Jobs

NIEN.

Do you have a job? After school or a real job?

Tell funny stories!

I have a job for after school just to get some extra money in. I work at a hotel where mostly the elderly stay over, and I'm their waitress. It's my first job so it's kind of nice that they're old. They are very sweet and thankful. A few days ago a woman ordered a cup of coffee. When I went to her table to give it to her: "Wow, this is real service! At home I have to make it myself and her they even bring it to your table!!!!"

She asked me if I went to school for being a waitress, since I was so polite. So cute.

And of course I dropped a bottle of bitter lemon.. and yes, the man who ordered it was all wet..

Job-stories! Now!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a job? After school or a real job?

Tell funny stories!

I have a job for after school just to get some extra money in. I work at a hotel where mostly the elderly stay over, and I'm their waitress. It's my first job so it's kind of nice that they're old. They are very sweet and thankful. A few days ago a woman ordered a cup of coffee. When I went to her table to give it to her: "Wow, this is real service! At home I have to make it myself and her they even bring it to your table!!!!"

She asked me if I went to school for being a waitress, since I was so polite. So cute.

And of course I dropped a bottle of bitter lemon.. and yes, the man who ordered it was all wet..

Job-stories! Now!

pls. hard-die geek fans, go and find the interview where he says he worked like a waiter!:naughty:

I have a summerjob. I work in a garden centre called Van Gastel.

I don't really have a funny story about it, but in the center they always have a huge christmas market that opens already in October. So when I work there in august everyone is trimming christmas trees and covered in fake snow, while outside it's 30 degrees :teehee:

I think that's quite absurd :aah:

I'm at the age of having had more than one jobs! Right after finishing school I worked at a commercial bank! I was a secretary and a PA (Personal Assistent) of the managing director. After my second shild (Maaikie) I stopped working, because my husband had his own business, and I helped him with the administration.

In those years I also had my own business, I was Cake decorator. Made many cakes, like wedding cakes (yes, once a cake was damaged before the bride and groom arrived!) and cakes for childrens birthdays.

Last year I had a job for almost 3 months! But I could'nt work for a boss anymore! She was younger dan I and told me what to do. But I had too long too much freedom to accept that! So after 3 months I took resign. And I felt so good then!

Sinds oktober last year I own a webshop, http://www.milieubewustwerken.nl

I guess succes will come one day, haven't had many clients yet!

But I enjoy live and my freedom! I paint, work at my computer a lot and go to Mika's gigs as often as I can, together with my youngest of my two doughters!

Funny stories? I can't remember any!

I've had a few jobs...

First job was working in a supermarket, and I got that job when I was 16... interestingly enough, I'm still working there! There's heaps of amusing stories from there, but most aren't family friendly... One story I can tell was the store had a Christmas party at the manager's house and some of the very drunk boys put a garden gnome in the manager's bed... :teehee:

I've also taught kids how to swim, worked in a butcher's (where the apprentice was checking out my underwear!), have taught in a few schools, worked in a community technology centre (looking after computers) and my current job is working in a school and looking after the laptops the government have given out to 14-16 year olds...

Archived