Mika in Swiss Press 2019

silver

(Thanks to Anna Ko Kolkowska for the article)

Here is an interview from the Swiss press TV8 weekly magazine.

I CHARGE BATTERIES IN SWITZERLAND

Q: You dedicated this album to your mother. We hear it in the song "Tiny Love". Was it difficult to convince her to sing?

Mika: It was not obvious because my mother had some serious health problems. Ultimately, this reality, this weakness captured on the recording are very valuable to me.

Q: Your mother is a warrior. Has it also given you this feature?

Mika: For sure. I think it comes from the strength of my whole family and the I we look not only at myself, but at what I see around me. For example: we left Beirut to Paris and then to London and it certainly affected our lives. When you can't determine the exact place of your origin, you create your own world and you have to defend it.

Q: Can this be the reason for open mind? For example, it was your mother who made you reconcile with your partner when you parted.

Mika: Absolutely. This way of having distance to everything is still present. We are a family that is very traditional and at the same time full of freedom and respect for others. Like every family, we experience painful moments. While preparing the album, I was wondering if I should hide what I and my family experienced at the time. But for me it was obvious to tell about it. For them it was much more difficult.

Q: For example for Paloma? This is your sister who fell out of the balcony and suffered serious injuries. Is it true that she didn't like her song?

Mika: It's not about whether she liked the song. But she didn't react at all when she heard it for the first time. That was awful. As if she was paralyzed. After a moment, she asked, "Why are you talking about me?" I told her, "This is your story, but my memories. I saw it all with my own eyes, so this story belongs to both of us. " Paloma doesn't really like being noticed. But now it's all right. She accepted it.

Q: You don't speak much about your father and brother. Is it because women play a main role in your family?

Mika: The place my father takes in this album corresponds to what it looks like in our family. The title of the album bears his name. I am Michael Holbrook junior. This is a presence with very large but also gentle strength. As for my brother, he is a great boy,  graphic artist, architect, but he wants to remain discreet. Out of respect for his way of being, I don't say anything about him.

Q: Your three sisters and brother are involved in visual art. But it also happens to you. For example, two years ago you designed the Swatch watch.

Mika: It was my first time and I liked it so much an idea that I could tell the story through this watch. My sister and I could carry out this project ourselves from beginning to end. We worked at the kitchen table in my house. It was a pure pleasure.

Q: A video about homosexuality was made for the song "Sanremo". Have you had any homophobic reactions?

Mika: This video doesn't talk about fight. It is beautiful, poetic, gentle and full of nuances. No, there was no homophobic reaction in social media. However, I felt intolerance in some of the promotional teams I worked with. They didn't know how to handle it and tried to discourage me. I told them, "You insult the intelligence of my audience!" And I didn't give up. These people only think about money; they are under pressure that they must have a profit. Fortunately, I kept my opinion. The music video was well received.

Q: Do you come to Switzerland not only because of work?

Mika: Yes. But nobody knows about it. I come near Montreux. Four times a year I spend a week there with my Italian friend Simone and I do  training. Every morning I get up at 4 am and an hour later I go out and walk in the mountains. Later I meditate in the meditation center together with a Breton trainer who comes from Lausanne. I am charging batteries in Switzerland.

Q: Is it true that you've never watched The Voice episodes?

Mika: Not a single episode. Because I didn't want to change my way of being, my spontaneity. And I agreed to participate only because I don't live in France. I was coming to the studio straight from the airport and then I was leaving France. So I didn't feel any pressure, I was free.

The interview was held by Patricia Martin

FB_IMG_1573852526438.thumb.jpg.e8b1e3820d926ca6526c605182aabd80.jpg

FB_IMG_1573852537514.thumb.jpg.a5fa3d41fdecb50d4f7f5fd8b2d3448a.jpg

FB_IMG_1573852547463.thumb.jpg.7d92b20965ec95cbfa882cd911212e57.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

In October 2019

On 10/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, Kumazzz said:

:swiss:

sorry, the newspaper is published in Switzerland.

20 minutes

https://www.20min.ch/ro/entertainment/people/story/Fier-de-sa-belle-histoire-d-amour-avec-son-copain-13776974?

09 octobre 2019 09:56

🔻 PDF file pages_14_15_Lausanne_2019-10-09.pdf

Fier de sa belle histoire d'amour avec son copain

par Ludovic Jaccard -

En couple depuis treize ans avec un réalisateur, le chanteur réalise qu’il est le seul membre de sa famille à avoir une vie sentimentale stable. Et ça l'amuse!

D'habitude très discret sur sa vie privée, Mika s'est lâché, lundi 7 octobre 2019, dans l'émission «C à vous», sur France 5. En promo pour son nouvel album, «My name is Michael Holbrook», le chanteur a été interrogé sur sa romance avec le réalisateur Andy Dermanis. «Quand je l'ai rencontré, c'est lui qui m’a donné confiance pour parler de ma sexualité à mes proches. Et au final, cela fait maintenant treize ans que je suis avec lui et je suis le plus traditionnel de la famille!» a-t-il ironisé.

Et l'artiste d'ajouter que ses trois sœurs et son frère vivaient tous «des désastres» dans leur vie sentimentale: «Ils sont toujours en train d’aller partout, de changer de partenaire, c’est donc moi qui gagne!» a plaisanté la star.

Mika s'est cependant fâché une fois avec son compagnon. Ce qui avait provoqué une rupture. «Oui, on s'est séparés», a avoué l'Américano-Libanais de 36 ans. C'est grâce à sa maman, qui a toujours été très proche d'Andy, que le couple a pu se réconcilier.

:uk: Google translator

Reveal hidden contents

Proud of his beautiful love story with his boyfriend

As a couple for thirteen years with his darling, Andy, Mika realizes that he is the only member of his family to have a stable love life. And that amuses him!

Usually very discreet about his private life, Mika was released on Monday, in «C à vous», on France 5. In promo for his new album, "My name is Michael Holbrook", the singer was asked about his romance with director Andy Dermanis. "When I met him, he gave me the confidence to talk about my sexuality to my loved ones. Finally, I have been with him for thirteen years and I am the most traditional of the family! "He quipped. And the artist adds that his three sisters and his brother all lived "disasters" in their love life: "They are always going everywhere, to change partners, so it's me who wins!" joked the star.

Mika, however, was angry once with his companion. Which caused a break. "Yes, we have separated," confessed the 36-year-old American-Lebanese. It is thanks to his mother, who has always been close to andy, that the couple was able to come to terms.

pages_14_Lausanne_2019-10-091.thumb.jpg.d2dbcedcaafd145d0afd5c4eb2b646ce.jpg

pages_14_15_Lausanne_2019-10-091.thumb.jpg.69ce4a12864f3784bde3134e82c6b999.jpg

«C à vous»

• Like 1

In November 2019

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:swiss:

Interview in French

RTS

https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/12h45/video/le-chanteur-mika-se-devoile-et-presente-son-nouvel-album?id=10883403

12h45, Aujourd'hui, 12h45
Le chanteur Mika se dévoile et présente son nouvel album

https://www.instagram.com/stories/iris.jimenez.tv/

72159715_553835322116217_6846412371639909986_n.thumb.jpg.e3c8b44cd46d758ce98093728dce6957.jpg

900.thumb.jpg.3d7f479cf6674b85f87d74c829c779f7.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Interview in French

RTS

https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/12h45/video/le-chanteur-mika-se-devoile-et-presente-son-nouvel-album?id=10883403

12h45, Aujourd'hui, 12h45

RTS

12h45, Hier, 12h45

• Thanks 1

RTS

https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/la-puce-a-loreille/video/mika-et-vincent-perez---?id=10884132

Mika et Vincent Perez...

...nous parlent de portraits. Portrait de chanteur à travers son dernier album très introspectif. Portraits photos de Parisiens par un Vincent Perez photographe qui a mis entre parenthèses son métier d'acteur-réalisateur le temps de nous offrir une superbe expo visible à Vevey.

Une émission baignée par la musique de Mika...
Avec la linguiste Stéphanie Pahud et l'auteure Louise Ebel

Spoiler

Mika and Vincent Perez ...
... tell us about portraits. Portrait of singer through his latest album very introspective. Portraits photos of Parisians by a photographer Vincent Perez who has put in brackets his job of actor-director time to offer us a superb exhibition visible in Vevey.

A show bathed in the music of Mika ...
With the linguist Stéphanie Pahud and the author Louise Ebel

YouTube will be....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

RTS

https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/la-puce-a-loreille/video/mika-et-vincent-perez---?id=10884132

Mika et Vincent Perez...

...nous parlent de portraits. Portrait de chanteur à travers son dernier album très introspectif. Portraits photos de Parisiens par un Vincent Perez photographe qui a mis entre parenthèses son métier d'acteur-réalisateur le temps de nous offrir une superbe expo visible à Vevey.

Une émission baignée par la musique de Mika...
Avec la linguiste Stéphanie Pahud et l'auteure Louise Ebel

Reveal hidden contents

Mika and Vincent Perez ...
... tell us about portraits. Portrait of singer through his latest album very introspective. Portraits photos of Parisians by a photographer Vincent Perez who has put in brackets his job of actor-director time to offer us a superb exhibition visible in Vevey.

A show bathed in the music of Mika ...
With the linguist Stéphanie Pahud and the author Louise Ebel

YouTube will be....

Thank you @Kumazzz !!! :hug:

I like Vincent Perez, too, that's why I wanted to watch it so bad. :naughty:

• Like 1