I like that idea. Okay. I'm updating front page. 1. In bed asleep. brief references. 2. Comes downstairs. 3. Maybe EMD Mother scene?

Wait, do we want some character development before she comes downstairs? I'm gonna draw from personal experience here. I'm just laying down, listening to music and reading, and that's the time when I'm really myself. Then I come downstairs, and basically have my whole life and interests assaulted by family members. It infuriates me to no end. I become a version of myself, a hardened version who needs an escape.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait' date=' do we want some character development before she comes downstairs? I'm gonna draw from personal experience here. I'm just laying down, listening to music and reading, and that's the time when I'm really myself. Then I come downstairs, and basically have my whole life and interests assaulted by family members. It infuriates me to no end. I become a version of myself, a hardened version who needs an escape.[/quote']

We could have a softer, more 'her' feel in her room, then what if we did something like a tunnel view walking down the stairs and you can look down and see all the things that she has to become in like a 'sea' at the bottom of the stairs. It's hard to explain, but I hope you know what i mean.

We could have a softer, more 'her' feel in her room, then what if we did something like a tunnel view walking down the stairs and you can look down and see all the things that she has to become in like a 'sea' at the bottom of the stairs. It's hard to explain, but I hope you know what i mean.

Ah oh god yes. Perfect. So then we have EMD mother screaming at her in French. And then next. A father? More characters? Chores, responsibilities, school, what?

Ah oh god yes. Perfect. So then we have EMD mother screaming at her in French. And then next. A father? More characters? Chores' date=' responsibilities, school, what?[/quote']

I thought we decided she didn't have a father? Maybe I just made that up in my head, but I could have sworn we decided not to add a father. That could help set the mood of her homelife. I suck at adding characters. I can always build on them, but adding them is rough for me. I think she should be on her way to school in the dream (I'm not letting this teacher hooker die)

I thought we decided she didn't have a father? Maybe I just made that up in my head, but I could have sworn we decided not to add a father. That could help set the mood of her homelife. I suck at adding characters. I can always build on them, but adding them is rough for me. I think she should be on her way to school in the dream (I'm not letting this teacher hooker die)

Okay, no father then. But she should have friends. Or some sort of human interaction. School we will DEFINITELY put in. We should have the hooker teacher! Maybe it's a strain for a kids book, but if the dream world reveals people's true personalities.. I mean, in real black and white world she could be strict and stuck up. It fits the pattern of what we're doing so far.

Okay' date=' no father then. But she should have friends. Or some sort of human interaction. School we will DEFINITELY put in. We should have the hooker teacher! Maybe it's a strain for a kids book, but if the dream world reveals people's true personalities.. I mean, in real black and white world she could be strict and stuck up. It fits the pattern of what we're doing so far.[/quote']

I agree. It's hard to work in for me because I've always pictured her as painfully introverted, but if you can do it, please please please share!! And who cares if it fits as a true childrens book. I say we should have no limits. asldfkja;slkfjasl;f I'm getting excited again.

I agree. It's hard to work in for me because I've always pictured her as painfully introverted, but if you can do it, please please please share!! And who cares if it fits as a true childrens book. I say we should have no limits. asldfkja;slkfjasl;f I'm getting excited again.

Right, but that's the point. She IS painfully introverted. Which is why I want human interaction around her for contrast. I like the idea of keeping boundaries. Because its not as pointfull (the opposite of pointless? ) if the audience is strictly confined to you and I.

Right' date=' but that's the point. She IS painfully introverted. Which is why I want human interaction around her for contrast. I like the idea of keeping boundaries. Because its not as pointfull (the opposite of pointless? ) if the audience is strictly confined to you and I.[/quote']

Okay! I'm game! But how do you want it to come up?

I know what you mean. We can use visual censorship, but I think the plot and references should be endless. So what if it's a bit risky? Life is a bit risky.

Okay! I'm game! But how do you want it to come up?

I know what you mean. We can use visual censorship, but I think the plot and references should be endless. So what if it's a bit risky? Life is a bit risky.

Well I'm thinking looking out the window (and this can be a point of reference later, with the whacky things outside the window in the dream world) and observing the children playing roughly when she goes outside to catch the school bus. And point taken.

Well I'm thinking looking out the window (and this can be a point of reference later' date=' with the whacky things outside the window in the dream world) and observing the children playing roughly when she goes outside to catch the school bus. And point taken.[/quote']

Ooh! I like it! Windows can play a crucial role while she's indoors anywhere. The window can represent the places she wishes to be. If anything is crucial enough for front page, let me know and I will add it. I don't want to get too carried away.

Ooh! I like it! Windows can play a crucial role while she's indoors anywhere. The window can represent the places she wishes to be. If anything is crucial enough for front page, let me know and I will add it. I don't want to get too carried away.

Gotcha! And as far as the writing style, while Im thinking on it, can we keep it very basic and narrator-ish? Typical kids story style, a few sentences a page?

Gotcha! And as far as the writing style' date=' while Im thinking on it, can we keep it very basic and narrator-ish? Typical kids story style, a few sentences a page?[/quote']

That' s excatly what I was thinking. Like, only there to help the story along I think.

That' s excatly what I was thinking. Like, only there to help the story along I think.

Perfect. :3 I'm pretty happy we've started back up.

Switching to my iPod because I have to go do homework. My responses may become even more brief than they are now. Just a warning.

:wink2:

Me too!! It's such a good thing to do. Keeps the mind moving in he right direction.

Even if we never finished it I think it's a nice thing to try. It's getting a bit late here for me to stay organized, so let's go back to SSR for a little. :naughty: I don't want to end up awake all night with ideas. :naughty:

Even if we never finished it I think it's a nice thing to try. It's getting a bit late here for me to stay organized' date=' so let's go back to SSR for a little. :naughty: I don't want to end up awake all night with ideas. :naughty:[/quote']

K!!