Article in the Observateur Culture

Sabine64

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mika is still with the same person that he was with five years ago, then it would make a bit of sense. Maybe Mika left him, then realized he still loves him and to prove his love, Mika decided to write TOOL :fisch:

that was my thought as well. he left the guy, later realized he'd made a mistake, and the guy took him back. do you all realize that in none of those interviews he said he fell in love with someone new? he uses words like all over again, but never that it was actually a new guy. so if we not only count what he says but also what he doesn't say, it makes sense. ;)

about the timing, maybe he already traveled to montreal once before the one time he tweeted about it? or he has his own definitions of words like 'weeks', 'months' or 'soon' :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

that was my thought as well. he left the guy, later realized he'd made a mistake, and the guy took him back. do you all realize that in none of those interviews he said he fell in love with someone new? he uses words like all over again, but never that it was actually a new guy. so if we not only count what he says but also what he doesn't say, it makes sense. ;)

about the timing, maybe he already traveled to montreal once before the one time he tweeted about it? or he has his own definitions of words like 'weeks', 'months' or 'soon' :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

But he does say that he fell in love "for real" now. So, if it´s the same guy... Mika was with him for 5 years without being in love with him?? WHAT A B***** :aah:

If I were the guy, I´d slap him right now. :mf_rosetinted:

What about this

2:04 AM - 17 Jan 11

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

today was good. two new songs, one beautiful one ****ing ace and column drama sorted, at least i know what to write about now

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

15 Feb

cant WAIT to share it all, esp all the new music. the hiding is working so bear with me x

15 Feb 11 MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Gonna up date you all soon as to what I've been up to. I've been loosing myself in the studio, and working on different projects.

And Montreal was 26.02

...he was obviously talking about those French songs / songs translated into French..

Also, it was in Montreal where he said to have written his first song in 1.5 years. :doh: So there are two ways to interpret it:

1., Mika not being the author of those songs he worked on with Doriand

2., Mika not considering those songs to be relevant any more.

I am for option 2.:teehee:

Edited by suzie

I think the album is just like EMD and it's not referring to a specific and recent incident but just his experiences and approaches to love over the years. And he's come up with this neat and tidy story of falling madly in love, conveniently, at the EXACT moment he started writing the album.

He is trying to distance himself from TBWKTM and provide a reason for coming out now instead of earlier. So this fits. Unfortunately I'm not sure the facts do. :mf_rosetinted:

But he does say that he fell in love "for real" now. So, if it´s the same guy... Mika was with him for 5 years without being in love with him?? WHAT A B***** :aah:

In the last 5 years he never really admitted he was in a relationship. I remember at the Grammy's one year he said he did not have anyone to celebrate Valentine's day with. So it was either just and on and off thing or he simply did not realize he was in love. Or maybe he wasn't. I don't find it hard to understand and accept... :dunno:

maybe both sides had agreed that it was a loose relationship? and he didn't want that anymore? :dunno:

or it's also possible that it was someone new, but that mika already knew this guy a long time and only fell in love at that point. in any case i agree that tool and uw don't sound like he's written them bout a guy he only had known gor a week at that time. but there are other possible explanations except that he's lying. ;)

in any case i agree that tool and uw don't sound like he's written them bout a guy he only had known gor a week at that time. but there are other possible explanations except that he's lying. ;)

Underwater I can believe but not TOOL. I think there has to be some history there to be discussing religion/guilt, etc. And if Mika is so addicted to someone then why did he bugger off to another continent a week after he fell in love with them? :lmfao:

This could be the answer. He's never said it was someone new, some hot guy he met in Montreal, but that he fell in-love again. I did think, when he revealed his love affair and said he'd split up with someone, then fell in love quickly again. I thought it was a bit quick, almost a rebound thing if it was true.

But I found it hard to think that Mika could fall out of love and in love quickly. Mika seems way to complicated as a person for that. I've always had the impression he doesn't trust people easily. But then to write an album about some new guy he just met.

doesn't sound like Mika to me. so this could be right, except we'll probably never know.

Mika's just not a "details person" when it comes to time, is he :naughty: That's the polite way of saying it anyway!

Either that or he is just fiendishly clever at bamboozling us with his time references, so that we'll never be able to pin down his romantic entanglements :mf_rosetinted:.

Mika's just not a "details person" when it comes to time, is he :naughty: That's the polite way of saying it anyway!

Either that or he is just fiendishly clever at bamboozling us with his time references, so that we'll never be able to pin down his romantic entanglements :mf_rosetinted:.

I think most people reading the interview aren't going to care about all the details, and wouldn't want to read a paragraph-long explanation about how he wrote a couple songs with a collaborator a few weeks before going to Montreal.

I have a problem, personally, where I end up offering too much information and babbling. Maybe he just wants to cut to the chase and not sound like a babbler. I don't judge that as a lie, really. :aah::teehee:

OMG that would be my worst nightmare come true. You thought there was a lot of emo drama over him dating Ida, that's nothing compared to this!! :shocked:

He seems like a nice person. And I have no clue about lyrics in French so it all sounds pretty to me:mf_rosetinted:

Dorian has a wife and children :mf_rosetinted:

I say he's in denial:mf_rosetinted:

Sorry but I'm really sure that there's nothing like that between Mika and Dorian they are only good friends :wink2:

Nick Littlemore has the same girlfriend since years :naughty:

Next....:naughty:

I wasn't serious. It wouldn't be anyone he's ever tweeted a picture of or kissed on the head in public, would it?

Edit: it could be the guy in the jeans that Melachi is blocking though

http://web.stagram.com/p/226099627849294256_179779999

And how on earth do I include a picture from instagram on here?

Edited by smokesignal