Addicted to cinema

Cecilia Barrios

Hello everyone!!!!

Welcome :biggrin2:

If you like the film in all ITS Aspects, in all genres.

If you're a movie lover here we can talk and discuss the new releases and major movies are now in Our Memory.

sinttulo21c.jpg

What is your favorite movie?

which genre you like more?

There much to talk about :wink2:

members:

1-Cecilia Barrios

2-Nix,-cis,f

3-Droopsy

4-funkycowgirl

5-LeiRe

6-tiibet

7-huikings

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome thread!

Some time ago I realized my movie knowledge is trash,because I haven't watched anything but tv movies.So I started watching,and watching and watching and I improved it :biggrin2:

I don't have favourite genre,but the themes I especially love are II World War,true lifestories and unusual things,like multiple personality development or how does family with 7 kids get by and stuff.I hate pointless movies.

And yeah,of course I like comedies and parodies,like Naked Gun,The Pink Panther(older versions though,I didn't like the latest one with Steve Martin and Beyonce),Bridget Jones Diary,Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and so on.They're not pointless,their point is to make you laugh :naughty:

To me a truly good movie, is a movie where everything 'fits'. I'm talking about the coloring and colors in general they use, actors who know what to do, transitions, and especially the music. The music needs to complement the movie imo. I can't tell you how much it annoys me when I'm watching a movie and I keep noticing the music. The best movie scores imo are the ones that 1) aren't noticed OR 2) truly enhance the emotions in the movie. Danny Elfman (one of my idols) is very good at the second option :thumb_yello: I also can appreciate a certain artistic side. A movie that sometimes doesn't focus on the story, but on the beauty of imagery and music.

e.g.: Edward Scissorhands, Mr. Nobody, The Lovely Bones, The Virgin Suicides, American Beauty, Amélie,

Another aspect for me is when I keep thinking about the movie, long after I've seen it. This can be because I thought it was so beautifully presented, or so emotional, so realistic, so sad, so funny. Again, like you see: all about the emotions. Something that shocks me, but not in a disturbing way. A few examples I love that have this: Donnie Darko, Gattaca, Requiem For A Dream, The Lovely Bones

What movie themes concerns, fate or destiny is a theme I will always appreciate in a movie. e.g. Serendipity, Happy Accidents, Sliding Doors, Donnie Darko, Just Like Heaven, Final Destination....

And genre, well, I love black comedies :teehee: : The Last Supper, Head Above Water, Serial Mom, Jawbreaker, Very Bad Things, Magnolia, Death Becomes Her, Fargo, I love you to death!....

oooh, great thread.

I'm a real movie junkie. I watch several films a week (have prime, the movie channel here in Belgium)....my favourite directors are Tim Burton, Roman Polanski, David Lynch, Almodovar, Mike Leigh, early Woody Allen, ...

A movie has to *grip* me. whether it's funny, tragic, dark, or whatever. Once I'm in love with a movie, I can watch it again and again.

As Droopsy said, the soundtrack is essential too, it's so obvious in the work on Lynch and Burton, but in general, it really makes a difference.

Looking forward to discussing movies in this thread!:thumb_yello:

Thanks I'm glad you liked the thread:thumb_yello:

Awesome thread!

Some time ago I realized my movie knowledge is trash,because I haven't watched anything but tv movies.So I started watching,and watching and watching and I improved it :biggrin2:

I don't have favourite genre,but the themes I especially love are II World War,true lifestories and unusual things,like multiple personality development or how does family with 7 kids get by and stuff.I hate pointless movies.

And yeah,of course I like comedies and parodies,like Naked Gun,The Pink Panther(older versions though,I didn't like the latest one with Steve Martin and Beyonce),Bridget Jones Diary,Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and so on.They're not pointless,their point is to make you laugh :naughty:

I also like movies that are based on in World War II, Life is Beautiful is a film that took her in my memories, the list of Gingles, Captain Corelli's Mandolin. The movies are beautiful and more time when they are true stories.

To me a truly good movie, is a movie where everything 'fits'. I'm talking about the coloring and colors in general they use, actors who know what to do, transitions, and especially the music. The music needs to complement the movie imo. I can't tell you how much it annoys me when I'm watching a movie and I keep noticing the music. The best movie scores imo are the ones that 1) aren't noticed OR 2) truly enhance the emotions in the movie. Danny Elfman (one of my idols) is very good at the second option :thumb_yello: I also can appreciate a certain artistic side. A movie that sometimes doesn't focus on the story, but on the beauty of imagery and music.

e.g.: Edward Scissorhands, Mr. Nobody, The Lovely Bones, The Virgin Suicides, American Beauty, Amélie,

Another aspect for me is when I keep thinking about the movie, long after I've seen it. This can be because I thought it was so beautifully presented, or so emotional, so realistic, so sad, so funny. Again, like you see: all about the emotions. Something that shocks me, but not in a disturbing way. A few examples I love that have this: Donnie Darko, Gattaca, Requiem For A Dream, The Lovely Bones

What movie themes concerns, fate or destiny is a theme I will always appreciate in a movie. e.g. Serendipity, Happy Accidents, Sliding Doors, Donnie Darko, Just Like Heaven, Final Destination....

And genre, well, I love black comedies :teehee: : The Last Supper, Head Above Water, Serial Mom, Jawbreaker, Very Bad Things, Magnolia, Death Becomes Her, Fargo, I love you to death!....

I agree with you.

That's what I love the film, which must be perfection and that everything fits good measure.

films than the argument and history accompanied with landscapes that together make one.

Good recommendations

oooh, great thread.

I'm a real movie junkie. I watch several films a week (have prime, the movie channel here in Belgium)....my favourite directors are Tim Burton, Roman Polanski, David Lynch, Almodovar, Mike Leigh, early Woody Allen, ...

A movie has to *grip* me. whether it's funny, tragic, dark, or whatever. Once I'm in love with a movie, I can watch it again and again.

As Droopsy said, the soundtrack is essential too, it's so obvious in the work on Lynch and Burton, but in general, it really makes a difference.

Looking forward to discussing movies in this thread!:thumb_yello:

If I recall afternoon we sat down to watch movies and ended up seeing more Than one.

Admiration for Tim Burton, the dark gloomy with romantic as I did in The Corpse Bride.

Of Course We Have much to talk about

Remember that old blog post of his?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296915/

"... the title character, a 9-year-old boy who builds stuff for astronauts... "

""Valentín" is a celebration of childhood innocence. But it's also about how lessons learned as a young boy shape the adult man he is to become."

Worth a watch :thumb_yello:

The first time I saw "" Valentine "was a child, almost adolescent, I saw with my mother and I remember my mother crying, then saw a second time and cried together, this film gave me goose bumps.

I also like movies that are based on in World War II, Life is Beautiful is a film that took her in my memories, the list of Gingles, Captain Corelli's Mandolin. The movies are beautiful and more time when they are true stories.

Life is beautiful by Roberto Benigni

The Pianist by Roman Polanski

Schindler's List by Steven Spilberg

La Bicyclette bleue by Thierry Binisti

Inglorious basterds by Quentin Tarantino(ok,this one is more fictional than historic,but the theme is still World War II :biggrin2: )

Those are just top 5 of my favorite movies considering this theme.

I love this thread, thanks! I watch many kind of movies, but I'm very sensitive and emotional, and sometimes movies will bother me too much or too long time after watching. I want to think of them afterwards, but not to be depressed for weeks, lol. I still remember seeing Reflecting Skin in the early 90's, when I was very young, and I can still remember how shocked I was. Also, I have seen Brokeback Mountains only once, though it's such a beautiful movie, because the whole theme is so shocking and sad.

I love beautiful movies (meaning both visual beauty and music). My favorites are Three Colors (Trois Couleurs) trilogy, Amélie and Lost in Translation. I watched Valentin when Mika mentioned in his blog, and I loved it, it was so obvious why he likes it, it's a beautiful movie.

Many of my favorite movies are from the 90's, because I lived for watching movies those days :naughty: Anyone remember Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (I like drag queen theme in general), Crying game or My Own Private Idaho (was thinking about that one and River Phoenix yesterday)?.

I like also old-fashioned romantic comedies, either old ones (from the 50´s) or movies like When Harry met Sally (I think they have their own purpose), happy movies like Groundhog Day (or Serendipity with the destiny theme as Droopsy mentioned) or old-fashioned family movies (watch them with the kids :biggrin2:).

Something's wrong with me when I see comedies (gender), then in my head

the story continues to resonate, and I suppose in my own comedy. I'm an emotional person, but not always.

Also try not to mourn, but sometimes the story touches me deeply, and ends up crying inconsolably.

I remember "The Sea Inside" Mar adentro is a Spanish film that deals with the life of a man who was quadriplegic, living life in a bed and dependent on others, until there comes a time when it chooses to end her life ) all ended in tears that day, if they saw or have the opportunity to see, is a sad story, but worth watching.

director Alejandro Amenabar, main actors Javier Bardem, Lola Dueñas.

I watch all kinds of movies, but I love comedies, family movies that you see and laugh without stopping, but also the drama (but it has to be very good), science fiction, police, the range is very large.

I hate movies that show how the future will be, but are not all as there are some that are good (those movies that are filmed in the 80 `and you are the future like hell)

What I noticed and I feel very good is that being from different generations can learn from the biggest and discover new films

I love this thread, thanks! I watch many kind of movies, but I'm very sensitive and emotional, and sometimes movies will bother me too much or too long time after watching. I want to think of them afterwards, but not to be depressed for weeks, lol. I still remember seeing Reflecting Skin in the early 90's, when I was very young, and I can still remember how shocked I was. Also, I have seen Brokeback Mountains only once, though it's such a beautiful movie, because the whole theme is so shocking and sad.

I love beautiful movies (meaning both visual beauty and music). My favorites are Three Colors (Trois Couleurs) trilogy, Amélie and Lost in Translation. I watched Valentin when Mika mentioned in his blog, and I loved it, it was so obvious why he likes it, it's a beautiful movie.

Many of my favorite movies are from the 90's, because I lived for watching movies those days :naughty: Anyone remember Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (I like drag queen theme in general), Crying game or My Own Private Idaho (was thinking about that one and River Phoenix yesterday)?.

I like also old-fashioned romantic comedies, either old ones (from the 50´s) or movies like When Harry met Sally (I think they have their own purpose), happy movies like Groundhog Day (or Serendipity with the destiny theme as Droopsy mentioned) or old-fashioned family movies (watch them with the kids :biggrin2:).

I really understand what you mean. Like I said, a movie is good to me if I think about it afterwards. BUT not in a disturbing way, when I watch a movie I like to be drawn into it you know, but sometimes the end is so shocking, or awful that this feeling can stay with me. I had this with "Das Experiment" as an example. An event in this movie had stayed with me for a long time and I even had a nightmare about it :blink: So obviously that's not something I like :naughty: Though I have to admit it was a good movie.

I've had this with a lot of movies I love. e.g. La vita e bella. So sad but so beautiful... Or "The Lovely Bones", I normally don't cry in the movie theater, but I couldn't control it this time! It was way too emotional. It can be depressing...

I also really love Trois couleurs: bleu; Binoche was magnificent in it:thumb_yello:

Of course I know it! (It's my name hehe) Very nice movie, I love the drag theme as well :thumb_yello: Another genre I forgot was 'road movies'. I don't really know if they have a specific name. But in thrillers these are my favorites! The genre where you have a crazy car or truck following you on the highway :naughty: My favorite one has to be 'Duel' (1971).

Something's wrong with me when I see comedies (gender), then in my head

the story continues to resonate, and I suppose in my own comedy. I'm an emotional person, but not always.

Also try not to mourn, but sometimes the story touches me deeply, and ends up crying inconsolably.

I remember "The Sea Inside" Mar adentro is a Spanish film that deals with the life of a man who was quadriplegic, living life in a bed and dependent on others, until there comes a time when it chooses to end her life ) all ended in tears that day, if they saw or have the opportunity to see, is a sad story, but worth watching.

director Alejandro Amenabar, main actors Javier Bardem, Lola Dueñas.

I watch all kinds of movies, but I love comedies, family movies that you see and laugh without stopping, but also the drama (but it has to be very good), science fiction, police, the range is very large.

I hate movies that show how the future will be, but are not all as there are some that are good (those movies that are filmed in the 80 `and you are the future like hell)

What I noticed and I feel very good is that being from different generations can learn from the biggest and discover new films

Oh yes! Mar adentro! How could I forget, it's one of my favorites as well, very very beautiful :wub2:

About movies concerning the future, I normally also don't like those unless the theme is about time traveling and trying to alter your destiny. A movie which is set in the future however, is Gattaca, which I have named above as well. This one really is worth the watch. Definitely a little gem:thumb_yello:

Sequels are never good?

There are films that continue to succeed after the second part, and often fail in the attempt.

This is not the case, but personally I felt when I see the second part I do not understand as much as the first. for example I happened to

Spiderman 2, Matrix 2 ( of the first film I understand, and then and the other was impossible.) Maximum Speed,Terminator 2: El juicio final.

do you think?

I'll come back on that one. I don't know, I'm pretty sure I've seen sequels that I liked just as much or more, but I'll have to think which ones they were and why :naughty:

This also brings me to this one: "remakes are never as good as the original one".

Again I'll have to think about that :teehee: Anyways, I'm now going to watch the 2006 remake of 'when a stranger calls', a movie from the 70's:naughty:

Sequels are never good?

There are films that continue to succeed after the second part, and often fail in the attempt.

This is not the case, but personally I felt when I see the second part I do not understand as much as the first. for example I happened to

Spiderman 2, Matrix 2 ( of the first film I understand, and then and the other was impossible.) Maximum Speed,Terminator 2: El juicio final.

do you think?

There are very few sequels that are actually good in my opinion. But Before Sunrise & Before Sunset are one of those:thumb_yello:

And I love this thread! I watch 3-4 films every week on average since I'm kind of a Film Studies major :teehee: The latest one I watch is Wim Wender's Wings of Desire. It's pretty good.... until the end :boxed:

I think it's fair to say I love all kinds of movies, though I never watch Hollywood romances in cinema :naughty: I'm mostly into European art cinema. A poetic screenplay can kill me! The last art film I watch and really got myself immersed in is Ingmar Berman's The Seventh Seal. It's EPIC I don't even know what I can say... truly a film beyond words!

Oh, and the last commercial film I watched should be a Hong Kong action film. The last last one was Inception, which I don't like at all :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry I just keep babbling!! I can see you girls have mentioned many films which I haven't seen, will try to check them out if possible! :biggrin2:

There are very few sequels that are actually good in my opinion. But Before Sunrise & Before Sunset are one of those:thumb_yello:

yes, those two movies are so good. To me they make one unity, you should have seen both.

I agree that most sequels are a let-down. usually they are more explosive, less storyline and/or cheesier than the first film. But like Droopsy, I also think that I must have seen films with good sequels...although nothing pops to mind right now. (although I shudder to think about Grease 2....:shocked:) :teehee:

yes, those two movies are so good. To me they make one unity, you should have seen both.

I agree with you, but now I feel I really need to see those two movies again, watched them a long time ago. But I just bought them on DVD a few weeks ago, so I can easily watch them again!

I never saw Matrix 2, I really didn't like Matrix at all :aah:

I think it's fair to say I love all kinds of movies, though I never watch Hollywood romances in cinema :naughty: I'm mostly into European art cinema. A poetic screenplay can kill me! The last art film I watch and really got myself immersed in is Ingmar Berman's The Seventh Seal. It's EPIC I don't even know what I can say... truly a film beyond words!

Hello .. welcome to the thread! :wink2:

Yes there are very few sequels that were successful,

I'll try to see that movie, since your recommendation is very good :thumb_yello:.

Archived