Mika Vs. The Kaiser Cheifs...

Sarah_loves_mika

I feel like a good rant...does anyone else?

I recently read an reveiw on Mika. And let me tell you it was not good... the way they slated him almost made me cry [i think its on here somewhere if you search around] - Saying how "camp" he is and whatever... [grrr i hate that!!! LET HIM BE WHO HE WANTS TO BE!]

One of the things that they slate him for is pronouncing the words 'Grace Kelly' as 'Grace Kelleh'.... I know...it's petty, right??

And now there's all this so-called, tabloid fuelled 'rivalry' between the Kaiser Cheifs and Mika, with most of the people supporting the Kaisers as they can't accept originality....

But It came to my attention that...hang on...don't the kaiser cheifs pronounce it.... 'Rubeh, Rubeh, Rubeh, Rubehh?'

[plus, i dont think there is any rivalry on Mika's part, he seems like a pretty chilled out guy.]

If anyone wants to leave a reply to show their support for Mika's originality then please do so!

I just want to also clear up, that the article i mentioned, was not written by the Kaiser Cheifs, and had no quotes from any member of the band. Perhaps i did not explain myself properly

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying how "camp" he is and whatever... [grrr i hate that!!! LET HIM BE WHO HE WANTS TO BE!]

incase anyone took it the wrong way, i didnt mean that bein camp was bad, i meant that i hate it when they slate him for being camp or ask him in EVERY interveiw whether he is gay or not.

Just wanted to clear that up! :thumb_yello:

They're just jealous, never had a number 1 single from their first album highest position for 'Oh My God' was 6.

In fact their album didnt get to number one either. If Mika wasn't around they would have been number one for three weeks now. That's the only reason they're saying that. I'm sure they REALLY haven't got anything against him :)

Im a fan of both the Kaiser Chiefs and Mika. I think its the same with every artist you either love or hate them. Mika brings an energy to the stage and to his performance and puts on a good show, i guess if your into indie bands like the Kaisers then most people dont have the diversity to reach out to mikas type of music.... its all a case of tastes. if you like someone you praise them, if your not a fan then you all-out slate them.

in regard to that kaiser chiefs article (the one linked) i dont think anything too bad was said... kaisers just want their (first??) number one!

i guess if your into indie bands like the Kaisers then most people dont have the diversity to reach out to mikas type of music

Fair enough, we're all entitled to like the music we like, but I will never, ever understand how people can limit themselves.

I love Kaiser Chiefs and I love Mika just as much.

It's good to like a bit of everything, surely.

The article; I don't think it was too personal. Simon even mentioned he liked the song originally.

It's just number one fight talk! I think more often than not, things like these are said by artists.

Tbh i think the Kaisers only said it because Mika was the one person who could keep them off the number one spot. They probably think they are rock and roll stars who can slag off other acts and get away with it. I do like the Kaiser cheifs but i do think Ricky can be a bit big headed.