Is it mad to ask another fan club member (who you don't know) to a concert?

Mika Mad

I need some advice please:

I am totally desperate to go and see Mika at the venue nearest to me.

There are quite a few tickets for sale on Ebay and I want to buy 2 of them. (I wouldn't be happy doing the journey on my own)

None of my friends are into Mika and I can't help thinking that it would be much more fun to go with another fan.

My husband has said that he'll come with me if he has to, but it would be wasted on him.

I have always thought that people who meet up with others that they've met on the net are completely mad, but that was before I started this Mika obsession!

But..........

There is someone (male) here on the board who lives quite near to me. Would it be stupid to ask them if they'd like to come?

It's not as if I can't just ask straight out " are you a weirdo?"!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met a few other fan club members at the Culture Show shoot and they were all lovely people. BUT I went with a friend of mine, so I wasn't on my own. Your dilema is completely understandable and it's always wise to be cautious! Could you maybe meet up with the person you mentioned before you buy the tickets? Perhaps even meet them with your husband in tow, so his mind is at rest too? :thumb_yello:

It's the Birmingham one.

I would be brave enough to go to it on my own, but I couldn't possibly drive there without someone to navigate!

(plus, the tickets on Ebay all seem to be sold in pairs)

It's a good idea to try and meet up first, but I don't think that I've got enough time for that. At the moment I'm watching the tickets on Ebay and seeing how much they go for (a lot!!!!!!).

I doubt that anyone who isn't a real fan is going to pay a huge amount for their ticket and I can't afford to subsidise someone else.

What a dilemma...........

:confused:

Sorry, Divine Mrs M and WillyB, I looks like I'm ignoring you, but my post overlapped with yours.

I think that the other person isn't going and yes, WillyB, I'm tempted to follow your advice. Providing he's not a rapist or a murderer (both very unlikely!) I don't really care. He could be brown, he could be blue, he could violet sky......I just want to go!!!

I'm currently trying to get someone to go to the Birmingham one with me too...i'm also watching all of the E-Bay tickets. But I think i'm just going to wait for the next tour which will probably be soon I guess. It is a bit much paying £30+ for an £8 ticket. I wanna go to Koko because i'll be in London that day anyway because of another concert on Wednesday but those tickets are even harder to get!

If I do manage to get tickets I'd definately like to meet up with anyone from here that is going.

I can't indulge in my Mika obsession with my "real-life" friends because they just don't get it!

-Boring lot, they don't know what they're missing.

:naughty:

yeah ..I've met up loads of times for gigs etc with members of various forums ..always had a blast, and in fact have made some brilliant friends that way.

I think you get a pretty good idea about someone if you chat to them over a few weeks etc plus you are starting off with something in common ie music

But stay safe....meet first in a public place ...a pub or gig venue is ideal :thumb_yello: and if you are at all unhappy or feel uncomfortable you don't have to stay there, leave or just mingle with the rest of the crowd.

I'm a woman (er obviously:blink: ) and have been to literally 100's of gigs on my own (I average 30-40 gigs a year) and I can't remember ever having a problem of any note.

In fact people seem happy to chat and that if they see a woman on her own ..and it is a positive boon if you want to get to the front ...I've found people very rarely object to a small, solitary lady trying to get past them, especially if you are polite about it !:naughty:

Ahhh I quite often do that. The majority of my friends aren't too interested in going to concerts, atleast to the extent I do anyway, so I'm stuck on my own. Sooo I travel on my own and meet up with people I've met online. Or people I've met at previous concerts and kept in contact with online, I'll meet with those again. It's great fun!

I don't really see too much of a problem if you meet at the venue where there's other people etc. :)

Thank you everyone for all the replies.

Since I started this thread, things have changed because of the new dates in May. I've just ordered myself tickets for the Birmingham one, which gives me plenty of time to find a Mika-fan either in real life of from here to go with.

I am so excited!!

hey :)

i know what u mean about being scared.... tho i think if u talk to some ppl for awhile u get the feeling who is ok and who is crazy lol

at 2001 i went to the usa from Israel! to meet forum ppl :) it was crazy but we talked for months...i even went to sleep at their houses :) we went to 2 matchbox twenty concerts :) was a great road trip!!! so much fun! the best trip i ever did :)