Mika @ Italian Radio RTL 28 June 2013

mari62

September until December? Perfect!

well, if anything interesting happens in those three months, MFCers I've known for years are welcome in my house anytime :wub2:

trolls, troublemakers, multiple identities will be stopped at the border :mf_rosetinted:

How's the weather in Milan in November? I'll have one week left after all my vacations this summer :fisch: So I'm thinking of taking this week-off in the beginning of November and perhaps go to Milan :aah: But I'm not sure it is possible to buy a ticket to X Factor show from Russia :huh: Anyway I hope Mika will have some time to work on his new album...

well, if anything interesting happens in those three months, MFCers I've known for years are welcome in my house anytime :wub2:

trolls, troublemakers, multiple identities will be stopped at the border :mf_rosetinted:

una raggaza grande, our Robertina:wub2::wub2 We don't need trolls, troubelmakers and something else but we need Mika and the MFC family and that can be on any place but we most stick together but I'm sure we'll do

This woman from radio is getting on my nerves :mad: I need to listen to the interview another 2 or 3 times to be sure to understand it well, but I don't want to listen to her another time :aah:

About Milan from september to december it's great for me, maybe I will plan a trip to Italy me too :thumb_yello:

I was thinking, if Robertina's house is not big enough to welcome everybody :wink2:, we could rent an apartment there for all MFCers who want to come :teehee: That would be really great, we could invite Mika too :mf_rosetinted:

This woman from radio is getting on my nerves :mad: I need to listen to the interview another 2 or 3 times to be sure to understand it well, but I don't want to listen to her another time :aah:

About Milan from september to december it's great for me, maybe I will plan a trip to Italy me too :thumb_yello:

I was thinking, if Robertina's house is not big enough to welcome everybody :wink2:, we could rent an apartment there for all MFCers who want to come :teehee: That would be really great, we could invite Mika too :mf_rosetinted:

yes...why not close to his? :sneaky2:

heheheheheheh...joking :mf_rosetinted:

not.

I can bet someone is really thinking to do it :aah::aah::aah:

anyway, once the X-factor thing is clear in terms of fan access to the show, maybe it will be possible to take turns and go and attend at least one show each? For the ones who'd like to come here, that is.

Good idea! I'm going to Europe this September. Can I join you all?? I'm pretty new to MFC and hardly know any one from MFC :(

Edited by gonzaga

I have a minimum of understanding in Italian, I understood most of it though! thank you for the video, I'll still read the translation though, maybe I'm wrong for certain things!

DJ Great evening tonight in Piazza del Popolo in Rome, with the Summer Music Festival (TN she lists all the singers of the show bla bla bla…) and he arrived at last.

MIKA: At last.

DJ: Finally! People (NT on Twitter) stressed us out here.

MIKA: Ciao (NT no need of translating right J ?)

DJ: You have many followers, on Twitter, on our message board here, Mika has arrived but someone wrote, many wrote here…

MIKA: Oh oh

DJ: "Yeah, but Mika is always late."

MIKA: I’m always late (in English).

DJ: No, no, brother, you have to speak Italian. They tell me that you speak Italian very well. What do your management say? (She leans towards his manager) They say that you speak Italian, come on, let’s speak Italian, so that we can avoid translation, and save time.

MIKA: I don’t like translations on the radio, ok, we can speak in italian.

DJ: First of all, ciao, and welcome.

MIKA: I’m always late (in Italian)

DJ: So, you confirm that. But you are always very cool. And very well-dressed, as usual.

MIKA: Me? Oh, well, I worked all day long.

DJ: I don’t know how this relates to the fact that you are very elegant, but it’s fine. Mika is with us, on RTL…

(Relax Video)

DJ: We are here, also on video, on Sky Channel (bla bla bla), with Mika, Mika say hello, please. Mika, you are an international artist that I adore, an eclectic artist. Do you know the word (TN "poliedrico" in italian)?

MIKA: No, I don’t know the word.

DJ: It means that you do many things…

MIKA: Strange things, I make many strange things.

DJ: If you say that in this way… Listen…

MIKA: I was watching the video, the Relax video, I don’t like it, it’s one of the videos of mine that I don’t like, really, it’s a bad video, for me. Completely weak. I watch the video, and I say… no, how…

DJ: How could you have done it?

MIKA: Yeah, how could I have done a video like that?

DJ: Maybe at the time you liked that.

MIKA: No.

DJ: And why did you do that?

MIKA: I don’t know (he laughs).

DJ: Well, there will be videos that you will appreciate. Listen, it’s official, you will be one of XF judges, you are the first international judge.

MIKA: Yes. In Italian.

DJ: In Italian. And what do you think of XF?

MIKA: Of this XF? XF Italia is much more different than XF in other countries. For instance, the first great difference with XF UK and USA: the judges. First of all, the judges here are very very interesting, very smart, with an energy, they are not trained like robots, they have fire, an intelligent energy.

DJ: They told me that you moved to Italy?

MIKA: Right now?

DJ: Yes.

MIKA: Not now, but from september to december I will be in Milan.

DJ: Do you know Milan?

MIKA: No. Well, a little. Every time I visited Milano, I was working, but I know Piemonte very well. I like Piemonte, I was there on holiday. At Santo Stefano Belbo.

DJ: And what’s nice in Santo Stefano Belbo?

MIKA: Everything: food, I eat so much there, then wine, biking.

DJ: Wait, they give hints to me… ah, ok, it’s in the Langhe, they are beautiful!

MIKA: Yeah, they are beautiful.

DJ: And the sea? Don’t you go to the seaside in Italy?

MIKA: Yeah, at the seaside, but I don’t like water.

DJ: Oh my…

MIKA: Yeah, it’s true, I’m afraid of…

DJ: This interview is surreal, please record it. But why don’t you like the sea?

MIKA: I like the sea, but it’s different, I don’t like water. I like watching the sea, but I don’t like to touch water.

DJ: Don’t you like to touch the water? The sensation of the water on your body?

MIKA: No, every time I am on holiday, for instance I am at the poolside, with my swimsuit, I am there without swimming. Even at the sea, I’m scared of the sea.

DJ: So, are you scared of the water, Mika?

MIKA: Yeah, both. Maybe I need help.

DJ: Yeah, I guess so (she laughs).

MIKA: I know.

DJ: You are a very nice person, but ehm…

MIKA: …ehm… but what (he laughs)?

DJ: But nothing, you are very nice, even though you are scared of water, after all everybody are scared of something.

MIKA: Yes. You for example?

DJ: Well, now, me (she laughs)…It’s up to me to make questions! Listen, do you want to launch this new song we’re going to listen?

MIKA: Yeah, it’s called "Live you life". How do you say in Italian?

DJ: I don’t know, I’ll think about it.

MIKA: "Vivi la tua vita".

DJ: Exactly. Is it true that you used unusual instruments in this song?

MIKA; For this song? I don’t know.

DJ: You don’t know. So, we listen to it, and then we talk about that later.

MIKA: No, it was another song. Legumes, Vegetable instruments (NY "de legumbre", which is Spanish, I think J ).

DJ: Legumes?

MIKA: Yeah, but it’s in another song called Make you Happy. (NT Make you Happy? Wasn’t it Celebrate?) I worked with an orchestra playing with legumes and vegetables, but it’s not a joke, it’s a serious thing, but it’s another song, Make You Happy. This is without legumes. (NT He laughs and waves something to his manager, I think)

DJ: Ok, Mika, that’s fine.

MIKA: Well, I don’t think so.

DJ: I saw you in one of your gigs, in Sardinia, and you were great, you are stunning, you have a powerful way of being on stage.

"Live Your Life"

DJ: I’m sorry that you’ll leave us in a while, ‘cause Mika story is fantastic, a great artist, maybe you can come back soon, when you’ll be here for XF.

MIKA: Yeah, we’ll have a cup of coffee on the radio

DJ: No, no, no coffee, we’ll talk here on the radio. (TN Then she understands) Yeah, we’ll be here and have a coffee. Listen, today is the International Homosexuality Day

MIKA: Yeah, Gay Pride Day.

DJ, No, it’s not the right translation (NT ?!?). It’s the day of the gay pride (NT yeah, it was the same thing he said) I think you are homosexual. The good news is that from yesterday in USA the gay marriage is equal to marriage between man and woman, I wanted to know your idea on this.

MIKA: This day is a very important one. A day that it’s a celebration.

DJ: That celebrates the tolerance.

MIKA: Yeah, tolerance is the most important thing in the world, because without tolerance we have nothing, no art, no happiness, no freedom, tolerance is essential, and for me this day deals with tolerance.

DJ: I’m happy that you used this term, maybe you don’t know so many words in Italian, but I’m happy you know tolerance.

MIKA: I write every month in a magazine, XL Repubblica, and I write so much about tolerance and intolerance in the world. Intolerance is completely worthless.

DJ: When you’ll come back you will tell us many things about your music, I read that this song is N° 1 in many countries, in Spain, in Corea.

MIKA: Yeah, and I saw people on line here writing from Corea.

DJ: Yeah, on Twitter, Twitter loves you a lot. So you will be on holiday in the Langhe, but now you will come back to London, just to know about your business.

MIKA: Yeah, but from the beginning of the year I was on London just for three weeks, and it’s a strange thing for me because I live there.

DJ: So do you live in London?

MIKA: No, I’ve been traveling all around the world for one year and a half, but yes my home is in London.

DJ: Well you are away for a living!

MIKA: Yeah, but I like being away.

DJ: OK then, so it was a pleasure to meet you, you are also a beautiful guy, so…

MIKA: ehm ehm (J ), now I am hot now because I have a wool suit.

DJ: Yeah, you have a wool suit on June 28th, but because you made a photo shooting service, you told me.

MIKA: Yeah, but I like wool suits.

DJ: Ok, if you’re happy, it’s fine… You are very nice, and it was really a pleasure for me to meet you. So say goodbye to your fans, and thank you.

MIKA Grazie a voi, ciao.

DJ: Ok, this is RTL, the radio who keeps you company. Mika, you’re looking me in a weird way…

MIKA: He opens his eyes.

DJ: It’s the first radio in Italy.

MIKA: Yes, I know. (He continues to open his eyes to her)

DJ: And we are also on video (NT as to say, stop it)

(Mika laughs).

Hope I didn't make faults...

Night everybody!!!

Thank you very much for the translation!

It seems that they were not understanding each other very well! I had this feeling listening to the italian version, but now with the translation it's sure!

MIKA: Yeah, Gay Pride Day.

DJ, No, it’s not the right translation (NT ?!?). It’s the day of the gay pride (NT yeah, it was the same thing he said) I think you are homosexual. The good news is that from yesterday in USA the gay marriage is equal to marriage between man and woman, I wanted to know your idea on this.

It is obvious that our nice friend Valmot69 wrote a traslation with sense, for you international fans.

But the really truth is that the woman interviewer said: "I think you are sexual".

??????????????? :shocked:

I thought that radio stations choose people who are able to use words very properly. Maybe she was nervous to have an X Factor judge in front of her. :blink: