http://jim.be/interview-mika

2012y08m01d221336250.jpg

Edited by mari62

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best interview for the new album so far! I LOVE talking about artworks, one of the aspects that fascinates me the most about a new album, aside from MUSIC, it's enough to say :naughty:

He finally said something about how the cover will look like, and I'm so glad he said it will be different! I found the concept very interesting, just using photos as wallpaper for the illustrations.

I just can't stand the type of artwork made just with a photo of the artist to the foreground, usually made ​​for albums by artists who bet everything on the physical appearance :mf_rosetinted:

So, as Mika said, the artwork is inspired by the album cover of 'Disraeli Gears' by Cream. (edit: pic previously posted ;D)

Great interview! He made me laugh a lot.

Mika's thought about the question:

'It was going to be less layered and more serious... But ...I'm

Mika and I don't really do serious or simple!Why did I even say it would be more serious and less layered?!'

How did I know it was going to be this way?

The album artwork sounds really cool , but he only has a month and a half until its release- eek!

loved this interview :fangurl: the interviewer was awesome ! she knew it all haha she didn't asked typical questions,i mean, we've seen thousand of interviews were he has to explain all the "gang bang" story .. this time he mentioned gang bang without even been asked for :aah:

I love how he describes the artwork. And personally I'm happy that the album is "kind of crazy layered", one of the reasons I like the studioversions of Mikas songs so much are these different layers in every song and each one is interesting for itself.

I love how he describes the artwork. And personally I'm happy that the album is "kind of crazy layered", one of the reasons I like the studioversions of Mikas songs so much are these different layers in every song and each one is interesting for itself.

Yeah, I was relieved about hearing him say that. That's what made me fall in love with Mika's music; The insanely creative and unique way he layered his songs. Made me feel so excited about music when I heard his first album.

Yes, I absolutely loved the artwork part! And when I first watched the interview I missed it (it's a long interview and I had to watch it in parts) and I totally missed how he told about photos combined to drawings! But I watched it again a couple of times and it was really interesting, and also I loved how he told about his "circus family" and about the people he works with.

And loved the interviewer, Mika obviously liked her and probably appreciated her a lot after some bad experiences in Switzerland :naughty: This was a good interview, one of my favorites :thumb_yello:

That's really good. T4P

A really great interview, which gave a lot of new info.

Love it! :thumb_yello:

I also love that he's so attracted to the music periode of the70ties - my own youth periode, which had the best music! :blush-anim-cl:

And now I'm even more excited about his new album, coming soon :fisch:

Love,love

mb

De interviewer is Eline De Munck, I saw her at the festival, but I didn't dare to ask for an autograph/photo :P

But ****, If I had known she would interview him, I would have talked to her and tried to get backstage ;P