Piano tutorials / What does Mika play while singing?

AmyWings

Hey friends !  :D

So, I'm willing to learn as many Mika songs on my keyboard as I can in order to do singing covers. That means I'm trying to find tutorials on how Mika plays his songs on the piano while singing because I can only find either extremely easy or too complicated covers / tutorials and it really frustrates me.  :banghead:  Plus, there's often nothing about songs that are 'less' famous like Billy Brown or Toy Boy, though they're mostly piano  :wait:

Has any of you ever found a way to see what Mika plays while he's singing? I'm really desperate  :tears:  

Uhh there's so many acoustic and live videos showing Mika playing but I never could see exactly what he's doing it's so infuriating haha ! :naughty:

HELP  :bow:

Hii :)

Yes, it is hard to find, unfortunately. And this is what I want,too. Usually I find vocal notes which I dont like :/

In terms of this, Grace Kelly is a good choice because its accoustic version is easy to find :)

I couldnt find Billy Brown or Toy Boy either. But I figured out Stuck In The Middle from concert videos and some videos on the net. The other ones that I play are Happy Ending, Last Party, We Are Golden and Grace Kelly. I managed to play those by using the same method. Sometimes piano tutorials are not exactly true, so I listened and watched gigs and mixed all of them. About the other songs I only know some parts of them, but not entirely.

Hii :)

Yes, it is hard to find, unfortunately. And this is what I want,too. Usually I find vocal notes which I dont like :/

In terms of this, Grace Kelly is a good choice because its accoustic version is easy to find :)

I couldnt find Billy Brown or Toy Boy either. But I figured out Stuck In The Middle from concert videos and some videos on the net. The other ones that I play are Happy Ending, Last Party, We Are Golden and Grace Kelly. I managed to play those by using the same method. Sometimes piano tutorials are not exactly true, so I listened and watched gigs and mixed all of them. About the other songs I only know some parts of them, but not entirely.

Yeah me too... :aah:

I already know how to play underwater, grace kelly, any other world, good guys and over my shoulder because i figured them out and got helped by some tutorials and / or me watching his lives but yeah...

Could you give me some of the links you used for those songs whenever you have time please? :) 

The struggle is real  :naughty:  :naughty:

Yeah me too... :aah:

I already know how to play underwater, grace kelly, any other world, good guys and over my shoulder because i figured them out and got helped by some tutorials and / or me watching his lives but yeah...

Could you give me some of the links you used for those songs whenever you have time please? :)

The struggle is real :naughty::naughty:

I searched for Underwater a lot, I can play untill the chorus but the videos that I saw werent correct for chorus. It wasnt the same as the record. How could you find it?

It's been a long time actually, and now I dont have the links... And also, I guess some videos were removed because I couldnt find them again. But I am sure there are still some(well I hope :D) I'll try to find them again and if I manage then I'll post :)

I searched for Underwater a lot, I can play untill the chorus but the videos that I saw werent correct for chorus. It wasnt the same as the record. How could you find it?

It's been a long time actually, and now I dont have the links... And also, I guess some videos were removed because I couldnt find them again. But I am sure there are still some(well I hope :D) I'll try to find them again and if I manage then I'll post :)

Well for underwater it's not like the real version as well but it's enough to sing along and recornize the song so i'm good about that haha ! If you wanna see the version i do i can always try to do a vid or something :)

Yeah thank you for your time anyways !  :)

Edited by AmyWings

Well for underwater it's not like the real version as well but it's enough to sing along and recornize the song so i'm good about that haha ! If you wanna see the version i do i can always try to do a vid or something :)

Yeah thank you for your time anyways ! :)

Hi guys! I'm not sure, but I think I know the fours for underwater... I can somehow pm you to show you if you want :) I figured it out from the gigs videos :)
  • Like 1

Hi guys! I'm not sure, but I think I know the fours for underwater... I can somehow pm you to show you if you want :) I figured it out from the gigs videos :)

Oh that would be lovely if you could ! Do you know other songs?  :D

Don't know how much help this is (as I don't know enough about playing Piano to know LOL) but he plays a bit of BBB on an old piano at 6:20 here (ajD6Exr_hBM), and you can see his hands quite well, so you might be able to pull what notes he's playing off of that.

• Like 1

Don't know how much help this is (as I don't know enough about playing Piano to know LOL) but he plays a bit of BBB on an old piano at 6:20 here (ajD6Exr_hBM), and you can see his hands quite well, so you might be able to pull what notes he's playing off of that.

Well, better than nothing, thank you very much !  :)

If only I could see more haha !

Noo it is noot, you can do it :) if you need help I can help

you

Btw sorry I still couldnt look at the videos, I was busy :(

Haha ! Working on it ! The process of actually having it all together is harder than the actual learning haha ! I got most of the song but it's hard getting the two hands together especially when 1/5 of it is me improvising from scratch / videos I see  :naughty:

These are some videos that I used. I cannot find all of them sorry :( and I had to change some parts from the videos simce the notes were not exactly true.

For stuck in the middle, it is impossible to give a reference, because I watched so many things while improving it. But if you need, I can make a video of how I play. And it is ok for other songs, too :)

These are some videos that I used. I cannot find all of them sorry :( and I had to change some parts from the videos simce the notes were not exactly true.

For stuck in the middle, it is impossible to give a reference, because I watched so many things while improving it. But if you need, I can make a video of how I play. And it is ok for other songs, too :)

Thank you very much, that's cool !  :D

Ah a video of that would be lovely!! 

And omg THANK YOU FOR THESE VIDEOS

Ah a video of that would be lovely!! 

And omg THANK YOU FOR THESE VIDEOS

I finally managed to do stuck in the middle as well ! I just don't know how to end it because the end of the song just goes crazy and nobody does that really  :naughty:

I don't know how I managed to coordonate my hands but they just did on their own  :blink: Not gonna complain though !  :rolls_eyes:

For which song? Stuck in the middle?

I think so ! As well as all the Mika songs you know and can do please. That'll be it, thanks!

Sorry? $350 for a Mika takeover? 'Kay let me bring you my purse... Or is it a wallet?

*Losts her mind* *it's late* *don't judge me*  :naughty: 

I think so ! As well as all the Mika songs you know and can do please. That'll be it, thanks!

Sorry? $350 for a Mika takeover? 'Kay let me bring you my purse... Or is it a wallet?

*Losts her mind* *it's late* *don't judge me*  :naughty: 

A++++ for this reference  :naughty:

• Like 1

*Losts her mind* *it's late* *don't judge me* :naughty:

I'll try to do it as soon as possible bacuse I hardly find time :)

• Like 1