MIKA @ The Vic, Chicago 18 October 2012

dcdeb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chimacuito, I would recommend getting there as early as you are able to. This show is most likely going to sell out, so if you want to be up front it's best to get in line as early as you can!

ok!!! thank youu i'll try to get the plane which arrives earlier! :thumb_yello:

The first time we got 2nd row and it was kind of hard to see because we're short but the second time we got 1st row and it was awesome!!! We hope to get there by noon or before. We're about 4 hours away. Last time we saved some spots for MFC'ers who got there a little later after us. Us MFC'ers have got to stick together.:thumb_yello: Hopefully we'll get to meet Mika afterwards. We're thinking about something maybe artsy to give him.:wub2: Can't wait to see you all there!

Twins:wub2::wub2:

The first time we got 2nd row and it was kind of hard to see because we're short but the second time we got 1st row and it was awesome!!! We hope to get there by noon or before. We're about 4 hours away. Last time we saved some spots for MFC'ers who got there a little later after us. Us MFC'ers have got to stick together.:thumb_yello: Hopefully we'll get to meet Mika afterwards. We're thinking about something maybe artsy to give him.:wub2: Can't wait to see you all there!

Twins:wub2::wub2:

yey! count with me! :thumb_yello:

Officially going to cry and sob myself to sleep at night until October now... This is so not happening.

As soon as my dad clicked to get the tickets, the icon switched to SOLD OUT.....

We need to petition Mika for a 2nd Chicago show.. for my own sake...

Edited by kasia87

It will be great to meet other MFC'ers! I can't wait! :mika3:

Does anyone know how this venue is for seating? Do you get a decent view from the balcony? Are there seats in the balcony? I was thinking of going to the balcony as well. My husband is coming with me and I know he would not be comfortable right in front of the stage. (unlike me!!!) He tolerates my MIKA obsession but doesn't really share my love of MIKA's voice and music. I do want to stay afterward and hopefully see MIKA. He stayed and talked to us after the Seattle 2009 concert and I was so impressed that someone would choose to spend some time with their fans.

Does anyone know how this venue is for seating? Do you get a decent view from the balcony? Are there seats in the balcony? I was thinking of going to the balcony as well. My husband is coming with me and I know he would not be comfortable right in front of the stage. (unlike me!!!) He tolerates my MIKA obsession but doesn't really share my love of MIKA's voice and music. I do want to stay afterward and hopefully see MIKA. He stayed and talked to us after the Seattle 2009 concert and I was so impressed that someone would choose to spend some time with their fans.

i think theres a balcony because it appears in the plans but im not sure. I was thinking of waiting for Mika at the end as well, i was just wondering where the artists entrance is in the theatre, since its my first mika gig i have no idea of where they tend to be, does anyone knows?:wink2:

They have a few pictures on the site, maybe this will give you an idea

http://www.jamusa.com/vic/pictures-general.htm

and here is the seating chart

http://www.jamusa.com/images/venue/seatingcharts/vicseatingchart.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. It gives me some idea of what the interior looks like. It looks as though anywhere you are at, you will have a pretty good view. I'm so happy to see MIKA perform again! Three years is a long, long time.

i think theres a balcony because it appears in the plans but im not sure. I was thinking of waiting for Mika at the end as well, i was just wondering where the artists entrance is in the theatre, since its my first mika gig i have no idea of where they tend to be, does anyone knows?:wink2:

I'm not sure where the artists entrance would be at that venue. I go to a lot of concerts (besides MIKA) but I have only waited afterward at the MIKA concert in Seattle 2009. We just waited around after the concert. We didn't know if he would come over to talk to us or not because of the late time. Also that was right after he injured his ankle in LA and he performed the entire show in a walking cast so he was looking really tired. But he came over to say hello and had his picture taken with us. When we left the theater we saw his bus so we just waited there until he came out. He came out the main doors at that venue not a separate artists entrance. He talked with us some more and signed some autographs. His people were telling him to hurry (they had to drive up to Canada and it was after midnight) but he took his time. I don't know if it is like this at every MIKA concert but I felt as though he truly appreciated his fans and he was happy we were there.

I'm not sure where the artists entrance would be at that venue. I go to a lot of concerts (besides MIKA) but I have only waited afterward at the MIKA concert in Seattle 2009. We just waited around after the concert. We didn't know if he would come over to talk to us or not because of the late time. Also that was right after he injured his ankle in LA and he performed the entire show in a walking cast so he was looking really tired. But he came over to say hello and had his picture taken with us. When we left the theater we saw his bus so we just waited there until he came out. He came out the main doors at that venue not a separate artists entrance. He talked with us some more and signed some autographs. His people were telling him to hurry (they had to drive up to Canada and it was after midnight) but he took his time. I don't know if it is like this at every MIKA concert but I felt as though he truly appreciated his fans and he was happy we were there.

I think he comes out almost after every concert so i hope we are lucky! Hope to se you there :):wink2:

Pandora I was trying to answer you last night but MFC just wouldn't take my post. :aah:

When Mika came out to see us inside the theatre in Seattle it wasn't a typical situation. It's something one of the MFC admins arranged with Team Mika before the show. The reason he took the group shot with us instead of us filing past like the rest of the fans is because MFCers had the chance to get individual photos with him in Oakland 2 nights before. Also he was pretty wrecked on painkillers which is why he came and sat down I think :naughty:

Anyway you're right that he does go out of his way to make time for fans, I think especially in the US. These shows are going to be special because he hasn't been back in so long.

Chimacuito there are never any guarantees but if he does come out, just stick with the other fans and I'm sure you'll get to see him. :wink2:

When Mika came out to see us inside the theatre in Seattle it wasn't a typical situation. It's something one of the MFC admins arranged with Team Mika before the show. The reason he took the group shot with us instead of us filing past like the rest of the fans is because MFCers had the chance to get individual photos with him in Oakland 2 nights before. Also he was pretty wrecked on painkillers which is why he came and sat down I think :naughty:

Anyway you're right that he does go out of his way to make time for fans, I think especially in the US. These shows are going to be special because he hasn't been back in so long.

Thanks Christine. I didn't know how that all works with waiting after one of his shows. MIKA is the only artist I have ever waited around for the chance to see. I'm not even sure if I will be able to wait after this show since my husband will be with me. Even though I would wait forever for a chance to see MIKA, my husband doesn't share that feeling. :sad: But I am truly excited to see MIKA perform live again even if I don't get a chance to see him up close. His music is what matters most to me. :mika2:

Thanks Christine. I didn't know how that all works with waiting after one of his shows. MIKA is the only artist I have ever waited around for the chance to see. I'm not even sure if I will be able to wait after this show since my husband will be with me. Even though I would wait forever for a chance to see MIKA, my husband doesn't share that feeling. :sad: But I am truly excited to see MIKA perform live again even if I don't get a chance to see him up close. His music is what matters most to me. :mika2:

Yes most husbands are not conducive to getting close to Mika. :no::teehee: I bet he'll be impressed with Mika's show though so maybe you can convince him to wait a little while...you know, just to talk to some other fans. :wink2:

Pandora I was trying to answer you last night but MFC just wouldn't take my post. :aah:

Chimacuito there are never any guarantees but if he does come out, just stick with the other fans and I'm sure you'll get to see him. :wink2:

Thank you so much! I needed help with all this since it's my first Mika gig :wink2: im sooo exciteeed!!! Cant wait to meet other MFCers there! :mikalove: just noticed youre going too! So i hope to meet you too Christine!

Edited by chimacuito

Thank you so much! I needed help with all this since it's my first Mika gig :wink2: im sooo exciteeed!!! Cant wait to meet other MFCers there! :mikalove: just noticed youre going too! So i hope to meet you too Christine!

Yes I wasn't sure but I am probably going to book my flight tonight so I will be there. I hope to meet you too! You're going to have a fantastic time. :)

Yes most husbands are not conducive to getting close to Mika. :no::teehee: I bet he'll be impressed with Mika's show though so maybe you can convince him to wait a little while...you know, just to talk to some other fans. :wink2:

That is so true! Most husbands are not conductive to getting close to MIKA! I am surprised that he actually wanted to go with me. I went with a friend to the Seattle concert because he didn't want to go and I think he heard so many stories of what a great time we had that he wants to check it out for himself. I know he will have a great time (he probably won't admit it!) but I know he will enjoy the concert. How could anyone not enjoy it! MIKA is such a great performer and so much joy and happiness are in the air that you can't help but dance! He might stay for awhile after. I just have to see how it goes. I am just happy he is going with me. It is a big step for him! :clap: