Kumazzz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In French or in English or both?

demander in french is asking

in english demanding is a stronger word, like ordering.

but you know, he was asked a question & he simply answered it... he didn't really "demand" but simply gave his opinion.... "he has to go"

In French or in English or both?

"Demander" (FRENCH) is like "asking" in English. :>

To demander 'd rather be "exiger", in French.

The idea was here that Assad has to go for everyone's sake.

Mika gives his opinion and hopes Assad'll leave, that's it ;)

We had election day in Quebec last night. We now have a woman as prime minister (a first).

In English we only use "prime minister" to refer to the prime minister of Canada. I know you know who you're talking about (:wink2:), but just to clarify for everyone else, that you're referring to the Québec premier and not the PM of Canada.

Of course this kind of thing affects us all...

I'm sorry for my bad english. :sweatdrop:

Should I change the name of this thread ?

"Mika is asking for the departure of Bachar al Assad "

or

"An Interview by Marc Olivier Fogiel : RTL.fr "

I read about it and was shocked. I sincerely hope that your country won't tumble into the political crap we've been in since we had our first political murder in 50 years or so a few years back...

I do have a questions for French and English speakers. In the thread name the word 'demand' is used, which as far as I understand is a very strong word, much stronger than just expressing an opinion. I find it a bit strange to be used in the context of Mika saying Assad should leave (it's not as if he's Obama or something). I know that he French article also used the word 'demander' in the title. But does that actually have the same meaning and also the same tone? Or is it more towards 'he would like him to leave' or 'he thinks he should leave'? I realize he used 'il faut' and that that is quite strong, but it still seemed like a bit of an odd headline to me.

"demander" simply means "asking" in French , nothing more .

Yes, that's what Mika says. I never doubted he was on the peace side :wub2:

May his voice be heard.

or

aww Eriko :group_hug:

The first name is the best one I believe :thumb_yello:

An article about the interview.

Syrie : le chanteur Mika souhaite le départ de Bachar Al Assad

header-logo-lp.png

http://www.leparisien.fr/laparisienne/actu-people/syrie-le-chanteur-mika-souhaite-le-depart-de-bachar-al-assad-05-09-2012-2151415.php

05.09.2012, 12h36 | Mise à jour : 19h27

On savait que le très populaire chanteur Mika avait des origines libanaises, mais sa maman est en réalité libano-syrienne. Invité mercredi sur RTL dans l'émission de Marc-Olivier Fogiel, Mika a réagi à la situation politique du pays de ses ancêtres, dans lequel il aurait déjà séjourné récemment.

«J'ai de la famille à Damas, j'ai des amis à Alep, tout le monde est inquiet pour eux, rapporte la star. C'est dingue qu'aujourd'hui autant de gens puissent mourir de cette manière… tellement proche de l'Europe… tellement proche d'Israël… c'est étonnant que quelqu'un puisse dire qu'il est en train de défendre son pays… pendant qu'il y a 20.000 morts sur le sol de ce pays…».

A la question de savoir si Bachar Al Assad devait quitter la Syrie, sa réponse est claire : «Oui, il doit partir», assure-t-il.

An article about the interview.

Syrie : le chanteur Mika souhaite le départ de Bachar Al Assad

header-logo-lp.png

http://www.leparisien.fr/laparisienne/actu-people/syrie-le-chanteur-mika-souhaite-le-depart-de-bachar-al-assad-05-09-2012-2151415.php

05.09.2012, 12h36 | Mise à jour : 19h27

On savait que le très populaire chanteur Mika avait des origines libanaises, mais sa maman est en réalité libano-syrienne. Invité mercredi sur RTL dans l'émission de Marc-Olivier Fogiel, Mika a réagi à la situation politique du pays de ses ancêtres, dans lequel il aurait déjà séjourné récemment.

«J'ai de la famille à Damas, j'ai des amis à Alep, tout le monde est inquiet pour eux, rapporte la star. C'est dingue qu'aujourd'hui autant de gens puissent mourir de cette manière… tellement proche de l'Europe… tellement proche d'Israël… c'est étonnant que quelqu'un puisse dire qu'il est en train de défendre son pays… pendant qu'il y a 20.000 morts sur le sol de ce pays…».

A la question de savoir si Bachar Al Assad devait quitter la Syrie, sa réponse est claire : «Oui, il doit partir», assure-t-il.

Translation into English:

Syria: The singer Mika is wishing for the departure of Bachar Al Assad.

We knew that Mika the very popular singer had Lenanese origins, but in reality his mother is Lebanese-Syrian. As he was a guest to Marc Olivier Fogiel's radio show on RTL on Wednesday, he reacted to the situation in the land of his ancestors in which he has spent some time lately.

"I have some family in Damas and friends in Alep. Everyone is worried about them " says the star. "It is crazy that today so many people can die in such a way.".....so close to Europe.... so close to Israel...it is amazing that someone can say that he is defending his country while there are 20 000 dead people on the ground of this country.", his answer is clear.

"Yes, he must go." he assures.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

or

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I was honestly confused by the languages. :huglove:

What is happening in Syria is so horrible. It's so sad to hear what's going on there even when you dont know anyone in the country. Imagine having friends and family there, how worried and hurt you must feel hearing all this news. Really hope this conflict ends very soon.

Thanks for the links everyone.

Translation into English:

Syria: The singer Mika is wishing for the departure of Bachar Al Assad.

We knew that Mika the very popular singer had Lebanese origins, but in reality his mother is Lebanese-Syrian. As he was a guest to Marc Olivier Fogiel's radio show on RTL on Wednesday, he reacted to the situation in the land of his ancestors in which he has spent some time lately.

"I have some family in Damas and friends in Alep. Everyone is worried about them " says the star. "It is crazy that today so many people can die in such a way.".....so close to Europe.... so close to Israel...it is amazing that someone can say that he is defending his country while there are 20 000 dead people on the ground of this country.", his answer is clear.

"Yes, he must go." he assures.

Anne, thanks a lot for the translation.:huglove:

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I was honestly confused by the languages. :huglove:

no problem :bye:

This thread's title is edited "Mika is asking for the departure of Bashar al-Assad 2012.Sep.04"

logo.png

Mika: «Il faut que Bachar Al Assad parte»

http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_stars/mika_il_faut_que_bachar_al_assad_parte_271416

Alors que la situation s’aggrave en Syrie, Mika, invité mercredi sur RTL dans l’émission de Marc-Olivier Fogiel, a indiqué sans détour souhaiter le départ de Bachar Al Assad.

En journaliste aguerri, peu de choses échappent aux griffes de Marc-Olivier Fogiel. Pas plus les origines libanaises –que personne n'ignorait-, mais aussi syriennes de la maman de Mika. Le journaliste n’a donc pas hésité une seconde à demander à Mika, qu’il recevait mercredi sur RTL, son avis sur la situation dramatique en Syrie. «J'ai de la famille à Damas, j'ai des amis à Alep, tout le monde est inquiet pour eux, s’est exprimé le chanteur écouté dans le monde entier. C'est dingue qu'aujourd'hui autant de gens puissent mourir de cette manière… tellement proche de l'Europe… tellement proche d'Israël… c'est étonnant que quelqu'un puisse dire qu'il est en train de défendre son pays… pendant qu'il y a 20.000 morts sur le sol de ce pays…».

A la question de savoir si Bachar Al Assad devait quitter la Syrie, Mika prend clairement position: «Oui, il doit partir. Il faut qu’il parte». Il rejoint ainsi les propos fermes tenus début juillet 2012 par le président François Hollande. Le chef de l’Etat avait alors attiré l’attention, lors de la réunion des Amis de la Syrie, sur le bilan dans ce pays «terrible et insupportable pour la conscience humaine et la sécurité», pour appeler l'ONU à agir «le plus vite possible» afin de soutenir le plan de Kofi Annan.

Les propos de Mika font également suite à ceux de Ban Ki-moon, le secrétaire général de l’ONU, qui soulignait la veille, mardi, devant l'Assemblée générale de l'organisation, «le tour particulièrement brutal » pris par le conflit syrien, où les combats s'intensifient tandis que les deux camps reçoivent des armes de pays étrangers.

En pleine promotion de son nouvel album, The Origin of Love, dans les bacs le 17 septembre prochain, Mika prouve qu’il sait durcir aussi le ton quand il le faut.