Article in the Observateur Culture

Sabine64

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This way the link is clickable. It would take me too long to translate the whole thing, and most of it we know, except that he says that he fell in love a week before leaving for Montreal. Of course it is Mika that is mentioning a time :mf_rosetinted:

I think the Google translation is fairly clear. And unless he fell in love with Nick Littlemore, the falling in love a week before doesn't make much sense. :naughty:

Monday Mika releases "The Origin of Love" (Barclay / Universal), an album with urban sounds which he is more mature than in the past, at the risk of confusing. He assumes this new "fearlessness": "When you cover praise, hindering you," says he told AFP.

Q: Your first two albums evoked childhood, adolescence. This is the first where you talk as an adult.

A: Yes, it's true. I hate the expression + + mature because never in your life you feel naive compared to what you are going through. But certainly there is a sense of affirmation on this disc, a way to say 'I'm going to talk about me as I want without + complex.

Q: This is an album that will confuse you are aware of?

A: Yes, this is an album that will polarize people. But I think it is good enough and it will interest or réintéresser people I had perhaps lost a few years ago.

Q: This is the first record where you talk openly to you.

A: Absolutely, I hide less behind cartoon characters. My first album was filled with references to real life, but through this technique comic I put out instinctively. Having grown up with the feeling of being an outsider, the way that I found to write songs that had to do through the eyes of these characters that I created. It sécurisait me. On the second album, there was also the message but it was less clear, there was less desire to communicate something strong. On this record, I say strong things, but hiding behind a character less.

Q: What was the starting point for this development?

A: stagnation. It's been a year and a half I was on the road and I had no reason to write. I was not in love, I was not angry, I was nothing, just a singer on tour. So I stopped, and then everything went crazy. Things have happened in my personal life, my sister had a serious accident and I suddenly realized that you could lose everything in thirty seconds. It gave me the boldness. When you praise covers, you hindrance. If you do pop with artistic ambition, you have the responsibility to make bold discs. When my sister went better, I forgot all prudence, I said 'I'm leaving and not coming back I + and I flew to Montreal.

Q: What has happened there?

A: When I landed in Montreal I had no song. I went straight from the hotel to the studio and an hour later, I wrote "The Origin of Love" which is the starting point of the album. Admittedly, it helped me to have fallen in love a week earlier!

Q: And after that?

R: I decided to seize the moment and write a whole album about the process - fall in love - and its mutations, write a collection of love songs unconventional the only thing that is common to everyone: the desire of humanity, self-esteem ... Love songs are not that piano ballads of the 80s and 90s. There is another way to write, that's what I tried to explore.

I think the Google translation is fairly clear. And unless he fell in love with Nick Littlemore, the falling in love a week before doesn't make much sense. :naughty:

I don't think Nick Littlemore was in London at the time, but indeed. Who falls in love and then a week after decides to pack his bag and leave, and stays away for half a year? You gotta be seriously messed up!

Or, since we can never speculate enough here, how about this one: his lover was going to Montreal and Mika only went to collaborate with Nick Littlemore because he needed an excuse to be in Montreal too :fisch:

Why not? Remember when he was on Gaydar radio? It was a few days before flying to Montreal and Mika said he's "kind of in love". Makes perfect sense to me :thumb_yello:

Why not? Remember when he was on Gaydar radio? It was a few days before flying to Montreal and Mika said he's "kind of in love". Makes perfect sense to me :thumb_yello:

So Mika meets someone, buggers off to Montreal on his own and spends 6 months writing an album about someone he only knew for 7 days? Riiiiight. :naughty:

Didn't he also say he left his bf of 5 years to go write the album because he was blaming him for writer's block?

You know Mika if you don't want to talk about it. Just DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. :mf_rosetinted:

So Mika meets someone, buggers off to Montreal on his own and spends 6 months writing an album about someone he only knew for 7 days? Riiiiight. :naughty:

Didn't he also say he left his bf of 5 years to go write the album because he was blaming him for writer's block?

You know Mika if you don't want to talk about it. Just DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. :mf_rosetinted:

what she said!!! :aah::aah::aah:

What about this

2:04 AM - 17 Jan 11

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

today was good. two new songs, one beautiful one ****ing ace and column drama sorted, at least i know what to write about now

15 Feb

cant WAIT to share it all, esp all the new music. the hiding is working so bear with me x

15 Feb 11 MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Gonna up date you all soon as to what I've been up to. I've been loosing myself in the studio, and working on different projects.

And Montreal was 26.02

:fisch: He probably thinks that people who read these magazine interviews etc don't pay attention to dates, timelines or logic :naughty:

And this is the reason he should never allow any of us to interview him... laying out a timeline in front of him and asking: so... explain yourself Mr?

He even contradicts himself at meet and greets!!!

me: Mika, is overrated the same song?

Mika: no, no, it´s a completely different song.

me: so, it has nothing to do with the demo...

Mika: .... oh well.... a part it´s like the demo, but the rest is different...:aah:

yeah, he even smiled....

:fisch: He probably thinks that people who read these magazine interviews etc don't pay attention to dates, timelines or logic :naughty:

On the other hand, it is WE who pays attention so thoroughly, and for him it was so long time ago, and he didn't pay much attention to dates at those days :dunno:

But anyway, he looked so cute in those photos with Nick! :wub2:

What about this

2:04 AM - 17 Jan 11

today was good. two new songs, one beautiful one ****ing ace and column drama sorted, at least i know what to write about now

15 Feb

cant WAIT to share it all, esp all the new music. the hiding is working so bear with me x

15 Feb 11 MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Gonna up date you all soon as to what I've been up to. I've been loosing myself in the studio, and working on different projects.

And Montreal was 26.02

Exactly. :fisch:

I mentioned this the other day...he has been misleading about the writer's block and his trip to Montreal because he was already writing with Doriand.

We asked him to play one of the new songs at the points gig in January which was a full month before he went to Montreal.

If Mika is still with the same person that he was with five years ago, then it would make a bit of sense. Maybe Mika left him, then realized he still loves him and to prove his love, Mika decided to write TOOL :fisch:

If Mika is still with the same person that he was with five years ago, then it would make a bit of sense. Maybe Mika left him, then realized he still loves him and to prove his love, Mika decided to write TOOL :fisch:

If I were his lover and Mika decided to make our affair public, I´d disappear....:mf_rosetinted:

On the other hand, it is WE who pays attention so thoroughly, and for him it was so long time ago, and he didn't pay much attention to dates at those days :dunno:

It's not the specific dates that are the issue but the stories. Either he was suffering from writer's block when he went to Montreal or not. Either he met someone new a week before he went to Montreal or not. Either he wrote the songs about someone he just met or he didn't.

One thing Mika has been saying repeatedly lately that I do believe is that what he talks in interviews is nonsense and what is in his lyrics are the truth. I think he feels confident enough that people will never understand what lies behind the lyrics enough that they won't reveal anything he doesn't want revealed.

He even contradicts himself at meet and greets!!!

me: Mika, is overrated the same song?

Mika: no, no, it´s a completely different song.

me: so, it has nothing to do with the demo...

Mika: .... oh well.... a part it´s like the demo, but the rest is different...:aah:

yeah, he even smiled....

Yeah I misunderstood the meaning of 'completely' so far...blame it on myself! :lmfao:

It's not the specific dates that are the issue but the stories. Either he was suffering from writer's block when he went to Montreal or not. Either he met someone new a week before he went to Montreal or not. Either he wrote the songs about someone he just met or he didn't.

One thing Mika has been saying repeatedly lately that I do believe is that what he talks in interviews is nonsense and what is in his lyrics are the truth. I think he feels confident enough that people will never understand what lies behind the lyrics enough that they won't reveal anything he doesn't want revealed.

Then he has a problem :mf_rosetinted:

Mika, WE are here, remember???

As I suppose, 15 Feb he was in France writing with Doriand.

I wonder what had happened between 15 and 26 feb.