One long night of chatting on ChickenFM and Say Something Random Part: Super Sweet 16, Grace and I got a splendid idea. (Before I go any farther, this isn't a Mika project. This is for us) Judging by the fact I think Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is going to cause my arm to fall off, we came upon the topic of things we love to do with our hands. Art happened to be a common interest between us. Before long, we got swept away in ideas. One of which was that we wanted to write a book and illustrate it ourselves. Quickly, we decide it was going to be a trippy childbook, because thats the kind of illustrating I want to do when I'm older. Okay, I'm going to quit tell you the background story and skip to what we've decided on:

Okay, so far we've decided the main characters name will be Mika. This book will be 'based' in Westminster, England. She will be a girl, for drawing purposes. Our Mika will be probably about 15 years old. The story plot is (roughly) our little Mika will go to sleep, but this dream is just like waking up. But the difference is this dream is exactly like his/her reality, but altered in odd ways. Nothing is exactly as it should be. Synesthesia will play a part, as to give the feeling of not being able to tell weather what is happening is reality, a dream, senses, or a hallucination. There will be lots of elements to it, and I'm pretty pumped.:fisch:

Okay, so I made this thread for us to have a place to discuss our ideas and progress. If you have anything to say about our ideas, or have ideas of your own, we would LOVE to hear them! Hmm, I think that's all I have to say. So here we go!:thumb_yello:

Inspiration Quote

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

-Oscar Wilde

Man is what he believes.

Really SUPER BIG CLARIFICATION: I read through what I wrote yesterday.:doh: I need to clarify that EVERYBODY is welcome to join us!!! I'm really sorry for how I may have come across, and I'm VERY sorry to anyone I may have felt left out or not needed. It was very late (like, 3am) when this idea came about, and I will be the first one to my admit my wording made me come across as a... well... :badword:. If you have ANY small ideas or ANYTHING like that please post them here! If you would like be added as a main author (and be included in the WHOLE process) then PM me and we can find a job for you! Or if you already have a job in mind, you can do that! But whatever you do, PLEASE don't feel uninvited. :hug::huglove:

The main reason for making this thread instead of e-mails was 1.) ALL of our very big, MAIN ideas could be in one, solid space versus strung out in millions of late night letters. 2.) Other people could pitch ideas and join easily, and if they join later would have somewhere to reference to. 3.) Other people who aren't interested in joining, but still like the idea, can track our project in an open atmosphere! Okay! I really hope that helped anyone feeling left out! That was truly my fault, and I greatly apologize.:huglove:

Our Deviantart Information Ok!! Username: epicbookproject

Password: micahngrace

This is where you can add your illustrations and whatever else you feel like adding to the book!

Main Authors: Micah, Grace, Blanca, Gabriella

Specific Jobs: Please note that we can have more than one person for each specific job.

Gabriella- Writer

Emma- Editor

Annu- Art

Hanna- Writer

Cat- Art

Wendy- Writing

Clara- Art

The Story Plot, Character Development, and All The Jazz

Name: Mika

What She Looks Like: Hannah Murray-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTilaEIXK2bZRmFY1UczB5oBOCHxQ4c6OLg_WYd90xOU1RH_lXrimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhy7hBGx3XsoeAsYQtK5dqlxRcqNFIoPQ51GT5xUFsymfU7TwM

All The Rest:

-Include Gertrude all throughout book in random places-

-Story book feel-

-No father-

~1. In bed asleep. Brief references all around room as to give insight into future plot line.

-Her personality as the 'feel' of the room

~2. Walks downstairs. Maybe a stairway view. Perhaps from Mika's POV.

-Walking down with tunnel vision

- Sea of negative things she has to conform to in regular life at the bottom.

~3. Elle Me Dit Mother Scene.

Edited by Micah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be really cool to, when it's finished and if it turns out quality, scan it all and post it here. Maybe if it's REALLY nice, send it to a publisher. If you have any ideas at all, feel free to say!! I'm not sure how our artistic levels will gauge once everything starts rolling, so we may or may not need help in that department. :blush-anim-cl:

Okie, if this thread is just for you two...why dont you just PM/email or something? It would make more sense. Then you could post the finished product in the MIKA fan art thread...

I'm sure other people could pitch in for ideas- the original design of writing a book came about while chatting, so the first idea was just to start a thread. I think just chatting on here is a bit of a faster way of communication, and an easier way of accessing all of our ideas in one place. I'm sure that really long passages could be done through email, if it comes to that.:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks. I'm sure other people do too. This forum is for everyone...you cant create a thread and then say nobody else is invited to join, what's the point?

No, other people are welcome here! We need ideas and possibly artistic help.:teehee:

No' date=' other people are welcome here! We need ideas and possibly artistic help.:teehee:[/quote']

Ya, maybe...but from Micah's post it sounds more like 'we're in charge, you tell us your ideas and we'll interpret them....if *we/I* think theyre good enough' not 'everyone is invited to join and add their own ideas and bits, we'll all discuss what'll be in the final product.'

So it's not exactly including everyone and making everyone feel welcome...that's why I think it'd be better if it were done privately.

Ya, maybe...but from Micah's post it sounds more like 'we're in charge, you tell us your ideas and we'll interpret them....if *we/I* think theyre good enough' not 'everyone is invited to join and add their own ideas and bits, we'll all discuss what'll be in the final product.'

So it's not exactly including everyone and making everyone feel welcome...that's why I think it'd be better if it were done privately.

Oh, I'm sorry! We'll fix that right away, everyone really IS welcome here :thumb_yello: I'm SO sorry it came off like that, I don't want this thread to die before we even have a chance to use it!:aah::doh:

Oh' date=' I'm sorry! We'll fix that right away, everyone really IS welcome here :thumb_yello: I'm SO sorry it came off like that, I don't want this thread to die before we even have a chance to use it!:aah::doh:[/quote']

I swear' date=' as soon as Micah is here we'll fix the wording, I didn't want it to come off as rude or uninclusive AT ALL!:aah:[/quote']

It's ok, you dont need to be sorry :aah: Micah wrote it, not you...and she kinda made it clear what she wanted :P

xx

Oh my, so sorry that I didn't clarify! It was super late.:blush-anim-cl: If you would really like to join, PLEASE just tell me! I would LOVE to have more people on board! I read through what I wrote (:doh:) and I totally get where you are coming from. I will add to the front page and change the wording.

Oh my, so sorry that I didn't clarify! It was super late.:blush-anim-cl: If you would really like to join, PLEASE just tell me! I would LOVE to have more people on board! I read through what I wrote (:doh:) and I totally get where you are coming from. I will add to the front page and change the wording.

Micahhhh!!! Thank god you're here! That'll teach you to make threads at 5:05 AM:naughty:

:thumb_yello:This is what I was going for. I was just trying to say, if we don't really jive for the idea, or if the idea doesn't really fit with the plot line, it may not get added. :doh: I feel so stupid! That what I get for writing at 3am, I suppose.

:thumb_yello:This is what I was going for. I was just trying to say, if we don't really jive for the idea, or if the idea doesn't really fit with the plot line, it may not get added. :doh: I feel so stupid! That what I get for writing at 3am, I suppose.

Well it was 5AM here :) Maybe I shoulda wrote it :teehee: