Article in the Observateur Culture

Sabine64

I just don't think anyone in England cares who he is dating or even if he is gay and that is never going to change unless something really controversial happens in his life or with his partner. Maybe other countries will be interested? :dunno: I don't know. But I think he'll be fine living in London.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think anyone in England cares who he is dating or even if he is gay and that is never going to change unless something really controversial happens in his life or with his partner. Maybe other countries will be interested? :dunno: I don't know. But I think he'll be fine living in London.

It´d be aired here in Spain. The first article I found about him just talked about his sexuality. Sadly we have more than 60% of pink press shows on TV(I think you call it yellow press??). No matter what time you turn your TV on, you can see how they follow singers, actors, politicians... just to show their privates lives. There are lots of people sueing (?) journalists and stuff, but... nothing changes. Football players like Ronaldo and Messi being stalked at silly am when coming out from a party... seriously. It works here. And not only about Spanish people or people living here.

Sometimes I feel we are not the South of Europe, but the North of Africa....

It´d be aired here in Spain.

I really don't think that is going to impact his day to day life.

The British press are also very interested in celebrity gossip but Mika just isn't much of a source. They used to get up in his business the first few months of his career but when they discovered he wasn't going to punch anyone or fall down drunk on the pavement in his underwear or have anonymous sex in the bushes of a public park or slag off other celebrities they lost interest in him. The popularity of his music is irrelevant. He just doesn't court that kind of attention with his behaviour.

I really don't think that is going to impact his day to day life.

The British press are also very interested in celebrity gossip but Mika just isn't much of a source. They used to get up in his business the first few months of his career but when they discovered he wasn't going to punch anyone or fall down drunk on the pavement in his underwear or have anonymous sex in the bushes of a public park or slag off other celebrities they lost interest in him. The popularity of his music is irrelevant. He just doesn't court that kind of attention with his behaviour.

It was like that,but what if suddenly his music becomes mega interesting? Because this new album is going to hit it....innit?

It was like that,but what if suddenly his music becomes mega interesting? Because this new album is going to hit it....innit?

LICM and Mika were everywhere in 2007 but he still didn't have paps hiding in his bushes.

I know the press is totally out of control and crosses many lines and there are people like sports figures who don't ask for this and are just trying to do their jobs. But you know a lot of celebs court this kind of attention with their behaviour. In 2006/2007 Lily Allen was no more well known than Mika for her music but she liked to get trashed in public and slag off other celebrities, get into public spats with people like Perez Hilton and Elton John, etc. so she attracted a lot of attention.

I am not trying to blame the victim because she was young at the time and entitled to make the same mistakes as everyone else and there is no justification for the harassment of paps and press. But there are ways to avoid becoming "a celebrity" and Mika has done a pretty good job of it so far.

Actually, I doubt we could find his boyfriend's identity. As said earlier, when Mika doesn't want to talk about something, he ensures to avoid mentioning anything related, or at least, he remains vague sooo I doubt we'd find his boyfriend's indentity :'> And anyway, knowing him happy is just enough for me. Trying to guess who it might be sounds pretty fun, though... (XD) ~

Gandalf could be his old friend from the "Friendship is timeless interview" ;D haha~