Video interview in French @ Cherie FM. fr about the upcoming album 15.06.2012

mari62

Here's another interview about the new album @ NRJ Radio

thanks Julie for posting the link on twitter! (Julia2a)

http://www.nrj.fr/videos-3964/interviews-reportages-4025/media/video/577899-mika-mes-chansons-sont-des-lettres-d-amour-.html

[YOUTUBE]j03W8IHd5nI[/YOUTUBE]

d/l http://www.mediafire.com/?1f5merow4q1ovoo

Edited by mari62
updating post

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The translation :

Can you speak about your new single " Celebrate " ?

This song speak about a sad emotion, it speak about a break up, about a sad moment. I woke up the morning and i feel a little better but i know that in all this sadness, if everybody begin to party and starting dancing, i'll show you it's ok. I feel far, i don't know where to start again, i feel far from my home, i don't even know where my home is but if i see everybody around me starting dancing it's gonna be alright.

what were your influences ?

it's from house music, pop from 90 in France but in the same time all is in live, it's musician in a studio, singing the song after that i worked with Nick and with a band called Empire in the sun and we cut all in the computer to have a sound like electronic instruments. So it sound like dancing and electronic but all is true.

Love is the subject of your new album..

Love is everywhere in the album.It's love songs but every song have a different perspective. So there are break up songs, songs like love letters. " I love you in every sense and this is all the differents way i can love you, you're this, you're this..." It's love letters completely passionate, there are no games, there are no codes, there are nothing.

What can we wait ( musically) on this new album ?

When we hear the album, it's clear it's an album i made, it's also very clear there are experimentations in the sounds, in the productions. I tried to make things with challenge. I tried to take the electronic part and give heart to it.

the music festival in paris..

I like the music festival. Personally i don't really like big gigs during music festival because it's a bit forced compared to the mind of the music festival. For me it's because there are music everywhere, ( he's saying place in paris ) with all people and the little dog, someone singing jazz in a place. I love things which can deconstruct things we think about a city. And i think that french people, parisiens have a talent to do things like that.

:)

Ooh...I know where he is...he just stole your precious Austin Healey! :naughty:

snoopy2.jpg

That's what you get for abandoning him, Mika! :teehee:

Thanks for the laugh! Snoopy is a good mechanic so maybe he'll be able to fix the car once and for good!

Thanks for keeping everything organized in the first post Marina & thanks everyone for posting and translating :flowers2:

Cant wait to hear L'amour dans le mauvais temps, I have a feeling it will be one of my most favorite songs:wub2: