Marc Martel - winner of Queen Extravaganza

guylainem123

I'm not sure if anyone saw/heard of this, but there was a competition called "Queen Extravaganza" organized by Queen drummer Roger Taylor & Brian May:

http://downloads.queenextravaganza.com/

well, the winners have been chosen & the singer will be Marc Martel, he is from Montreal. He is amazing!

here is his audition:

[YOUTUBE]dREKkAk628I[/YOUTUBE]

ellen heard of him & had him on her show:

[YOUTUBE]NyC77mlkyXA[/YOUTUBE]

Bohemian Rhapsody

[YOUTUBE]wGcDpnxtqsc[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if I understood all of this clearly; you mean Brian May and Roger Taylor made this competition to find who is going to be Queen's next singer? So they chose Marc Martel to replace Freddie? (Replace, you know Freddie will never be replaceable but you understand me :P )

I dunno if I understood all of this clearly; you mean Brian May and Roger Taylor made this competition to find who is going to be Queen's next singer? So they chose Marc Martel to replace Freddie?

No, i don't think so. I think this band will be touring & singing Queen songs, like a tribute band

I dislike tribute bands with a passion, but, oh my goodness, I'd go to that in a heartbeat. :teehee:

:teehee: i know! me too!

actually he tweeted tonight that his band (called "Down here") was streaming live tonight.

i went to look, but i think i missed it :dunno:

• 1 month later...
Dear god he has a BAND !? Where was it live streaming :o ?

he gave a shortcut, but i couldn't get it to work

either that or i was too late :dunno:

yes, he has a band & i think they won juno awards in the past (juno awards are Canada's equivalent to grammy awards.) i can't remember for which category, but somehow i think it was for christian music.

Archived