Mika inspired shoes - The Hindu

Miro

Do you remember the Mikaraja shoes ?

"This collection will have six styles on the whole, with just 500 shoes in each style since every pair takes about 20 to 60 hours to create. They will be released in December, and then one season later the women's shoes will make their debut along with matching handbags. “The shoes are inspired by the exuberance of India. Gwalior, the maharajas, the jewellery. In honour of Louboutin's great friend Mika (the British singer-songwriter) they're called ‘Mikaraja'.“"

Here they are ! :biggrin2:

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/mens-shoes/mikaraja-flat.html

mikara10.jpg

:lmao: Raja is right ! The pearls are a traditional design used in expensive neck pieces. I even saw such in "Nizam's Jewels " exhibition .

Oh great, Mika should be heading to India for his pre-album yogic flying lessons again on April 1, so they will be perfect. :thumb_yello:

Sounds fun :glasses2:

MIKARAJA !

pizapco.jpg

:lmfao: :lmfao:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[RANT]

How come I never see any news like this ? I was reading "the hindu" this morning ! :sneaky2:

3 lakhs ? do they think we're maharajas ??:sneaky2: You can buy a car in 3 lakhs... :aah:

[RANT OVER / ]

Even this old article says Mika was the reason louboutin started his men's line.I guess that's why he named them after mika-

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/06/19/stories/2010061950240100.htm

"When Mika, the Lebanese-American singer, recently asked Louboutin to design shoes, he began thinking of a men's line. . Jean-Francois Lesage is directing his team of artisans, who are carefully constructing flamboyant men's shoes, inspired by a large picture of the jewellery laden Maharaja of Gwalior."

• 4 months later...

Archived