Eurovision 2024

Never got round to setting up a Eurovision 2024 thread.

Tbh I've heard all the songs and must admit I was totally underwhelmed by them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, silver said:

Tbh I've heard all the songs and must admit I was totally underwhelmed by them.

Same.. I've been watching Eurovision for more than 10 years now, and every year there were (at least) 5-6 songs I cheered for.

Since 2020 (when covid happened and they didn't organize the contest for the very first time since 1956) something changed.

No more real talents show up, no one takes it seriously. Of course there are - very few - exceptions (this year I really love the Italian entry, Angelina Mango) who can sing, dance and are seriously talented. But now it's only about being strange, weird, sometimes off putting or disturbing even (see Ireland this year...). It literally became a joke contest :( I'm really sad.

I know some people claim that ESC is about being open and free, where you can be yourself and do anything you want, that is the essence of Eurovision. But in my humble opinion, no it really isn't ? Doing anything you want at a song contest is not the point. There were joke entries in past as well, but now those are the majority almost.. the others are really weak, basic radio friendly songs. I've been following this contest for so long, I witnessed this huge downgrade compared to the 2010s. Really disappointing.

I should also mention that the stage design is beautiful, the hosts are cute and very well dressed. The visual effects are getting better and better every year, so I really appreciate it, but the songs on the other hand... I really don't get it.

EDIT: I hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just my personal view of course, as a long time Eurovision fan.

Edited by Tori13
  • Like 4

It seems to have changed from a song contest - where it was the music that mattered - into a presentation competition where people try to look as weird as possible and go in for lots of gimmicky effects.  And too many novelty songs.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Paoletta said:

I carry the edition with Mika in my heart:tears:

Me too. :wub2:

I think that edition was been better than others, the songs too... seemed to me more beautiful.

I don't know if it was the "Mika effect". :original:

This year, I'm trying to follow Eurovision but, I don't know why,  I don't understand the major part of songs and more singers scream instead of sing! :huh:

When I 'll able to see the final, will it change my  idea? :dunno:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 2