Mika: video interview 'Cup Of Coffee' by WOTYOUGOT - 20.06.2012

mari62

My biggest issue with French interviews is that Mika doesn't express himself in the same way. They are never as revealing as when he sits down for a long period of time with an English interviewer or writer.

but he sounds sexier in french, there's the rub :naughty:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His best interviews are exactly like this, in which the interviewer throws a very simple question at him and he goes on and on and on with the answer. He's been putting a lot out to us this way. :naughty:

To me, the biggest reason why he's sounding so good is that he doesn't look worried about keeping that MIKA image that had to match his "old" songs. It feels like, with the new music, he's feeling ok to show everyone that he's happy, as if he's found out that it's actually alright to be happy and to look like a happy person, and ALSO, found out a way to demonstrate this as honestly as possible.

I'm not sure that my comment is making sense, though. :aah:

His best interviews are exactly like this, in which the interviewer throws a very simple question at him and he goes on and on and on with the answer. He's been putting a lot out to us this way. :naughty:

To me, the biggest reason why he's sounding so good is that he doesn't look worried about keeping that MIKA image that had to match his "old" songs. It feels like, with the new music, he's feeling ok to show everyone that he's happy, as if he's found out that it's actually alright to be happy and to look like a happy person, and ALSO, found out a way to demonstrate this as honestly as possible.

I am :teehee::teehee::teehee:

I am :teehee::teehee::teehee:

:thumb_yello:

happy happy happy :teehee::teehee::teehee:

:mikalove:

Super!! He's in love! I'm very happy for him! :mikalove:

I feel very ashamed, I stole his two new songs. :emot-sad: It's just that I wanted to listen to the songs on my iPod when I had no wifi connection :tears: But when the songs are available on itunes in my country, I'll buy them immediately. I swear!! :roll1: Say NO to piracy! :teehee:

Thank you very much for the transcript Christine! :flowers2:

My biggest issue with French interviews is that Mika doesn't express himself in the same way. They are never as revealing as when he sits down for a long period of time with an English interviewer or writer.
his French interviews are more approximative

but he sounds sexier in french, there's the rub :naughty:
haha :teehee:

it's definitely making sense :thumb_yello:

wotyougot is a great interviewer indeed! Love the way he asks questions

Edited by mari62
grammar

Thanks for translation in french ;)

That's a good moment for him to say that he is dating with someone, so it was the right thing to do with the right journalist, the way the interview is driving is very sweet...

About his collaboration with Dita, I don't see really the point about it, that's a friend of him, she could appear on a video maybe but for the rest... if it's to sing with him there are plenty talented singers out there that are waiting to have a chance... He has already a chorist... if it's all about "image" I don't see the point to have change things in his music, website and stuff...

Strangely, I really don't want to know who the lucky one is. For me just seeing Mika so happy and talking so warmly is completely enough. As long as this person has such effect on Mika I don't have to know anything. I even want that he keeps his private life private if he feels it's better for a relationship.

Does that sound sane? :blush-anim-cl:

Me too, actually. :thumb_yello:

I honestly hope he doesn't say who it is. The poor person won't get a minutes peace, one way or another.

That's very true.

To put it bluntly, we could do without another person that the fan community can direct hate at.

I thought that. He feels relaxed enough to finally get everything off his chest and tell the world he's happy. :teehee:

Thanks for translation in french ;)

That's a good moment for him to say that he is dating with someone, so it was the right thing to do with the right journalist, the way the interview is driving is very sweet...

About his collaboration with Dita, I don't see really the point about it, that's a friend of him, she could appear on a video maybe but for the rest... if it's to sing with him there are plenty talented singers out there that are waiting to have a chance... He has already a chorist... if it's all about "image" I don't see the point to have change things in his music, website and stuff...

I agree with you about the right journalist. He was such a lovely man and it was like Mika and he were chatting together rather than the usual type of interview.

Personally, I'd like Mika to (when he feels ready) tell us who the lucky one is. Because then they could be seen together in public as a couple.

But ultimately, it's up to Mika how he handles his relationship and I am absolutely happy and thrilled for him.

I agree with you about the right journalist. He was such a lovely man and it was like Mika and he were chatting together rather than the usual type of interview.

Personally, I'd like Mika to (when he feels ready) tell us who the lucky one is. Because then they could be seen together in public as a couple.

But ultimately, it's up to Mika how he handles his relationship and I am absolutely happy and thrilled for him.

You see, I look at this from the other persons viewpoint, maybe they don't want to be in the public eye, and perhaps Mika respects this, that's why he won't say who it is. If at some point they do feel comfortable, then okay, but it's not just Mikas decision.

You see, I look at this from the other persons viewpoint, maybe they don't want to be in the public eye, and perhaps Mika respects this, that's why he won't say who it is. If at some point they do feel comfortable, then okay, but it's not just Mikas decision.

That's a very good point. And it can't be very pleasant for anyone (sane) to have paparazzi cameras shoved in your face every time you go to get in a car with your partner, or want to see them.

I think they're doing the right thing keeping private/public lives separate, because he is a musician who needs a public image that doesn't interfere with his own life. Like Mika said, I'm sure most relationships last longer out of the tabloids. My opinion anyway.

If Mika was dating someone who didn't want to be in the public eye then there is nothing to fear from papparazzi I think. The British press at least have not been interested in Mika, unless he turns up somewhere with women more famous than himself. I think Robi is right that, unless it's Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, it is only fans that have any real interest in who he is dating. :wink2:

Thank you so much for the transcription! with this I can make Korean subtitle without listening it 5 times :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Well I have Test of English for International Communication this sunday...don't want to see thick books now so will listen and read this interview instead.... will be great help to get good grade :naughty:

Edited by Yuna

That's a good point you make. Maybe the it's the lover who doesn't want to be in the public eye. In which case, Mika would do right to keep things private, at least, for now.

'Start' and 'car' said in the same sentence said by mika!:wub2::wub2::mikacool::wub2::wub2:

I don't really want mika to say who it is. There's no need. This interview made me realise how private his private life is.

Am I the only who thought he meant the person was Nick at first?! Then I realised he said the album was made aboutthem, not with them!:teehee:

It does :thumb_yello: My thoughts as well :huglove:

I like to see Mika relaxed, happy and in love :wub2: