Mika: video interview 'Cup Of Coffee' by WOTYOUGOT - 20.06.2012

mari62

[YOUTUBE]buafJhZn15s[/YOUTUBE]

Just finished subtitle and uploaded on Youtube. Thank you for the transcript and original video :thumb_yello: will be used for promo purpose here ..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, so nice to see a long interview with Mika again. I've missed him. :wub2:

I agree 100%. Such a great interview!!! :groupwave:

It's amazing to finally hear him say he is happy enough and comfortable enough to start being more open about his private life. People took his talk of "labels" and being "private" so literally but you could read between the lines to see that there was a lot more to it than that. Really happy to see the day has finally come after all these years.

:wub2: It's nice to see how he's feeling so much more comfortable. I got a feeling that he's gaining a little bit of security with every album he's releasing.

Needless to say I really really can't wait to finally have a copy of this album in my hands. :)

Edited by mariposa

Mika Stunned To Hear His Song On Madonna's Album

Singer Mika was shocked when he listened to Madonna's new album Mdna and heard her singing one of his own songs.

The Grace Kelly hitmaker co-wrote a song called Bang Bang and was later shocked to hear an adapted version, renamed Gang Bang, while listening to the Material Girl's latest CD.

He tells pop music website Wotyougot.com, "Madonna heard the song because (producer) William Orbit presented it to her and I didn't know. As far as I was concerned it was just a song I was writing for myself. Madonna liked it and recorded her version and in the end she adapted it. I was never in the studio with Madonna. The song got changed countless times and in the end it was called 'Gang Bang' - probably because there were so many people who worked on it!

"It's kind of cool - It's my favourite thing off that last record. It's kind of grown up in a weird sort of way. It's got this bitterness about it, which is kind of cool to hear. I heard the finished product along with everyone else. She certainly wasn't asking for my opinion. I don't think she was interested!"

Is it just me, or they wrote it as if Mika didn't know that Madonna used his song until he heard the whole album? :doh:

Singer Mika was shocked when he listened to Madonna's new album Mdna and heard her singing one of his own songs.

Is it just me, or they wrote it as if Mika didn't know that Madonna used his song until he heard the whole album? :doh:

Yes this line is misleading. He wasn't shocked to hear her sing the song obviously.

I'm gonna see this men in two weeks :fangurl: Thanks for creating new thread :huglove:

What a great interview, Mika looks so happy and honest. Everyone who thinks that Mika is a sold out or lost himself with this new record, should watch this interview.. This could change their mind :fisch:

EXACTLY! :thumb_yello:

he is still the same boy I fell in love :mikalove:

I adored the interview!!! as everyone said, the fact that he was so relaxed, and talked about everything we wanted, made it a fantastic interview!!!! seeing him so happy, is great, specially thinking that if he's sourrounded by his family and friends, and in a very joyful and lovely atmosphere, we'll see that through his show, he'll put all his energies to make a wonderful tour!!! an I'm sure we won't let us down!!!! :wink2:

I loved the interview :wub2: all understand perfectly, part of piracy was very well placed for him, etc.

but I have a small and silly question, can someone explain to me what he meant here:

" ... on even my relationship growing up in a Roman Catholic household"

I know his family's religion is the Roman Catholic of Lebanon, but I do have something else I do not understand this part, English is not my native language and maybe I have missed something here or no? :dunno:

I loved the interview :wub2: all understand perfectly, part of piracy was very well placed for him, etc.

but I have a small and silly question, can someone explain to me what he meant here:

I know his family's religion is the Roman Catholic of Lebanon, but I do have something else I do not understand this part, English is not my native language and maybe I have missed something here or no? :dunno:

Roman Catholic is against gays...

I think it mean that his family is practicing Catholic and he suggests may be that it is not normally a very open environment of mind especially about sexuality.

Sexuality is a taboo for many people practicing a religion but seriously Mika has a lot of contradictions he wrote Lollipop for his little sister :doh:

Sorry I'm roman Catholic and I have no problem with gay people :doh:

You know in muslim's countries homosexuality is punish by prison or death I never see that in the roman catholic history :sneaky2:

i prefer saying the "roman catholic church" is against homosexuality

i may be catholic, but it doesn't mean i agree with everything the "church" decides.

Me either.:thumb_yello:

Sure :doh: as I did not think from this point of view?

I think it mean that his family is practicing Catholic and he suggests may be that it is not normally a very open environment of mind especially about sexuality.

Sexuality is a taboo for many people practicing a religion but seriously Mika has a lot of contradictions he wrote Lollipop for his little sister :doh:

I agree with that too :wink2:

thanks peeps :thumb_yello:

i prefer saying the "roman catholic church" is against homosexuality

i may be catholic, but it doesn't mean i agree with everything the "church" decides.

Sorry,it was a mistake because of languages. Of course I meant Catholic Church,not every catholic person out there.... I thought it was clear,sorry :aah:

Did Madonna Steal Mika's Song? :mf_rosetinted:

I was waiting for a title like that... I hope Mika won't get into trouble because of stupid journalists :no:

wow. that was fast...wonder what effects it may have on mika. hopefully no bad ones

in former interviews were he was asked about the madoona "collaboration" he never showed his "anger"(?) as much as in the cupofcoffee-interview o.O

Edited by Anney

Did Madonna Steal Mika's Song? :mf_rosetinted:

I was waiting for a title like that... I hope Mika won't get into trouble because of stupid journalists :no:

That site's as bad as the National Enquirer. Did you look at some of the other articles? MIKA PROMOTES SHOPLIFTING ZOMG because he said in another quote that he had stolen candy and toys when he was a child.

I can't imagine anyone takes ANYTHING they read there seriously.

I think it's more about restrictions than anything in particular. I grew up Roman Catholic and, the best way to describe it is, it's more a way of life than most other Christian denominations seem to be.

Catholic households usually have statues of The Virgin Mary and various saints. They have little fonts of holy water that you dip your finger in and make the sign of the cross on yourself, usually when you go in or out of the house.

My Nana used to also have a little lamp, that she insisted, needed to be kept burning all the time.

So it is very ritualistic. Some people might think of it as quite restrictive. Maybe Mika did too.

I didn't remain Catholic. Alan and I go to a very modern church with worship songs and clapping. Most of the congregation are Nigerian, and Alan and I feel at hime there. But many people are happy in the Catholic church. It's what suits the individual.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Catholic households usually have statues of The Virgin Mary and various saints. They have little fonts of holy water that you dip your finger in and make the sign of the cross on yourself, usually when you go in or out of the house.

My Nana used to also have a little lamp, that she insisted, needed to be kept burning all the time.

Maybe it was that way for you growing up in England, but having grown

up in an American Roman Catholic household, with childhood friends who

were also Roman Catholic, I can promise you that

none of our houses had a font with holy water in it or a lamp that

had to be kept burning! :naughty: And I have

no statues or pictures of saints around my house -- I don't think my parents

do, either. Anyhow, that's not the point really, it just made me laugh

because that really wasn't painting an accurate picture of what I know to

be the "Roman Catholic experience."

But I do agree with you that Mika was referring to the restrictive nature

of the Roman Catholic religion -- not just from the standpoint of

homosexuality, but in all things. Catholicism has a LOT of rules, not just

the Ten Commandments. You know, no sex before marriage, no birth control,

no abortion, etc. And of course, the Catholic church considers

homosexuality a sin, even though their official stance is to "hate the sin, not the sinner." Which I personally don't get, but whatever.

I don't want to get into any deep theological or philosophical discussions. :aah:

Maybe it was that way for you growing up in England, but having grown

up in an American Roman Catholic household, with childhood friends who

were also Roman Catholic, I can promise you that

none of our houses had a font with holy water in it or a lamp that

had to be kept burning! :naughty: And I have

no statues or pictures of saints around my house -- I don't think my parents

do, either. Anyhow, that's not the point really, it just made me laugh

because that really wasn't painting an accurate picture of what I know to

be the "Roman Catholic experience."

But I do agree with you that Mika was referring to the restrictive nature

of the Roman Catholic religion -- not just from the standpoint of

homosexuality, but in all things. Catholicism has a LOT of rules, not just

the Ten Commandments. You know, no sex before marriage, no birth control,

no abortion, etc. And of course, the Catholic church considers

homosexuality a sin, even though their official stance is to "hate the sin, not the sinner." Which I personally don't get, but whatever.

I don't want to get into any deep theological or philosophical discussions. :aah:

Well I was only sharing my experience of a RC upbringing, because the subject had been brought up a few posts beforehand by someone else. I'm not trying to get into any big discussions about it.

I never believed he did, actually. :naughty:

I never believed he did, actually. :naughty:

Sometimes when i hear a Mika interview, it feels like he speaks for the "general fan" or for the media... not particularly for people who follow his career closely. For them, what he says makes sense, they like (or don't) & they move on... We, on the other hand, study all aspects & from past experience, know what rings true & what makes no sense. :teehee: And then we'll hear it in the next 20 interviews :naughty: