2024 - MIKA @ Essonne en Scene, Chateau de Chamarande, FRANCE, 31 August

• dcdeb changed the title to 2024 - MIKA @ Essonne en Scene, Chateau de Chamarande, FRANCE, 31 August

Seems to be in the RER area of Paris, right? I certainly prefer Mika-only gigs/festivals to these big festivals with many artists, but I'll consider this - of the August dates so far it's the most doable for me. Need my dose of Mika once a month, lol! 😅

Does anyone know this festival? Are tickets likely to sell out quickly?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just bought a ticket - of course without checking accommodation first. :doh: I saw that it's easy to get there by RER from Paris, but I thought there'd be some hotels nearby - well, not really... so I guess it must be possible to use the RER back to Paris after the show, so all those who are going can go back? Does anyone know how long it usually runs, and will some of you be going back to Paris by RER as well, so I'm not on my own? I think some areas of Paris aren't really nice at night... Anyway, I guess that means no waiting for Mika after the show for me :no: ... but he usually doesn't come out to meet fans after festivals anyway, so I suppose I'm not missing much.

I decided to go as it seems to be the last gig of the summer festival tour (if that changes, I might change my mind again... :mf_rosetinted:) and because it's in France, so I hope to hear some more of the new French songs again. I missed them at the UK gigs, and I suppose that in Lucca and in Germany he won't play many of them either. Maybe Jane Birkin if we're lucky. I guess there'll be some in Orange, but with a symphonic arrangement ofc it's a different mood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Just bought a ticket - of course without checking accommodation first. :doh: I saw that it's easy to get there by RER from Paris, but I thought there'd be some hotels nearby - well, not really... so I guess it must be possible to use the RER back to Paris after the show, so all those who are going can go back? Does anyone know how long it usually runs, and will some of you be going back to Paris by RER as well, so I'm not on my own? I think some areas of Paris aren't really nice at night... Anyway, I guess that means no waiting for Mika after the show for me :no: ... but he usually doesn't come out to meet fans after festivals anyway, so I suppose I'm not missing much.

I decided to go as it seems to be the last gig of the summer festival tour (if that changes, I might change my mind again... :mf_rosetinted:) and because it's in France, so I hope to hear some more of the new French songs again. I missed them at the UK gigs, and I suppose that in Lucca and in Germany he won't play many of them either. Maybe Jane Birkin if we're lucky. I guess there'll be some in Orange, but with a symphonic arrangement ofc it's a different mood.

If I remember well I have read somewhere that there will be additional trains after the concert. I was interested to go as well but as I prefer to have a hotel close to the venue and they are very expensive and not very close to the gig area I gave up. 

So no waiting for Mika after the show as you said if you don't stay close to the venue. You have to think about catching the train to be able to go to Paris.

• Like 1