried that he might have been upset that it hadn't sold more, but he seems okay about it, so that's good.

Besides, it could be that TBWKTM has just been slow to sell. Maybe as time goes on and more people get to know about him, the sales figures will rise. LICM has been still kicking ass in certain places. Maybe both albums will sell more when Mika goes to Asia and they go to his shows!

Well I'm really glad he feels that way about the second album. I had been worried that he might have been upset that it hadn't sold more, but he seems okay about it, so that's good.

Besides, it could be that TBWKTM has just been slow to sell. Maybe as time goes on and more people get to know about him, the sales figures will rise. LICM has been still kicking ass in certain places. Maybe both albums will sell more when Mika goes to Asia and they go to his shows!

I guess it's normal that he doesn't care that much if the second album is doing better or worse than the first one. He gave birth to both albums (:teehee:), they are the products of his hard work and creativity, I think he has got a totally different perspective on the sales issue.

In Italy the first album is often sold at a higher price than the second one. But I really don't think that sales and prices determine the quality of the music. I only hope that he sells enough to keep touring and performing live. :blush-anim-cl:

I guess it's normal that he doesn't care that much if the second album is doing better or worse than the first one. He gave birth to both albums (:teehee:), they are the products of his hard work and creativity, I think he has got a totally different perspective on the sales issue.

In Italy the first album is often sold at a higher price than the second one. But I really don't think that sales and prices determine the quality of the music. I only hope that he sells enough to keep touring and performing live. :blush-anim-cl:

*disturbing images*

:lmfao:

Thanks for posting and translating! :wink2: Good to know he's not bothered about the sales figures and that he doesn't mind being recognised but hates ppl judging him for other than his music.. as it should be!

Archived