2015 - Caribana Festival - Crans-près-Céligny Switzerland 7 June 2015 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Here a small interview that Mika made for the swiss-french television last sunday when he was here for Caribana: http://www.rts.ch/info/culture/6858948-mika-mon-nouveau-disque-ressemble-a-un-journal-intime.html

I unfortunately have no time to translate it right now as am at work but I'll do it as soon as I can (anyway, he doesn't say anything new ^^)

• Like 1

I'm very happy! Two Mika's concerts in four days! Wonderfull! :wub:

The first was, in the afternoon, at the Caribana Festival in Nyon, in Switzerland! It was hot, but the organization of the festival was very good!

Water, sun lotion, earplugs, etc... free! He had just healed from laryngitis, but he was perfect!

The scenography without the sun, it seemed poor, but when Mika started to sing, all retreated into the background!

The most important thing was that him was on the stage and he sang my fovourite songs!

I cried for Last Party and Underwater and I laughed when Mika saw the italians fans and he joked with us, talking like Paolo Conte... Lowering his voice! :naughty:

The other fans didn't understand what he was doing! Ah ah ah! I love his madness! :naughty: Another funny moment it was when he didn't like the beverage that he was drinking and he launched the bottle to us... I drunk it and it was very sweet! :yes::wub:

I was exited and I had fun with him and with the other members of the MFC! :wub::thumb_yello:

My pics:

post-25071-0-29344600-1434560239_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-67002700-1434560333_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-79460000-1434560359_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-16468600-1434561569_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-37105100-1434561629_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-75261400-1434561683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gabry74

Here a small interview that Mika made for the swiss-french television last sunday when he was here for Caribana: http://www.rts.ch/info/culture/6858948-mika-mon-nouveau-disque-ressemble-a-un-journal-intime.html

I unfortunately have no time to translate it right now as am at work but I'll do it as soon as I can (anyway, he doesn't say anything new ^^)

RE-post ! :wink2:

RTS

Mika: "Mon nouveau disque ressemble à un journal intime"

"My new album is like a diary"

http://www.rts.ch/info/culture/6858948-mika-mon-nouveau-disque-ressemble-a-un-journal-intime.html

A la veille de la sortie de son quatrième album, "No Place in Heaven", le chanteur Mika revient sur sa passion pour la pop et sur ses origines britannico-libanaises, lors d'un entretien accordé à la RTS.

Après le succès fulgurant de ses trois premiers opus, vendus à plus de 10 millions d'exemplaires à travers le monde, le Britannico-libanais signe un disque qu'il qualifie de plus direct: "C'est un peu comme un journal intime... C'est disque simple, avec très peu d'électronique", explique-t-il.

C'est le cas par exemple sur le titre "Last Party", qui rend hommage à Freddy Mercury (voir video ci-dessous).

Last Party

https://youtu.be/vvuOw8Z0Pwg

Le chanteur assure toutefois que sa patte est bien présente: "Je voulais que ma signature soit extrêmement claire et même si c'est un disque qui est très simple dans la production, ça reste du Mika".

Le clip de "Talk About You":

https://youtu.be/cH30OyVXuK0

"'No Place In Heaven' est un titre qui donne beaucoup de liberté, dit le musicien. S'il n'y a pas de paradis ça me va. Et si, ici, c'est le purgatoire, c'est pas mal aussi", explique l'artiste.

"La culture dandy s'apprend et se cultive"

"Je suis un mélange!" Le musicien se dit fier de ses origines britanniques et libanaises: "J'aime prendre des choses du côté oriental mais j'aime aussi exagérer le côté dandy. Ce côté 'british' est une culture qui s'apprend et qui se cultive", assure-t-il.

RTS

"Mika interviewé dans Paradiso"

https://www.rts.ch/la-1ere/programmes/radio-paradiso/6821569-paradiso-12-06-2015.html?f=player/popup

Thanks a lot for posting, I couldn't open the link yesterday.

This is a recording file. ( sorry, it's not perfect... hope anyone upload clear one. )

• Like 1

I'm a week late, but in case you're still interested,  here's my report.

Caribana day started with us waking up at 6 am after a 3 hour sleep, a thunderstorm and a crazy dog barking at the rain. By "us" I mean Sylvie, Sarah and me. We drove (actually, Sylvie drove, we were just sitting there) our way to Nyon through Mont Blanc tunnel, stopping briefly in a service area in France run by a very nice lady (insert sarcasm here). I went at the check-out to pay for a sandwich, she told me the price, I started putting money on the counter and then I accidentally dropped a coin, I ducked to pick it up off the floor (Mika quote on purpose) and she repeated the price. I got it, ffs! Don't you see I'm trying to give you the money? Anyway I managed to pay and we went back to the car. The travel went very well, no hitches at all, apart from Sylvie's neverending struggle at every toll booths because she couldn't reach them properly and had to lean out of the window. Ah, short people's problems. Once in Nyon we had a bit of a hard time to find the festival, but thanks to the sat-nav, which kept freezing from time to time btw, we found our way there and parked the car in a parking lot right in front of the gates. Sylvie asked an elderly woman if it was ok for us to leave the car there and she said she thought it was. Like, ma'am, what do you mean? You *think* it's ok, so there's still the possibility we won't find the car once the festival's over??? Luckily, she was very nice, she told us not to worry, she introduced herself as the festival president's mother and even gave us her phone number, just in case. The queue at the gate was very small and quiet, there were people from Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Finland and I met some of them. The security was awesome, giving us water and protecting us from the sun with some beach umbrellas, and we were all relaxed until a whole family tried to jump the queue, creating a bit of a mess. We all stood up and tried to make them go to the back, then the security stepped in to help us. They really were amazing. When the gates opened, they would only allow in one person at a time, giving everyone the time to walk halfway to the stage before letting in anoter person, so there was no running or pushing. We managed to find our spot in the front row easily, the stage was only a couple of meters away, so we were pretty close. The security guys kept providing us with water and earplugs and were very kind and funny. I don't remember much about the acts before Mika, they were not very interesting imo or maybe I was just too eager to see him. When the last one left the stage, we were given some cardboard crowns made by a fan and we hung Mr Pataccone (i.e. the biggest MFC badge) to the barrier right before us (we were even asked by a photographer to pose for her) waiting for him to come out. And eventually he did. It was so cool to see him from that close. That was only my second gig and I was in the front for the first time, I enjoyed every second of it. He told us he was happy to perform so early in the afternoon for he could see the audience very well and he did look at every single person in the front rows and interacted with us a lot. First thing I noticed, but it was quite hard not to notice, was the big hole on his crotch. I giggled. It served him right, he shouldn't wear suits during concerts, especially since it was 5 pm and very hot. He made us jump, dance, sing, scream, he drank some cherry-coloured drink from a bottle then said it tasted disgusting and when someone in the audience said they wanted to try it, he threw the bottle to them. He also told us the towel he was given smelled nice and he's always wanted to have scented towels but his mom wouldn't allow them 'cause she thinks everything with a nice smell is bad for the health. He seemed to be in a good mood and was rather chatty, unfortunately I don't remember everything he said ,'cause he was speaking in French and I missed some words here and there. When the gig was over, we went to wait for him and we saw the band leaving in a van, but he was nowhere to be seen. We were then told by the security that he had already left by boat since he had a flight to catch and was in a hurry. We stayed there a little bit longer, you know, just to be sure, and chatted for a while and then we left an hour later. Apparently we weren't done singing yet, since we played TOOL and TBWKTM while driving back home. Funny thing is I jokingly said I wanted a proof that he had a flight to catch or I wouldn't have believed it and by the time we got  home, we found out he had tweeted a pic of himself at Brussels airport. Well done, Mr Mika, you're forgiven.

Edit: I forgot to say that I almost choked when a piece of confetti flew right into my mouth while I was singing!! And since I'm here, here's a pic of us with the crowns and Pataccone 

2mhx353.jpg

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 5

We're joking about it now, but I swear I panicked for a few secs. This damn piece of paper got stuck right at the top of my throat and I couldn't reach it with my fingers. I had to try three times! Now imagine me choking in the middle of a jumping crowd, with confetti falling on us and no one noticing I needed help. But then, as soon as I got rid of it, I started jumping and singing again. Call it Mika power XD

We're joking about it now, but I swear I panicked for a few secs. This damn piece of paper got stuck right at the top of my throat and I couldn't reach it with my fingers. I had to try three times! Now imagine me choking in the middle of a jumping crowd, with confetti falling on us and no one noticing I needed help. But then, as soon as I got rid of it, I started jumping and singing again. Call it Mika power XD

This is something you don't want to experience. This time without joking: I'm really glad that it didn't happen!

I'm a week late, but in case you're still interested,  here's my report.

Caribana day started with us waking up at 6 am after a 3 hour sleep, a thunderstorm and a crazy dog barking at the rain. By "us" I mean Sylvie, Sarah and me. We drove (actually, Sylvie drove, we were just sitting there) our way to Nyon through Mont Blanc tunnel, stopping briefly in a service area in France run by a very nice lady (insert sarcasm here). I went at the check-out to pay for a sandwich, she told me the price, I started putting money on the counter and then I accidentally dropped a coin, I ducked to pick it up off the floor (Mika quote on purpose) and she repeated the price. I got it, ffs! Don't you see I'm trying to give you the money? Anyway I managed to pay and we went back to the car. The travel went very well, no hitches at all, apart from Sylvie's neverending struggle at every toll booths because she couldn't reach them properly and had to lean out of the window. Ah, short people's problems. Once in Nyon we had a bit of a hard time to find the festival, but thanks to the sat-nav, which kept freezing from time to time btw, we found our way there and parked the car in a parking lot right in front of the gates. Sylvie asked an elderly woman if it was ok for us to leave the car there and she said she thought it was. Like, ma'am, what do you mean? You *think* it's ok, so there's still the possibility we won't find the car once the festival's over??? Luckily, she was very nice, she told us not to worry, she introduced herself as the festival president's mother and even gave us her phone number, just in case. The queue at the gate was very small and quiet, there were people from Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Finland and I met some of them. The security was awesome, giving us water and protecting us from the sun with some beach umbrellas, and we were all relaxed until a whole family tried to jump the queue, creating a bit of a mess. We all stood up and tried to make them go to the back, then the security stepped in to help us. They really were amazing. When the gates opened, they would only allow in one person at a time, giving everyone the time to walk halfway to the stage before letting in anoter person, so there was no running or pushing. We managed to find our spot in the front row easily, the stage was only a couple of meters away, so we were pretty close. The security guys kept providing us with water and earplugs and were very kind and funny. I don't remember much about the acts before Mika, they were not very interesting imo or maybe I was just too eager to see him. When the last one left the stage, we were given some cardboard crowns made by a fan and we hung Mr Pataccone (i.e. the biggest MFC badge) to the barrier right before us (we were even asked by a photographer to pose for her) waiting for him to come out. And eventually he did. It was so cool to see him from that close. That was only my second gig and I was in the front for the first time, I enjoyed every second of it. He told us he was happy to perform so early in the afternoon for he could see the audience very well and he did look at every single person in the front rows and interacted with us a lot. First thing I noticed, but it was quite hard not to notice, was the big hole on his crotch. I giggled. It served him right, he shouldn't wear suits during concerts, especially since it was 5 pm and very hot. He made us jump, dance, sing, scream, he drank some cherry-coloured drink from a bottle then said it tasted disgusting and when someone in the audience said they wanted to try it, he threw the bottle to them. He also told us the towel he was given smelled nice and he's always wanted to have scented towels but his mom wouldn't allow them 'cause she thinks everything with a nice smell is bad for the health. He seemed to be in a good mood and was rather chatty, unfortunately I don't remember everything he said ,'cause he was speaking in French and I missed some words here and there. When the gig was over, we went to wait for him and we saw the band leaving in a van, but he was nowhere to be seen. We were then told by the security that he had already left by boat since he had a flight to catch and was in a hurry. We stayed there a little bit longer, you know, just to be sure, and chatted for a while and then we left an hour later. Apparently we weren't done singing yet, since we played TOOL and TBWKTM while driving back home. Funny thing is I jokingly said I wanted a proof that he had a flight to catch or I wouldn't have believed it and by the time we got  home, we found out he had tweeted a pic of himself at Brussels airport. Well done, Mr Mika, you're forgiven.

Edit: I forgot to say that I almost choked when a piece of confetti flew right into my mouth while I was singing!! And since I'm here, here's a pic of us with the crowns and Pataccone 

2mhx353.jpg

Luv
  • Like 1

Hello! I'm late too but I want to share with you my report and my pics! :hug: 
I was so glade about this gig because it was beautiful and full of emotions. It was the first time for me in Switzerland and I believe it's a very beautiful country.. :swiss:  I went to Nyon with my dear friend Gabry and my boyfriend and we spent a lot of great time near Nyon in our apartment and at the gig! We arrived in Geneva by train and then we went to a little city near Nyon. During the first evening we visited the city and we had dinner at a lebanese restaurant...it was very very good.. :cheerful_h4h: ! It was the first time I tasted lebanese food and I found it delicious! 
After a little (very little  :sleep_1: ) rest we went to Caribana Festival in the early morning. After 2 buses we finally arrived and there we met other Mika's fans and we started   the waiting. The festival was really good organized and time passed quite quickly. At 1 pm we entered in and emotions increased! Finally at 5 pm the gig began...I was on the second central row and that stage was very near to us. I adored this concert..it was both funny and exciting. I love so much Mika's concerts because he can feel me better..I sang all songs and, as usually, I cried on Last party  :tears: ..it's a song that makes me cry every time..I love it! I love Mika's voice and I appreciated the new arrangements. We sang, jump, had fun together with him..we tasted the drink he tasted himself..he said it was disgusting :aah: but I disagreed with him  :P  In conclusion it was a beautiful concert and I want to say thanks to Gabry and to MFC's members..it was a pleasure to have met you. ^_^  I also give thanks to Mika because without him all of this may not possible..and sharing gigs with beautiful people is an amazing thing.  :cheer: 
Here there are my pics..I hope you'll appreciate them!!! 
Kisses.. :wub: 

21e7qqt.jpg

sfauj7.jpg

zso213.jpg

2qwn09h.jpg

zirv9w.jpg

ka688z.jpg

oig279.jpg

awe53d.jpg

1j9dt4.jpg

149r049.jpg

2j507ro.jpg

33y0qj6.jpg

50p4yv.jpg

2vn53wz.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Thank you for all reports, photos and video  :)

I loved so much this festival, there was an incredible energy!

Photos are extraordinary, probably because of the light...

I loved so much two performance: elle me dit and origin of love, both of them are one of the best performance ever done for this songs.

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Caribana Festival - Crans-près-Céligny Switzerland 7 June 2015 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS