Mika: video interview 'Cup Of Coffee' by WOTYOUGOT - 20.06.2012

mari62

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he did write Lollipop for his sister isn't he also reinforcing the taboo? I mean he's telling her to be a good girl and not to shag around non? :naughty:

Mika is full of contradictions :naughty: I think it is because she is his little sister and he wants to protect her.

Mika is full of contradictions :naughty: I think it is because she is his little sister and he wants to protect her.

I don´t think it´s a contradiction... I mean.. well, I think we all are the same. When we agree or disagree on anything, it´s not always at 100%. I´ve been raised in a Catholic town too, and in my family, for different reasons, they really believed in Saints, so, if you grow up listening to the same things during years, and not only listening, but also seeing people around you behaving in a particular way or another, you end up internalizing many things. It´s later on, when you grow up and you learn that life out there is not what they think, that you start to rebel against many of those habits you had (or your environment had) but still, you feel confortable with the ones that you think are right. Mika maybe felt that many of the "rules" were absurd, but hey, when it´s about protecting his little sister, those "rules" are amazing and the whole world should accept them :aah:

I don´t think it´s a contradiction... I mean.. well, I think we all are the same.

Mika maybe felt that many of the "rules" were absurd, but hey, when it´s about protecting his little sister, those "rules" are amazing and the whole world should accept them :aah:

I don't think it's a contradiction because some social mores (rules) transcend religion. You don't have to be Roman Catholic to not want your teenage sister being used and discarded by horny boys. :naughty:

People can reject the church's teachings on homosexuality, for example, without breaking commandments like killing people or sleeping with their neighbour's wife in order to be consistent. I was raised entirely without religion and no church has a monopoly on ethics and what is acceptable behaviour in a society or family.

I don't think it's a contradiction because some social mores (rules) transcend religion. You don't have to be Roman Catholic to not want your teenage sister being used and discarded by horny boys. :naughty:

People can reject the church's teachings on homosexuality, for example, without breaking commandments like killing people or sleeping with their neighbour's wife in order to be consistent. I was raised entirely without religion and no church has a monopoly on ethics and what is acceptable behaviour in a society or family.

I think Ethics and Religions are not that different, and in essence they both say the same. Sadly, Religion had used its force during thousands of years (against those who weren´t following their rules) in the name of a God (wtf?) cause things couldn´t stand in any other way... (Let´s see if I can be clear...) Of course it´s good to not kill people and not to steal and stuff. But not because God will be disappointed and he/she/it will kill you :doh:

The problem with religions comes when they use it to get the power (aka money). Catholic Church had had people submitted to its authority during two thousand years. If they only were coherent... but... Ok, like this one: in Eastern you can´t eat meat UNLESS you pay the Church a great amount of money :pinkbow:

:lmfao:

I totally agree, no one needs any religion to be a good citizen in this world. And happily (from my point of view) the more we are well educated and the more we can study, the more we realise how Church works... People my age had their first communion at 9. 95% of the people I know, they had. Now we are parents and we agree in the same: our children won´t have their communion. From my point of view, it´s a great improvement.

I think Ethics and Religions are not that different, and in essence they both say the same. Sadly, Religion had used its force during thousands of years (against those who weren´t following their rules) in the name of a God (wtf?) cause things couldn´t stand in any other way... (Let´s see if I can be clear...) Of course it´s good to not kill people and not to steal and stuff. But not because God will be disappointed and he/she/it will kill you :doh:

The problem with religions comes when they use it to get the power (aka money). Catholic Church had had people submitted to its authority during two thousand years. If they only were coherent... but... Ok, like this one: in Eastern you can´t eat meat UNLESS you pay the Church a great amount of money :pinkbow:

I totally agree, no one needs any religion to be a good citizen in this world. And happily (from my point of view) the more we are well educated and the more we can study, the more we realise how Church works... People my age had their first communion at 9. 95% of the people I know, they had. Now we are parents and we agree in the same: our children won´t have their communion. From my point of view, it´s a great improvement.

The rules of religion were made to govern life in society and our current laws are based on these rules.

I think it's more about restrictions than anything in particular. I grew up Roman Catholic and, the best way to describe it is, it's more a way of life than most other Christian denominations seem to be.

Catholic households usually have statues of The Virgin Mary and various saints. They have little fonts of holy water that you dip your finger in and make the sign of the cross on yourself, usually when you go in or out of the house.

My Nana used to also have a little lamp, that she insisted, needed to be kept burning all the time.

So it is very ritualistic. Some people might think of it as quite restrictive. Maybe Mika did too.

I didn't remain Catholic. Alan and I go to a very modern church with worship songs and clapping. Most of the congregation are Nigerian, and Alan and I feel at hime there. But many people are happy in the Catholic church. It's what suits the individual.

:thumb_yello:

The religion of my family is Catholic, I even went to a traditional Catholic school and still don't agree with some rules, by the way I don't like rules.

I also agree on the point that there is no need that we need religion to be good people, character, virtues, etc ... go beyond religion.

I liked the various points of view, it is always interesting to know the thoughts here. :wink2:

I am very shocking Suzie, are you saying that Mika is a liar on the MFC ? :mf_rosetinted::wink2::mikadas::mikalove::fisch:

No, that is NOT a lie, as far as I am concerned. It is providing an acceptable explanation to people without the ability or willingness to understand his songs or without him going into details about his private life. :fisch:

Sometimes when i hear a Mika interview, it feels like he speaks for the "general fan" or for the media... not particularly for people who follow his career closely. For them, what he says makes sense, they like (or don't) & they move on... We, on the other hand, study all aspects & from past experience, know what rings true & what makes no sense. :teehee: And then we'll hear it in the next 20 interviews :naughty:

yes, I perceive all these interviews that way. I like to pick what I think is relevant and find his explanations entertaining.

Edited by suzie