Mika @ Italian Radio RTL 28 June 2013

mari62

Okay, that interviewer seems a bit....strange.

:naughty: i think "a bit strange" is very carefully said - the interviewer sounds very little prepared, imo, with little knowledge about MIKA :shocked:

If I was him I'd also be rather embarassed to be told that many times how nice an beautiful he is :aah: Anyway, thanks to Valmont69 for doing a great job with translation :thumb_yello: A radio interview isn't that easy - with all its small elements, added to "normal speaking"...

Love,love

me

Thanks for the translation!!! :huglove:
Thanx a lot for helping me out to understand this! :thumb_yello:
thanks for translating :)
Thank you for the translation Valmont69 :flowers2:! I wasn't that bad after all!
Thank you for translating :thumb_yello:
Thank you for that fantastic translation:flowers2:
"poliedrico" .....

Yes. Mika is our modern Leonardo :wink2:

Thanks for translation!!!!

:naughty: i think "a bit strange" is very carefully said - the interviewer sounds very little prepared, imo, with little knowledge about MIKA :shocked:

If I was him I'd also be rather embarassed to be told that many times how nice an beautiful he is :aah: Anyway, thanks to Valmont69 for doing a great job with translation :thumb_yello: A radio interview isn't that easy - with all its small elements, added to "normal speaking"...

Love,love

me

Prego! (You're Welcome :naughty:)

't was really a pleasure.

I don't write that much on MFC, but in the next few months, I promise I will help again with this XF Italia experience of our curly one.

:wink2:

It is obvious that our nice friend Valmot69 wrote a traslation with sense, for you international fans.

But the really truth is that the woman interviewer said: "I think you are sexual".

??????????????? :shocked:

I thought that radio stations choose people who are able to use words very properly. Maybe she was nervous to have an X Factor judge in front of her. :blink:

Allegra, of course she meant 'homosexual', but maybe she was too excited or was having a bad day

coz she misspoke other words as well during the interview :aah:

(I have a feeling, she wasn't sure, that saying that was appropriate)

Edited by mari62

It is obvious that our nice friend Valmot69 wrote a traslation with sense, for you international fans.

But the really truth is that the woman interviewer said: "I think you are sexual".

??????????????? :shocked:

I thought that radio stations choose people who are able to use words very properly. Maybe she was nervous to have an X Factor judge in front of her. :blink:

:aah: Mr Judge at work.

Yeah, she was a little bit embarrassed about the specific question, I think, so that she "swallowed" the very beginning of the word...

And yeah, I found her totally inadequate, too... ("live your life" English lesson number one :aah:)

He was as usual very kind. Just in the end, a little bit naughty, when she said "you look at me in a strange way", when he continued to look at her in that way, miming a binocular... I loved that!

Allegra, of course she meant 'homosexual', but maybe she was too excited or was having a bad day

coz she misspoke other words as well during the interview :aah:

(or I was under the impression, she wasn't sure, that saying that was appropriate)

Oh yes, i'm very bad and i should be tolerant. :thumb_yello:

Anyway if you are talking with a foreign person who make a big effort to speak your language it is your duty to speak your language correct, and use words properly :original:

Even in the other interview (a lot more funny and interesting) at radio DJ the italians caused confusion in Mika's head. He understood well the meaning of "evacuazione" but the italians corrected him with another traduction of the term, more vulgar (because in Italy it is usual to use vulgar words to be funny, and Mika learned it fast at Xfactor sessions :aah:)

Anyway, in the end, i don't want start a process of demolition of italian radio workers, decadence and not professionalism is normal today.

It was just to chat, and also to inform foreign fans that in Italy there are also interviewers just a little bit better of others :wink2:

Ciao Marì, Ciao Valmò :bye:

Anyway if you are talking with a foreign person who make a big effort to speak your language it is your duty to speak your language correct, and use words properly :original:

Even in the other interview (a lot more funny and interesting) at radio DJ the italians caused confusion in Mika's head. He understood well the meaning of "evacuazione" but the italians corrected him with another traduction of the term, more vulgar (because in Italy it is usual to use vulgar words to be funny, and Mika learned it fast at Xfactor sessions :aah:)

Anyway, in the end, i don't want start a process of demolition of italian radio workers, decadence and not professionalism is normal today.

It was just to chat, and also to inform foreign fans that in Italy there are also interviewers just a little bit better of others :wink2:

I guess we will show the world many many other examples of ineptitude in the next few months...

Ciao Allé!

:hi5:

:bye: Allegra, I agree with you :wink2:

I didn't intend to justify her, but just tried to understand.

IMO the main problem was that she wasn't prepared to interview him, that's probably the main reason why she was nervous and embarrassed.

I've heard, that RTL isn't much interested in foreign music, anyway they didn't appear professional this time or in 2009

Thank you very much for the translation :thumb_yello:

MIKA: No, it was another song. Legumes, Vegetable instruments (NY "de legumbre", which is Spanish, I think J ).

DJ: Legumes?

MIKA: Yeah, but it’s in another song called Make you Happy. (NT Make you Happy? Wasn’t it Celebrate?) I worked with an orchestra playing with legumes and vegetables, but it’s not a joke, it’s a serious thing, but it’s another song, Make You Happy. This is without legumes. (NT He laughs and waves something to his manager, I think)

I think he worked two times with a vegetable orchestra. In the interview at Sunday Brunch last year he did mention that other time once before and he said that he had recorded for a song with the vegetable orchestra of Vienna before the Celebrate-collaboration.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the translation :thumb_yello:

I think he worked two times with a vegetable orchestra. In the interview at Sunday Brunch last year he did mention that other time once before and he said that he had recorded for a song with the vegetable orchestra of Vienna before the Celebrate-collaboration.

You're welcome :blush-anim-cl:

Ok, tks for the news, then :thumb_yello:

• 2 years later...