Do you get a different feeling from the song Emily and Elle Me Dit?

13robj

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I get a totally different feeling when listening to Emily than I do with Elle Me Dit. It might just be because I came across Elle Me Dit before I heard Emily but I much prefer "she tells me" than "emily". In Elle Me Dit it feels like Mika is much more relatable, he was in our place getting yelled at by his parents. His mom telling him what to do and being ashamed of him, but it Emily it sounds like he is telling Emily what to do like He is the parent or a boyfriend telling Emily to do better. I wish he had gone with a closer translation to the french version. Anyone else get the same feeling or am I just way out there, and misinterpreting this?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I get a totally different feeling when listening to Emily than I do with Elle Me Dit. It might just be because I came across Elle Me Dit before I heard Emily but I much prefer "she tells me" than "emily". In Elle Me Dit it feels like Mika is much more relatable, he was in our place getting yelled at by his parents. His mom telling him what to do and being ashamed of him, but it Emily it sounds like he is telling Emily what to do like He is the parent or a boyfriend telling Emily to do better. I wish he had gone with a closer translation to the french version. Anyone else get the same feeling or am I just way out there, and misinterpreting this?

Totally agree!!:blush-anim-cl: EMD should not have been translated, imo.

I'd rather have "Kick- Ass" instead - MIKAs little masterpiece - made in 3 days,

"under pressure" - that's impressing!!:fisch: A really catchy song:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Totally agree :naughty:, have tought that since the first time I've heard Emily. It's a nice song and all but it's not like EMD at all, even if it's the translation. There is that strange something that make them look completely different songs

For me they have a different feeling, too. And I'm not sure why. I think most of all it's not because of the different lyrics, but because of this "Emilyyyyyy". The song gets a desperate and "negative" touch because of it. It fits with the lyrics, because the parent feels like it. But EMD has this great positive vibe and makes we want to dance. "Emily" doesn't have this effect on me. And therefore I like EMD much more.

But I can't say that I don't like the lyrics of Emily. It's very interesting to have both perspectives.

:naughty: So glad to hear others feel the same way!!! I never really thought about that whole desperate EMILLLYYYYY thing but it does make a bunch of sense, it seems to change the whole tone of the song. Every time I heard it I wished it was SHE TELLS MEEE! which I feel would still fit in with the beat and sound wonderful but alas, what can ya do? Even though Emily isn't a bad song by any means I think I'll still be sticking with Elle me dit for now :wink2:

-P.S sorry about this thread being in the wrong place I didn't realize there was a "music" type section, Sorry guys! :blink:

:naughty: So glad to hear others feel the same way!!! I never really thought about that whole desperate EMILLLYYYYY thing but it does make a bunch of sense, it seems to change the whole tone of the song. Every time I heard it I wished it was SHE TELLS MEEE! which I feel would still fit in with the beat and sound wonderful but alas, what can ya do? Even though Emily isn't a bad song by any means I think I'll still be sticking with Elle me dit for now :wink2:

-P.S sorry about this thread being in the wrong place I didn't realize there was a "music" type section, Sorry guys! :blink:

don't worry, we're here to share the Mika love and help each other :wink2:

• 1 month later...

I agree with most of you. Emily is like very different song and I prefer Elle Me Dit even though I have no idea about lyrics. But somehow elle me dit is more energetic and lyrics sound better with melody.

• 6 years later...